PDA

View Full Version : WLSF-Undervalued?

Pages : [1] 2 3

savage1
08-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Wallstreet and others interested-check this stock out-Wellstone Filters , symbol wlsf,a company which makes a revolutionary filter which really makes cigarette smoking safe(I have never smoked, but thats beside the point).
I have been loading up on this and currently have 17000 shares, 6000 shares purchased alone in the past few days at what I perceive as bargain prices.
Go to website www.wellstonefilters.com and check it out.
IF this concept ever sails, this stock could be a big winner.
Obviously as Wallstreet will tell you, this is very speculative, and theres no guarantee of anything other than life, death and taxes.
Stock closed today at .62, and I believe high for year is around $5.65 and in all fairness low at $.15.

wallstreet
08-18-2004, 08:16 PM
savage,

The market has been talking about this stock, since the break of a buck it has been crushed.

Often as we know, the market is wrong.. I have been buying stocks like HLIT, SONS, MANU, VTSS into the teeth of this drop..the last few days have given me hope on the bounce, and somtimes the biggest gains you will ever make are stepping in when everyone else is stepping out.

Looks like you were right about CLN..sucker went down after you talked.. you deserve a winner, I hope this one turns for you!!

savage1
08-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Wallstreet-Did you check it out at website, and if so, other than technical analysis, do you think there is any hope/promise?
I still have my cln hope and am trying to remain optimistic;I have no other choice.:D
ps Best of luck with your new investments.

wallstreet
08-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Savage,

A few points..

It looks like a great idea on the surface, reducing emmissions and tar etc, sounds like a shoe in.

Why is the stock so cheap and on the OTCBB? Companies are on that exchange because they cant meet listing requirements and other reasons.

I think if you are buying into the success of this product, like they say on the website it might take 3 plus years to see that, if at all.

The biggest problem I have with the product is two fold..first tobacco companies hide the content of their product and really dont care how it harms people or omits pollutants..so the motivation for tobacco companies isnt all that high, and in the past when the companies have tried low tar or low emissions products flopped (smokeless cigs if you remember)

Next is that it is an added cost to the cigarettes companies..this technology is an added cost for the tobacco companies, so I am not sure it will catch on the way the company expects it will.

Definately a gamble, will you cash? I am not sure, but I think you will definately be in for a wild ride!!

Not sure that is what you wanted to hear or anything new, but I couldnt buy into this technology knowing how tobacco companies do business and really dont care about the end user.

savage1
08-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Wallstreet-you presented some very good points, some of which I had not thought of.
On a somber note, the otc graveyard is strewn with companies which had great ideas but never quite made it.
If this suckers goes under $.50 I may sell all of it.
That being said, I think there is room for at least a little hope/promise at this juncture.

savage1
08-20-2004, 10:49 AM
It may be premature to get excited, but wlsf is starting to move.
I could use a big winner.

wallstreet
08-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Savage,

You deserve it..

Get some volume and you might be on to a nice move!!!

savage1
09-01-2004, 12:23 PM
WLSF is up to .98. I am sure glad I added at .54.
I hope someone bought it, although honestly I doubt it.
It might be worth considering to buy if it dips again into low to mid .80's.

knrsdad
09-01-2004, 05:30 PM
savage1, are you also under the handle Mizterweekend in the penny stock sites?

The reason I ask is that he has been recommending this pick too.
Could be just a coincidence. Its a solid pick though IMO.

Good luck, Dude!

savage1
09-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Knrsdad-In answer to your question, no. I don't post other than on stock chatline itself for that particular stock.

savage1
09-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Wlsf now at 1.18;I could sell and have a nice profit on my 17000 shares;this baby was at .54 just last week.
I think I will hold however, as I need these profits to make up for some of my other stocks which haven't done as well like my 30 thousand shares of cln, now selling at .62.
I still think in long term there is a HUGE upside potential for wlsf but probably wouldn't chase it here if you don't own it already.
Profit taking could set in any time now;then it might be ok to buy.

wallstreet
09-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Careful Savage..

Nice big gain here, congrats on an easy move and nice money.

You know this stock though, it will tank as quick as it moves up..

My advice, dont SELL necessarily, rather put in that mental stop and stick with it. Hopefully you move the stop UP as the stock moves, but if nothing you get out when it hits that sell point.

It is like LU when we talked a while back..the mental stop was good as the stock dropped from 4 to 3 if I recall.

Congrats, I have been watching it. I pulled some $$$ out of the market so I can buy another house for my company.

I am very happy for you..now lets get CLN moving..

savage1
09-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Wallstreet-as usual you are right;once I start seeing too many dollar signs. it means stock is primed to go down.
What I will probably do is if weakness starts to set in, I will sell 1/4/-1/3 of holdings. and see what happens.

savage1
09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Wallstreet-if you were I at what price would YOU sell some of holdings if it starts down and what percentage?
I should figure out the average price I purchased shares.
As stated I did buy at .54 last week but also bought earlier at .90 and even a few thousand shares at 1.12;thus total profit at this point not as good as one might think.
Its already starting to tank a bit.

wallstreet
09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
savage,

I would do just like you are thinking.

Calculate the profit you have..and for me (you might be surprised) I usually just group my OVERALL profit/loss. I used to group by lot I bot the shares and I do that if I am DOWN overall on the trade..then buying later to average myself OUT..

But say you have 17k shares and you have a profit of 1500 bucks..you gotta decide how much you want to lock in and how much you will "let ride". I am doing that on my SONS right now, also doing the same on my VTSS (loser right now).

Keep it simple, decide how much profits you want to put in the piggy bank and how much you can let ride hoping for the home run.

Also keep in mind this market has been selling off after the first hour nearly every day, so the tank might not be just the stock itself but sellers coming in at the same time expecting the same results.

Let me know what you decide, I will be watching.

savage1
09-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Wallstreet-Christmas continues as wlsf is up to $1.36 and I still have all my shares.
If you get a chance, take a look at the chart and tell me what you think.
thanks
ps Congrats on your nice hit on sons.

wallstreet
09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Savage,

Pull up a year chart on the stock if you can, or use this link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=WLSF.OB&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=m20,m50&a=&c=

Look at the March spike, that would be a point of resistance. Also look at the moving averages I put on the chart.. The 50 and 20 day moving averages are converging near the 1.00 range.. If the stock moves below the 20 and 50 day moving averages that is usually a sell point. I know that is far away but it would put in a "bail out" point for sure.

