PDA

View Full Version : Please define "the fix"

PhilJr
11-06-2004, 12:14 AM
I see people complaining about the fix on games, but tonight I bet the Marshall/Akron Over. I saw 2 dropped TD passes by Marshall and 3 missd FG's. I also saw Marshall fumble on the 5 yard line when going in to score. Wouldn't the fix be on the under? Then Akron scores on a TD pass late in the game to cover the over. I don't get it. Are there really fixes on games or is it really the abililty or inability of the players to get the job done? If you bet the games, accept the outcome. Unless it makes you feel better to :bawling: about the outcome.

Finner
11-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Not on under.

P.S. Did not bet this game

PhilJr
11-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh shit, I forgot about the fix on Akron winning. That's why Marshall dropped 2 TD's and missed 3 FG's and botched up the punt at the end. I'm so stupid. It's got nothing to do with them winning and representing their school in a bowl game and making tons of money for their school. Sorry I brought this up.

Stranger
11-06-2004, 12:20 AM
I hate hearing "fix" this and "fix" that!!!
Like you say, if you bet on it then deal with it!!
The only possible "fix" in anything would be boxing and maybe a scattered Italy League Soccer game (the mob)

Shit happens, sometimes good and sometimes bad .. I lost a pretty penny on that damn goaltend last night on the buzzer, Cavs vs Heat!!

THERE ARE NO FIXES just morons playing the game!!

Peace out ... lets kill the man tomorrow

orientalhawn
11-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Only because we bet them.

That is why we think the fix is on.

I got VERY LUCKY with Akron

PhilJr
11-06-2004, 12:23 AM
You are absolutely correct. Very well said. I'm glad you won tonight (along with me) :red:

spreadman
11-06-2004, 12:32 AM
I just knew it was going to be 35-21 then the fumble!! We got very lucky ...:D

Trotter
11-06-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm a huge Herd fan being that i'm from Huntington, W.Va. and the truth is, Marshall just sucks this year, there was not a 'FIX'.

Akron getting 9.5 was a gift, i even bet against my favorite team and took the points, Marshall has played like this all year, their defense has definently improved this year but there offense has been pitiful (as we saw tonight), they do show signs of greatness at times, like they did in the 2nd quarter, but they always fold in the 2nd half.

They have only scored over 30 pts twice this year after averaging OVER 30 pts. a game the past 10+ years.

The only quality team they have beaten all year is Miami, Oh and that's because it was at home, look for them to get blown out at Bowling Green next week and not make it to a bowl game for the 2nd consecutive year :(

Homer
11-06-2004, 12:54 AM
In my opinion there isn't fixed games.

Marshall as a whole just totally choked in this game and thats the facts.

That was one on the most amazing games I have ever seen.

And I lost that game myself. It was a classic of a choke and nothing else. All the way around ;)

GL this weekend Phil and everyone else ;)

Trotter
11-06-2004, 01:14 AM
What comes around goes around, anyone that follows Marshall knows that's how they won games in the past when they had talent (Pennington and Leftwich)

Anyone remember that bowl game a couple years back against East Carolina? 64-61 final i think it was and the Herd was down by 30 at the half....

They will be back again in a couple years, when they win the CUSA Championship, they already dominated the MAC the past 7-8 years they just need a better challenge:D

Homer
11-06-2004, 01:24 AM
I remember that game. That was one of the all time classics. :D

porsche
11-06-2004, 01:32 AM
I am so naive. If there is such a thing as a fix, it would be most likely on the under not the side.Only Marshall was doing the drops. You don't ask both sides to fix the game. You have to pay too many people that way. If it went under, you only pay the Marshall kicker and the receivers.

My humble opinion. No response needed.

GLTA

casheasy
11-06-2004, 02:36 AM
You DO realize that a game can fixed by 2 or 3 guys, yet still lose, right?

Come on Phillip. Don't be a chicken :red:

wonderbread
11-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Come on Porsche...How do you think that there would be a fix? These kids are playing for more than pleasing hotshots from Vegas. Iv'e got pleny of friends that play on Div. I teams, and believe me, there are no fixes, just stupid players.

porsche
11-06-2004, 03:46 AM
What do you call the Tulane basketball scandals years back? If I remember right the newspapers called it a fix.

I am sorry, maybe you are not old enough to have heard about it.

Peace

Tigger
11-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Speaking of the Tulane scandals.......

I work with the best friend of the guy who got busted at Tulane for shaving points. LOL This gentleman is probably about 40 or so. Just funny that you mentioned that. And from what he's told me, it happened a lot back then, and it happens a lot now. He just got busted for it.

~~~ Tigger

porsche
11-06-2004, 04:01 AM
Thanks Tigger!

Porsche

Tigger
11-06-2004, 04:08 AM
That games are fixed, I'm not saying they aren't. But remember this, MONEY TALKS. It always has and always will. It's the reason why college kids will sell thier Sugar Bowl tickets after being told it's illegal, last year it happened to a LSU runningback. It's the reason why college kids will shave points, or do what it takes to make that JACK.

I'd like to think that all athletes are out for the ultimate goal and the glory of an honest victory, but they're NOT. This is the reason they take the HUGE signing bonus and go to the SHITTY teams for the big contract deals. They don't care about winning the super bowl. Some do yes, most don't. MONEY TALKS!!!!

~~~ Tigger