If the market starts to tank and the "loose" money starts to stop, I imagine you could see a sharp drop in the stock.

Keep sliding up the stop price you have..and stick with it. So to be precise..if you were to say that if the stock went to 1.00 when it was at 1.25, then your stop now is say 1.15..just keep moving up your stop out price and most importantly, when you sell..if you want to keep some stock, sell at least 50% of your cost of the stock and protect yourself.

If you have specific questions you can always ask, or email me too.

You deserve a winner..nicely done. I am itchy since I am 100% cash now..and as usual I sell early as I buy early too..lol

Thanks for the nice wishes on SONS..it was really one of the easiest trades I have made this year.

savage1
09-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Wallstreet, thanks for the link and advice.
The time to be careful is when the feeling sets in that a stock is going to the moon;then its time to sell.
That feeling hasn't arrived yet for me, but we may be getting close.
As we all know, stocks like this can get hit with a .50 decline or more in minutes if not seconds.:D

wallstreet
09-14-2004, 11:34 AM
looking gooooodddddd...

:D

savage1
09-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Too good, perhaps;I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

wallstreet
09-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Savage,

That is our nature as stock traders..when will it go down or up depending on the position.

When it finished strong yesterday I thought you had a decent chance at more upside.

Just keep sliding up that mental stop, and use it when the time comes.

You are over a buck in the money, nice going!

savage1
09-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Wallstreet-My profit is really good but not a buck in the money, as I bought some shares in the $.90--$1.10 range; I did add nicely in the $.54-.62 range however.

savage1
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Wallstreet-I just sold 2000 shares at $1.60;these were my trading shares which I purchased at $1.15.
I don't want to get too greedy and still have $15000 shares remaining.

savage1
09-14-2004, 02:25 PM
With the proceeds from the 2000 shares of wlsf I just bought 1000 shares of snvbf at 3.36;this is a biotech stock which looks promising(I am just getting my feet wet with this one;it was featured in the Homerun Stock Alert Publication).
Wallstreet-tell me what you think.

wallstreet
09-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Savage,

Nice going on the sell..and you have plenty left for the move to 5 bucks..

I was hoping when I entered that symbol it wasnt an OB stock, but it was.. I dont like stocks that are in that area as you know, too many unknowns and possible blind sides can happen when the rules arent tight like on the listed exchanges. I would prefer you bought a stock like MEDX or ARIA, low priced biotechs that are listed on the NASDAQ..

But since you bot that stock I will tell you what I see.. the chart looks like a summer snooze. No volume or price action in this stock since March.

Please check out the balance sheet here, you might be concerned-

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=SNVBF.OB&annual

Unlike listed stocks, you get less data with BB stocks. It looks like somthing dramatic happened between Dec and Apr. Net Assets went from a positive 3612 to a negative 26 (k)

They are also losing money like most biotechs, but since they are on the BB, they are non compliant for one reason or another.

Finally, that report..come on now..you can do better than the HomeRun stock alert. It sounds like Boiler Room all over again.

You seem comfy with this approach as your aggressive account, which I would like to talk you out of somtime. I would rather see you taking smaller positions in listed stocks and steer clear of the BB and PK stocks, and for that matter the Amex stocks (CLN). Find the same groups that are listed and you have higher odds of the company being honest and truthful and the data being legit.

savage1
09-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Wallstreet. Thanks.
I read the writeup and did a little research and snvbf, and it looks like it has some potential.
Remember-I can always bail out if it goes down 10% or so, and I only bought 1000 shares.
This Homerun Stock Alert is written by Richard Schmidt, who purportedly has a good track run(on the other hand a lot of sports services say the same thing if you get my drift).
Anyways, lets see what happens.
ps I can't argue with you nasdaq vs. otc stocks in general-its like comparing Barry Bonds to a batter who has a lifetime batting average of .220 in the minor leagues.
I will look at the two stocks you mentioned.

wallstreet
09-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Savage,

Sorry to bust your chops there, I just would prefer you to be in better stocks.

Now those two are just the tip of the iceburg. I know biotechs 2nd best to me knowing techs in general.

Funny story (I told this before I bet) I owned ONXX at 5 bucks when I was trading covered calls years ago..this year it hit 60 bucks..

What I would do is find a biotech or two..then find their competitors, soon you will have 20-30 you will be following. I dont trade biotechs this year as the sector has ran more than the average..but I would again most definately.

ps- WLSF keeps finishing close to the highs of the day..have patience..that fact to me means quite a bit. Right now stock is 2-3 cents from the high. When it starts underperforming, then it is time to bail..right now things look decent.

savage1
09-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Wallstreet-what I would appreciate (if it is not too much to ask) is to continue to give me an opinion on wlsf (tech. analysis, etc.) whenever you can, as you are much better schooled in this than I.
I don't want to make the same mistake I did with actv(symbol iatv), when I let a couple of hundred thousand profit slip away(I told you about that one).
Obviously the profit here is much less even though I have 15000 shares remaining as opposed to the 5000 or shares I had of iatv, which went from 4 to 50 during the internet bubble.
Having invested in the market for many years, I have learned a lot, but your objective approach would sure hope (in case that I become too emotionally involved with this stock or any other for that matter).
Thanks and continued best of luck with your investments.
ps cln is still struggling and one of their medical directors just resigned-I can't have everything I guess.

wallstreet
09-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Savage,

I finally read on why the stock went crazy. I imagine you knew already, but the company is getting into cig making now, not just the filter. Thus the run over the last two days.

Be careful here, that was great news and it may be sell time for those who made a nice profit.

I know just yesterday it looked good, but that top today might be it for a while at 1.71. Not saying it will be but it might be a day or two of selling here, maybe more.

Interesting how they are going to make cigs now themselves versus try and sell their filter.

savage1
09-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Wallstreet-Yeah I know that they decided to make the cigs on their own.
I was a little tied up this morning and didn't sell any more shares.
If it breaks below $1.40, I may sell some more.
What would you use as a level to sell some and would you use intraday or close price as the ciriterion?
Thanks

wallstreet
09-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Savage,

Intra-day most definately.. Close/Open is for longer term stops..we are traders and I look at just a flat level for where I want in or out.

I am happy to see no testing of that low of the day. If it starts making intraday lows near the close, then get worried. Right now it is in a middle of its range, volume has slowed..doesnt look horrible.

I would use a 15% stop, so based on that I would take a percentage off the table if the stock got below 1.25 or so. With the action this stock has, your stop has to be very wide..very wide.

Keep me updated.. You see TASR??? crazy!

savage1
09-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks Wallstreet, but how did you arrive at $1.25 based on a 15% stop? you are not using the $1.69 that stock hit yesterday as the point at which the 15% shoudl be taken.
I hope you own tsar, as I do not;the Cabot Market letter to which I subscribed until 3 months ago or so was high on that stock at one time.

wallstreet
09-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Savage,

I was saying about 15% from these levels. Also that price point is probably a spot where I might think it goes much lower if I owned it.

Of course a 15-20% stop has to be determined by the owner..so if you base 1.70 as the figure, then 1.40 or so would be the sell stop.

My point is that whatever target you decide..10%, 20%,30% whatever, use it and dont look back. You are booking profits and you never get it 100% right. You can always buy back in higher if you want, but if it goes lower there is never another chance as you well know.

Its hard for me not to regret..but if I am using a philosophy that protects profits and limits losses it is the correct way to invest the way we do.

If we wanted to be really specific, I would pull up a 3 month chart..overlay the 20 and 50 day moving average...if the stock went below that, it would be trouble. Anything above from a chartists point of view it is not worth selling. The problem is that level is about 1.00.

I think the mental stop is the best call on this stock.

savage1
09-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the very sound advice!

savage1
09-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Wallstreet-the stock gave back most of yesterday's gain.
Do you think this is normal profit taking and/or do you think that some support levels have been breached, or would you say that tomorrow's action will let us know more?

wallstreet
09-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Savage,

Looks ok today, keep that mental stop in place and let the market tell you what to do..

Sorry about CLN..dont know what to say than average out, but we can discuss that another day..

savage1
09-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Hi Wallstreet-wlsf is holding its own for now.
Cln SUCKS as usual.
snvbf is up to 3.50-alas I purchased only 1000 shares at 3.36.
I suppose I could cash and use the $100 profit or so after commissions to try a nice 4 team parlay for tonight.:D

wallstreet
09-16-2004, 02:10 PM
:red: :red: :red:

Let me give my plays, just go the opposite and you will cash!!

savage1
09-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Wallstreer-Here is another hyped stock whcih I just received in another newsletter I got today. FNGC-all kinds of promises and optimistic predictions in writeup.
I didn't buy any it yet-check it out.

wallstreet
09-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Bad symbol?

FGNC came up with nothing.

savage1
09-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Oops-I meant fngc.

wallstreet
09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Savage,

How can I say this...

YIKES!

:red: :red: :red:

No earnings, no revenues, I dont see any assets or legitimate cash on hand.

I see a stock split 5 for 1 when the stock was 2 bucks?

This might turn out for you if there is a reason to think they are going to start having business, but just from the 5 minute check, this stock is a very very very speculative gamble.

I have to wonder the source of this pump and what relationship they might have with the company.

Cant say I would even give this one a 100 buck try, but hey this might turn out to be a big time winner..I just dont see it.

Let me know if you get in and I will try to watch it for you.

savage1
09-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Wallstreet-I probably won't buy it. I already have another one of these type of stocks GPTC(mining), that I have taken a bath on(nowhere near as bad as cln but still in the red).

wallstreet
09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Savage,

Read this-

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040823/fngc.ob10qsb.html

It is about that stock. They have several going concern issues, the stock is a shell for Falcon who for some reason cannot become a traded company, which happens..a company reverse merges with another where the previous company has nothing to do with the merger. In this case the stock was an aquestrian magazine which didnt make it, then this Falcon company comes and buys the shell and takes it over as its trading entity.

Now why it does this is to get capital and people to have interest in the underlying company.

I dont like what I read..but before you buy one share, read the whole thing... It could be a huge pump and dump and I dont want you to get taken!

savage1
09-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Wallstreet-I read about 1/2 of it;that was all I needed to decide that this is not a stock I want to buy.
Like you say, it might be pumped for a while, but on the other hand, maybe it has already been pumped, and is ready for a decline;in any event I am not interested-I don't care how high it goes(because of my bad experience with gptc, which appears to be another pump and dump, I probably wasn't going to buy it anyways).
Just keep me posted on wlsf, as this appears to be a nice winner at least for now.
Thanks for linkand advice.

wallstreet
09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Savage,

That stock keeps going up..almost 10% today.

I just cant pull the trigger on a shell company with no cash and no revenues. It could be a huge hit but if/when the bottom falls, it wont be a slow process.

WLSF hanging in there nicely.

I am all cash...hate it cause I want to be making money, but thats how I always am when all cash..

:red:

savage1
09-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Wallstreet-thanks.
Also, like most stocks of this nature you cannot put a stop loss , because if you do the "lock" is that the mm's will be sure to take it there when you are not watching if you get my drift.
A mental stop seems safe EXCEPT for the fact that like a delinquent child, a stock like this must be watched at all times.
Casual watching of a could mean you could get blindsided and run over by a bulldozer;obviously, that could happen no matter what you do.
For now anyways all is well in Mudville.:D

savage1
09-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Wallstreet-my ex-wife raves about the stock ugho, and is kicking herself for selling on Friday before it really took off.
She wants an opinion on it, and I figure you are as good as anyone to ask.
If you get a chance, let me know what you think.
Thanks as always.

wallstreet
09-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Savage,

The negative- a 20 for 1 reverse split in 2002, lost a contract last quarter so they had no revenues to report.

Looks like they are a security firm that has several subsidiaries-

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=UGHO.OB

Balance sheet looks like crap-

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=UGHO.OB&annual

Losing money like crazy every period-

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=UGHO.OB&annual

Last 10Q- http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040823/ugho.ob10qsb.html

What I caught from reading it quickly was they sold a ton of shares for cash within the last few months.

Ok to the positive..the stock ran like crazy friday on gigantic volume.

What do I think happens? I think it sells off between 25-50% of its gain today in the next 3 trading sessions. That doesnt mean it isnt a longer term buy, but that kind of move cannot be sustained and has to be retraced. So if you want to get in, wait and let the volume dry out and let the stock consolidate, then build a position after the conference. It could move quite a bit more, so if you want to buy in for this move be ready to sell quickly.

The news was this-

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040916/lath089_1.html

They are going to launch a new produ
ct line that would compete with TASR..

Let me know what you do/think about this. Definately a nice move and nice volume.

savage1
09-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Wallstreet-Thanks for the great research and analytical opinion;I am going to email that to my ex.
I might trade it some time after and only after a pullback.
The fact that the company itself says it could go out of business puts the warning flag up for me.
Thanks again;I am more concerned with wlsf on the good side and cln on the bad.

savage1
09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Wallstreet-check out the news of the 3-1 stock split on wlsf and tell me what you think.

savage1
09-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Ugho is having a wild day-down sharply to 1.24 and now up on the day.
It would appear you can make money on this stock if you are nimble and not too greedy.

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Savage,

Good grief!

I thought there would be a retrace, just not that fast. I am not 100% sold on their products, but if they work, it would be a big deal..

3 for 1 on WLSF, I do not like this move at all, it is somthing a penny stock does to increase liquidity and to make news.. not a smart business decision and keeps your mind on what kind of stock it is no matter what the price is.

savage1
09-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Wallstreet-ugho had a retrace by my standards, one which lasted less than an hour.:D
At what price would you buy it if you had to(if you wanted to try to trace it?).
Wlsf-seems strange to me seeing a stock so cheap split.

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Savage,

It has some strong momentum, but that can evaporate in minutes as we know. I have it up and am watching it myself. It retraces a little, then moves to highs. Keeps hitting new highs.

If you want in, jump in when it seems everyone is bailing on a minute chart..so if it goes back to 2.25 or so. But keep in mind this is action which even a pro can get smashed getting involved in. It looks sexy because of the action, but if you get in be prepared to BAIL and dont hang on.

To be honest though, the way it is trading I wouldnt be shocked to see 3 bucks today on it. This is voodoo land and since it is the OTCBB with high volume and a good looking story, who the hell knows where it stops.

So if you get in, be nimble and dont take it personally when/if it dumps.

Again, I am not sold on their products, it sounds great..and if it IS great, well it goes much higher. I just cant see a company who has 8 employees, more execs than employees and has 250 subcontractors would have a miracle product.

I wouldnt fight the tape though.. if it goes higher, so be it.

WLSF..that is a ploy that makes me mad.. no need for a split, and they have done it before too.. but what are you going to do about it..just keeps your mind on the fact that they are a BB stock and will always BB one..

edit) no stop at 2.50...geez

2.50 might be a sell point, lets see if she retraces and tries to shake the momentum 100 share players away.

savage1
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks wlsf.
I just called my ex-wife to see if she got back in ugho;she wasn't home.
Hopefully, she bought in this morning when it dipped;she is expecting next month and could use the money I am sure.
I will probably stay away and/or it goes to your trigger point or perhaps even lower-I have been burned too many times before chasing stocks like this.

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Savage,

I hope she did too, but doubtful right?

And it is ok to chase..making good money doesnt have to be on dips, but people who chase usually dont bail when that point comes. They get sucked in and dont pull the plug.

UGHO not backing off at all..

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Inverted bid/ask

There is some serious demand here..

savage1
09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Wallstreet- we will find out soon, as she is home but phone line is busy(she must be on computer).
You are probably right-if a team has won 9 straight, you should bet on them rather than saying I will bet them after they lose a game-same thing here, right?

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 12:35 PM
I tried to buy at 2.75, but only offers are being hit..that means people are not selling.

Looks like 3 is here already..geez.

While we have been talking it has almost gone up a buck. When I pulled it up, she was at 2.05 or somthing.

Stupid!

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Gotta run for a few, let me know if you do/did anything!!

Maybe 4 today based on the demand here. There hasnt been a pullback since 2.50.

savage1
09-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Wallstreet-the good news is that when it started to dip, my ex-wife bought 4000 shares at 1.86.
the bad news is that she went out and put an order to sell at $2.00;she won the battle but lost the war so to speak.
She now wants to get back in of course, and I told her to be careful and read what you emailed me.

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Savage,

Man what a pop on that balloon.

I am tempted at 2.50 to try a few shares. I hope if you did somthing that you legged in..

edit) watched it hit 2.50, bounced off 2.50 and moved nicely higher. I tried to buy at 2.63 but the stock just kept moving up. Since I cannot trade after hours I am not going to chase the last 30 min. I think it should move lower into the close..

savage1
09-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Wallstreet-I didn't do anything yet;stocks like this make me nervous.
Wlsf is having a good day on its own smaller scale, and thats all that matters right now.

savage1
09-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Wallstreet-my ex-wife although not a member of this forum is reading your and my posts and would like an opinion on mrkl if you get a chance.
Thanks

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Savage,

Real quick on this stock-

Wish it wasnt a BB stock..but here we go.

One reason I found in 5 seconds that I wouldnt invest-

Since 1998 they have done in total a 1 for 10 reverse, a 1 for 40 reverse and a 1 for 60 reverse. The stock is still at 70 cents after all that..

Todays move is due to the unaudited addition of revenue made by a recent acquisition.

One other quick comment- look at a quarterly income statement. When selling expenses are greater than revenue, the company has problems.

One positive..the stock bounced nicely off horrible lows on good volume, but if I were wagering, this bounce wont last.

If she wants in here, leg in on 25% pieces.

I would wager they will not be around within 5 yrs..they have hardly any shares left to reverse split! Looks like they have 25 M shares or so, thats why the volume today when it is up volume really makes this baby cook..kinda like TASR did before their first split..hardly any shares means strong movements in both directions.

Tread lightly...

savage1
09-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Wallsteet-thanks. I told her to read it.
What about wlsf? Another nice gain today. Do you still see upside potential here?

wallstreet
09-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Savage,

Look at a yearly chart on the stock..

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=WLSF.OB&t=1y

Looks like this is a critical point technically speaking since we are back to levels in March. If the stock continues to break through this level and holds it going forward I dont see why it cannot retest the 3 area (being extreme here).

Do I think it goes there? No. In order to have this rally mean somthing going forward the stock needs some basing..or level trading for a period of time. If you get some basing and can build off this price area ( say 1.40 to 1.70) and sustain it with or without news, then you can see higher prices.

In the nearterm, you keep riding the momentum and raise your mental stop. No need to cut gains since we dont see them often enough.

I wouldnt add here, but I would raise my stop to that peak in late August, around 1.25 or so.

savage1
09-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Wallstreet-I looked at the chart you provided(thanks) and understand what you mean.
I will probably use $1.40 as a stop loss to take some profits off the table, and wait to see what happens to see whether I should buy the sold shares back and/or to sell some more.

savage1
09-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Wallstreet-I put a day order in on ugho to buy 1000 shares at 2.26;lets see what happens. I am watching it now as it drops to see whether that bid may be too high;I am looking for a quick buck here(unlike wlsf) and thats it.

savage1
09-21-2004, 09:53 AM
I got my 1000 shares at 2.26;now the fun begins. Hope ugho doesn't turn into "ughhh"o for me.
It looks like I was too early to the party as stock now sitting at 2.05.

wallstreet
09-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Party NOT over..

2.80!

I am unable to get here early anymore, I keep missing entries..

savage1
09-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Sold shares at 2.80. I was at a meeting;I probably should have put a day order in higher, say at $3.00 or so, but thats life.

wallstreet
09-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Savage,

500 bucks is nothing to sneeze at..nice going!

That MRKL has been moving up all morning.

savage1
09-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I forgot about mrkl-my ex wife's phone has been busy all morning(she has only one phone line-hopefully she cleaned up today with these two stocks).
Sometime I would like to ask you about "freeriding."
I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I have called Quick and Reilly at least 7 or 8 times about what constitutes freeriding and have been giving 7 or 8 DIFFERENT responses.
It happened to me about a month ago; basically I had bought a stock in same day sold it and bought it back the same day AND sold some other stocks so that wouldn't be any problems.
They still considered it freeriding and demanded that I send the money over immediately rather than normal settlement or else I would be placed on 90 day restriction.
I wish had a tape recording for each of conversations since that incident showing you how many different interpretations there of what constitutes free riding (something like the bible I guess :red: :red: :red: ).

savage1
09-21-2004, 12:38 PM
I just talked to my ex-wife.
She had a doctor's appointment today and did nothing.
Wlsf is still moving up slow and steady(thats the way I like it).

wallstreet
09-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Savage,

Free riding is a real issue and is legit. What you described as free riding is what I know it as.

Here are ways around it- get a margin account. If you have a margin account then you have borrowing power and the money is there immediately.

Free riding is a serious issue, if the branch manager was a tough guy they could take away the gains you had if the funds werent there before settlement.

They can also suspend your trading privilages and disallow you to trade without the funds in the account. When I was a broker we had several people on those leashes.

People would make a trade, buy and sell with no funds in the account, then drag their feet to bring in the original funds.

Part of the issue is that the brokerage is floating you the funds until settlement, they are essentially loaning you funds for those 3 days. I have also seem branch mgrs charging the interest for the time it takes from the date of trade until funds arrive.

I know you arent trying to do anything wrong, I just dont want to see you get an account suspended or restricted.

savage1
09-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Wallstreet-I am all set now. Even though I have received many different versions of what free riding is from the SAME brokerage house, I play it safe always now and make sure the funds are always available.
The only reason it happened once is that I didn't understand the rules;now I do, even though as stated I am not sure that all the brokers do.
Re: margin account, the only problem is that with THIS account I don't have anything which is marginable(stocks are under $4), so term is meaningless here, no?

wallstreet
09-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Savage,

100 percent correct.. if you dont have marginable stocks it doesnt help you at all. You might consider transfering a big position that you have which you arent going to sell just for the margin it frees up from another firm.

About the different stories, well to be honest you are dealing with young guys who are cutting their teeth so they might not know a ton about it, or even people who arent licensed and wouldnt know.

Most people run into this once and understand it, then its not an issue again..like you are saying.

WLSF looks good, big congrats..you deserve it!

I might stand pat for a long time..it smells like a market dump is coming..resistance all over the place. I want to get in a few positions for a year end rally and it might take a few weeks to walk this market down. Thats tough for me, but I think it is my plan.

savage1
09-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Wallstreet-I am going to mow my lawn now, and the fear is there that when I come back wlsf will be down from where it is now.
I really shouldn't look at it that way, but I guess thats human nature(or at least my nature).
Talk to you after I mow the lawn(hope my investments don't get 'mowed" during my brief absence). :red: :red: :red:

mary
09-21-2004, 02:30 PM
WHAI SHOULD BE BOUGHT--IM TOLD 10.00 IN 2 YEARS-THIS IS NOT A TRADE ITS A BUY AND HOLD--THEY HAVE BIG MEETING IN NYCITY TOMORROW--I JUST BOUGHT IT AT 2.90 A SHARE

savage1
09-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Wallstreet- I am pooped(for the time being anyways) from mowing the lawn, and to my amazement stock hasn't dropped yet.
By the way I agree with your comments about "rookies" not understanding free riding.
Keep me updated and hope your investments are doing well and/or if you take buy something new, you hit it big.
Mary-thanks for that stock. I am curious as to what wallstreet has to say about it.

wallstreet
09-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Savage,

You must have a big yard..lol

As for mary's stock, I cant recommend it. If I am taking a time horizon of 2 yrs I am not going to buy a BB stock or a PK stock unless it is on the sheets for a reason (like I bot HLSH and SONS) that they are going BACK to being listed.

I would recommend taking that same price point and research a stock that might be down now and buy it..somthing like JDSU or CHTR or MRVC or VTSS somthing that has legit earnings, audited financials and you can trust what the company says.

That doesnt mean she/he wont hit it big, maybe it will happen, but the odds are against you when the company cannot comply with the requirments to be on the NYSE/AMEX or NASDAQ.

I hope it works out, but they also said DFIB was going to triple in a day if I recall correctly.

Take it for what it is worth, I just have experience with all kinds of trading and you play against the odds when you trade BB stocks and PK stocks, especially for buy and hold.

savage1
09-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Wallstreet-I do have a big backyard, either that or I am just slowing down;an hour to mow it is normal actually.
Nice day in the market(wlsf) and small hit on ugho.
Now hopefully some nice winners for me and youI(if you bet tonight) in bases tonight on a MUCH MUCH smaller scale for obvious reasons!(for me anyways).

wallstreet
09-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Savage,

I cant win on bases at all. I have given up on it. I tried my own skills or lack thereof, I tried others, I just lost almost every wager I made. Especially on good teams like St.Louis.

I hope you fare better, I just cannot bet it.

I had a big yard when in Pa, had to pay someone to do it..

lol

savage1
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Wallstreet-I am a knowledgeable baseball fan but a lousy capper.
I usually mix my own picks(shouldn't do it) with the picks posted for free by the good cappers and in service request section to try to stay above water.
Believe me what I bet and win or lose in a week is a tiny fraction of whatI I invest in the market;its a hobby and nothing else.

mary
09-22-2004, 08:12 AM
World Health Alternatives, Inc. Adds Depth to Management Team; World Health Also Unveils New, Interactive Website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BusinessWire
06:00 a.m. 09/22/2004

PITTSBURGH, Sep 22, 2004 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- World Health Alternatives, Inc. (WHAI), a premier medical staffing company that provides medical, professional and administrative staffing services to the healthcare industry through its World Health and MedTech Medical Staffing Divisions, today announced additions to its management team.

John C. Sercu was previously appointed to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer of World Health. Mr. Sercu was formerly the CEO of Pulse Healthcare Staffing, Inc. and joined World Health in May 2004, following the Company's purchase of Pulse. Mr. Sercu joined Pulse after holding the CEO position at Parker Services, Inc., a privately held, regional staffing company based in Seattle, Washington. Prior to his employment with Parker Services, Mr. Sercu was a Vice President of Staffing for Cotelligent and then transitioned to Hall Kinion & Associates, Inc., a publicly held staffing company (HAKI) based in San Francisco, CA, where he served as its Executive Vice President of Contract Services. Mr. Sercu's prior experience also includes working for Coca-Cola and Pepsi in their respective sales departments and for Coors as a National Sales Manager. Mr. Sercu holds a B.S. in finance and marketing from California State University in Sacramento, and completed the Graduate Management Program at the University of Washington's Business School. He is also a veteran of the Unites States Army.

Richard McDonald, President of World Health Alternatives, said, "John Sercu has a proven track record in the operations side of the staffing industry. He knows the California market as well as the travel nursing business, and I have relied on his business sense and enthusiasm throughout the integration of Pulse's operations into World Health. Additionally, John brings practical experience in leading and growing large business units in the staffing industry, which is reflected in the growth of Pulse and other staffing firms with which he has been involved. John and I have established a great working relationship and he will play a key role in our future operations and anticipated expansion. In fact, his assistance in integrating World-Ware, the web based IT infrastructure that will form the backbone of the Company's computer operations and support systems, into the Company's operational systems has already demonstrated his ability to lead our operations."

Mr. Sercu said, "World Health Alternatives is on a path of rapid growth and opportunistic acquisition that will require careful planning and attention to detail. I believe that my in-depth knowledge and experience in the staffing industry, coupled with my hands-on approach to managing, has already been, and will continue to be, an invaluable asset to World Health. I've enjoyed an excellent working relationship with Richard McDonald over the past few months and look forward to a long and successful future with the Company."

World Health has also strengthened its management team through the addition of two new Vice Presidents. Dorreen Addelmann has joined the Company as a Vice President of Recruiting. In her 15 years of recruiting and sales experience, Ms. Addelmann has worked as Managing Vice President for Hall Kinion & Associates, where she founded a new branch office and led the national account efforts for Hall Kinion's largest customer. She has also held sales and recruiting roles at other staffing companies and at a Big Four accounting firm. She holds a B.S. in Management from Cardinal Stritch University and an MBA from the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.

Kristen Blos-Long also joins World Health as a Vice President in the Travel Allied Health Division. She brings almost 10 years of experience in staffing and human resources management to the Company. Also a former employee of Hall Kinion, Ms. Blos-Long worked extensively in recruiting with start-up companies in Silicon Valley. She is a graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara and San Jose State, where she studied Advertising and Marketing.

The Company also unveiled its new, interactive website, which can be found at www.whstaff.com . Mr. McDonald, in announcing the new website, said, "With the rapid changes in our business following our acquisitions, we have revamped our corporate website. We believe it will better reflect our new organization, help existing and potential clients learn more about us and our services, and aid investors through increased communication with the Company."

About World Health Alternatives

World Health Alternatives, Inc. is a premier human resources firm offering specialized healthcare personnel for staffing and consulting needs in the healthcare industry. The Company, through its World Health and MedTech Medical Staffing Divisions, places its experienced personnel on a project, temporary, permanent, or temporary-to-permanent basis. These options allow clients to control the expenses associated with new staff while also giving them the unique opportunity to evaluate a candidate's performance essentially risk-free. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, the Company has branch offices in Citrus Heights, CA, Boca Raton, FL, Sanford, FL, Danvers, MA, Portsmouth, NH, Nashua, NH, Cleveland, OH and Portland, OR. Additional information about World Health can be found at the Company's website at www.whstaff.com .

savage1
09-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Wlsf is really flying.
I think I will raise mental stop to $1.80 for at least some of the shares.
Wallstreet-what do you think?

wallstreet
09-22-2004, 02:21 PM
I was just going to come on and congratulate you..

Nice going on all shares now, you really deserve it.

Keep sliding up the mental stop, but take it if you have to.

Or.. if you had a profit in mind on the trade, the profit is exceeded, take a percentage of the shares off the table.

There is never a bad time to take a profit. We will never catch every penny, but taking them is as important as buying right.

Oh and a comment about betting..I would more if I could win. To me I stink at it no matter what I do, I still enjoy it and if the percentages were with me I would play quite a bit more. Gambling for me is comparable to options in the stock market, it looks sexy and has huge single upside, but most lose just like in gambling.

You been watching the news on that UGHO? Just horrible how the company is pumping itself, talking about hitting highs on volume blah blah..that is just a blatant joke..

Keep up the good work on that stock..CLN looks dead in the water.

savage1
09-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Wallstreet-thanks.
I don't want to be too greedy but not too conservative either-a happy medium is needed with this stock.
Re: gambling-I just have fun with it, watch the cappers and try to act as a Ralph Nader type re: the services which try to deceive/mislead, etc.
I love to bet games pretty small actually, 4 team parlays, etc. and enjoy myself, win or lose and not lose any sleep.
I am not trying to get rich with gambling, as the odds as you say are stacked against you as with options(I lost my short on these and am proud to say I haven't bought any of these for at least 5 years).

savage1
09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
I forgot to tell you that i don't have ugho now(made $500 yesterday on it as I said before)) but did buy 2000 shares of mrkl today at 1.22 for ha-ha's.

wallstreet
09-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Savage,

Yeah I was just pointing out what a joke that UGHO company press releases are being..abusing the medium. And I didnt think you had more shares, although if you got some at the lows you might be ok.

Good luck with MRKL,you seem to be on a roll!

I think the market is going to take a dump here in the next few weeks, I hate waiting but this could be a great setup for stocks I really want to get in on for a year end rally.

And it is too bad I suck at gambling, in some ways it reminds me of the hyper trading I did when a market maker..that thrill is great when you arent losing 8 of 10..lol

savage1
09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Wallstreet-I just sold 2000 shares at 2.16.
I repurchased these 2000 shares several days ago at 1.66 after initially selling at 1.60;these for now are my trading shares.
I still have 15000 shares remaining and will lighten up if stock heads downward.
I am not going to piss away the big profit I have on this one that I did previously on other stocks.
I have a feeling that this stock could get hit with profit taking any day which would take it down to at least $1.80.

savage1
09-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Wallstreet-not even a few days have gone by, and what do you know-The Homerun Stock Alert has yet another stock alert-this time XNWK.
Tell me what you think;this is starting to remind me of Sports Services which have GOY'S every day of the year. :D

savage1
09-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Xnwk down-I am glad I didn't purchase it.
Mrkl is tanking(I probably got too greedy) but wlsf up again nicely.

wallstreet
09-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Savage,

WLSF keeps its uptrend intact, and you watch it closely enough to take correct action if you have to. Good job on taking profits too.

I dont see why you even look at that homerun report, that is going to bite you more often then make you money. It deals with BB and PK stocks, manipulated and semi unregulated. I dont trust any newsletters. I would rather research myself and leave the pumping for people who want to get trapped.

Sorry to be harsh but these kind of reports will not make you money. Maybe somtimes, but when you get on the dump side it gets ugly fast...1 dump is more than 5 gainers.

Dont let MRKL take you down, if you have to cut it off..

savage1
09-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Wallstreet-I think I am going to dump mrkl later on today and accept the loss;what you sy in the long run is true;there will be hits along the way of course, but the only sure thing is that if you invest in each and every on of them, you will be in the soup line.
Wlsf is still going real strong;speaking of homeruns, by my standards anyways this qualifies as one and even more so since I have had between 15000 and 17000 shares when the rise started at .54.
Hope you are making money in you trading and longer term investments.

wallstreet
09-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Savage,

I think WLSF is definately a home run, and a fast one. Nice job..

You know what... this might shock you but I am going to say it anyway. In the past when I have done well on a trade, say the trade is one of 5 stocks I own. Well, it is not odd to carry a dog around, I have one now, my only position.. in the past when I have made a nice hit which overweighs my portfolio.. I have let a few doggies go at the same time. It doesnt hurt as much letting a woofer go when the portfolio looks good.

You might consider taking a little CLN off the table or another stock that has hurt your portfolio. Let it go and focus on going forward.

Just a thought, and WLSF is on the highs right now.

I likely wont be buying anything for a while, in fact I might short a stock or two. I think we are in for a nice retracement into mid/late Oct. Seeing 2 down days hasnt convinced me yet..

savage1
09-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Wallstreet-what you said make a lot of sense.
Cln is currently at .50.
If it goes down to around .45, I am going to sell some because I think it might go lower;you are right 30000 shares are too many shares to carry for a dead in the water stock.
Believe it or not, over the next several years, I am still high on this stock(well to go back over $1 for a start) and company.

wallstreet
09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Savage,

If that is how you feel, then you hold. That is a 15k move and if you think it is coming, then hold.

I dont see it, but since your position is so large and your basis is low, you might make out on it. I dont know the odds they go under either or never get back to even 50 cents. Lots of negativity could either spell opportunity or BK..

I will always keep my eye on it hoping for a big return!

Lastly, make a mental stop on MRKL, doesnt have to be right here, but make it and stick to it!

savage1
09-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Wallstreet-hold on a second;I think you misunderstood me.
I said I believe in the technology, but that if it dipped to .45, I would sell some, certainly not all.
Also, my basis in the company is quite high-a lot higher than the current price, not low as you seemed to think.
There are several folks on the Raging Bull chatline, esp. Tom Genna, who I regard as brilliant regarding what the company does and its prospects;that is reason I have held on.
Remember-a scant month ago wlse was at .54, about where cln is now-enough said.

wallstreet
09-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Savage,

I recall that information you gave regarding CLN.. and I have to say that buying off a recco of that Tom guy has been nothing but disaster. I remember we were talking about it when the stock was near 2 bucks and that Tom was saying much higher levels.

I think you have as much nohow as any of those guys do. You can read 10-Q reports, you can read news releases and see what their product is. Outside that, unless the guy is going to buy out ALL the common stock try and not let what one guy says on a certain stock in which he holds a position to mean so much. I know it isnt easy and I am sure the guy is sincere, but he isnt going to get the money back if you dont get to 2 bucks again. Maybe he holds until 2020 or somthing..who knows.

I have never made more $$$ in the market in my life than since I quit watching RB and yahoo boards all the time. I still go especially if somthing is happening to a stock I own and there isnt news to explain it. I go for that, but no longer do I buy based on what a guy on a chat board has to say. You never know if he has some reason to pump the stock or if he is in bed with the company. I doubt he is, but unless you know the person face to face you gotta discount what you read on those boards.

I am not sitting here saying I havent made mistakes trading..hell I make them all the time, but what I do is try and keep the trades as investments and not get so in the red that it becomes my life or more than what it is..an investment.

As for CLN..I think you might consider trading out of the position..pull up a chart and see how it is trading now, not 1 yr ago but 3 months ago..try and make your way out by selling on strength and buying on weakness..not holding for 1.50.

I gotta play tough on that stock, it has really hurt you and I cant allow that for a good guy like you.

Ok..gotta run to Home Depot, my kitchen sink is a joke to get undone!!!

savage1
09-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Wallstreet-I agree with a lot of what you say.
That being said, Tom Genna is not gospel, but he has a sound understanding of the company and the technology, some of which is beyond my comprehension and interest for that matter.
He is easily the most respected and knowledgeable poster re: cln.
I think company has a future and don't think Boston Scientific would get involved as it has if it did not.
My patience is wearing thin however, but as you well know when everyone sells and price goes down, sometimes this is precisely time when stock starts an upward move-eg wlsf.
I am watching it! Good luck with your plumbing.

savage1
09-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Wallstreet-Wouldn't you know it-the tv repair man comes here for about an hour and wlsf gets slaughtered in the meantime.
Talk about timing! I might have sold some if I had seen the decline.
Anyways, I am a little bit confused about the news, i.e. the stock split, today as being the date of record and why that in itself would make stock drop.
Your comments are welcome and what to do at this point, although for now the horse has already ledt the barn.
Thanks

wallstreet
09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Savage,

Date of record is a big deal, it means who owns it by that date get the sham of a split. What a joke that stock split is. It gives the company more colateral for selling more shares and is a reason to keep the stock price down. I dont like the idea and I think it smells really bad.

Stock went down to 1.85? Use that mental stop and live with it, especially with profits versus a sell stop on a loss.

If you have become "married" to this stock and dont want to sell, then you gotta deal with the ocean ride that comes with it. I dont think you have, but if that is the case, it is ok too.

UGHO took a nose dive..quite funny!

What would I do? I would calculate what I MUST have in profits on the trade..take those profits off the table at some point, let the rest ride with caution. Or, if you had a pure double on the table, take your BASIS off the trade, so if you put in a total of 12k (just round numbers here) sell what you need to cover your investment, the rest is gravy.

Let me know what you do, I am sitting pat..especially with oil so high, no real reason to buy stocks in front of earnings and high oil. It isnt easy though..I enjoy the action too..

savage1
09-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Wallstreet-as usual you make good sense.
Its funny-last night I had a feeling stock price was much too high for short run, but as you know did nothing.
The repair man was here, true, but I still had an opportunity and still do to save most of the profit.
If it breaks intraday low, I will probably sell some(I believe you said that).
I agree with your remarks about the stock split.

savage1
09-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Wallstreet-I am almost embarrassed to ask you because I should know the answer, but since it has been a longtime since I had a stock with a split, I have a question re: the 3-1 stock split and record date with wlsf.
The record date is today and stock goes ex-dividend on 10/6.
What advantage/disadvantage is to having the stock (as I do) at the end of trading as opposed to not owning it and buying it in the interim between tomorrow and 10/6 or after for that matter.
I am confused, and if you could cite an example, it would be helpful.
Thanks and sorry for my ignorance/forgetfullness.
ps comment on how this made stock tumble today if it is not too much bother.

wallstreet
09-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Savage,

Here is the press release today-

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040927/nym147_1.html

The date of record used to be a huge deal years ago, now it pretty much means nothing. In the past you had to own the stock before the date of record or you didnt get the stock split. Often times what happens is after the date of record but BEFORE the ex-date the stock will trade as if the split already happened. So for example, say you had DELL and it had a 2 for 1 split, say the stock was at 30 bucks for our example..well if the date of record was today, tomorrow the stock would trade at 15..and if the ex-div date was 5 days away, you dont get the shares until that point.

Now, companies do the date of record, ex-div date close to each other so it isnt an issue.

The drop..I cannot tell, they get pumped and dumped..that is what I see. Did you check out raging bull to see if there was any comments? Yahoo doesnt carry BB boards..

Wish I had better comments, but I feel worse you didnt get out when it crossed below 2. I hope you get another chance, maybe after the split the stock will go over that level.

It is 100X harder to sell than to buy..

Any other questions let me know..

savage1
09-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Wallstreet-You are not kidding;it is so hard to sell when you see a big profit and then start to see it evaporate.
There were not too many comments on the Raging Bull thread-pretty much speculatiion and a little confusion and disappointment.
If you had an average basis of .90 for the 15000 remaining shares I have for this stock and did nothing like I did today when it plummeted from 2.34 to 41.87, what would you do tomorrow morning-what stop loss would you use and would you sell all or what portion and.or would you wait until split goes through?
I need help here, and whatever answer you give. it will be logically and unemotionally thought out;I don't trust my own judgment here.
I want to have a nice profit;it is now at around 17 K (counting shares I traded) as opposed to 24 K coming into today.
Believe me, if you tell me to sell X number of shares and I do and it goes up from there, I am not going to hold you responsible.:D
ps I have a bad track record of selling too late whether it be a profit or limiting a loss.

wallstreet
09-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Savage,

We are the exact inverse. I always sell way way too early, usually missing upside potential. I get mad at myself, but I would take it over sitting on a loser. Dont take me wrong, I have losers all the time, but ever since I instigated a 20-25% buy per purchase (normally) I have done so much better than ever in the past. Now I average in and I average out..

Ok back to the issue at hand. I think the stock can go much lower..will it? We dont know and I sure dont..but what we can do and do know is how to place an order for a sell stop.

What at a MINNIMUM I would do is take that basis off the table..so take what you spent off the table on any strength..I hope you get strength to sell into...I hope you get strength and more and more and more.. but take what you have IN the trade out..for your sanity..if you ever get a nice gain like that you cannot ever get mad at yourself when you protect your original principal.

If you cannot be around then you gotta make that sell stop and pull up a 3 month chart-

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=WLSF.OB&t=3m

Look at the spike after Sept 13.. I wouldnt let it go below that...it breaks an uptrend and could lead back to support in the 1.30 area..

One thing that is scary...look at the volume..1.4 M and the stock dropped 21 percent..that means nearly all trading today was selling..

So do this..if you are feeling that pit in your stomach, sell your basis..we can talk in the morning about it..I am around after 10:30 EST or so..but if you want a level to sell more than your basis..use that spike as an exit..

Another thing..if the market goes lower, the speculative money leaves BB stocks quick..the extra money that the little guy uses to mess around...so if you sell now, I have to think you get chances at lower prices to get in again in the future..

If it were me and I had 17k on the table I would take half off..but I would have done that earlier and not seen the gains you have...so pick that sell stop and at least take 25% off the table.

See you in the morning and I hope it is a great open!!

savage1
09-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Wallstreet-Thanks for that great advice.
To tell you the truth, even before you answered, i was taking the 15000 and multilplied ir by .90(average basis)=13500.
I think that is roughly what I make take off the table (roughly 1/2 of my remaining shares or 7500).
Lets see how it opens;I may need you!
Thanks again for your always helpful advice.
ps I am not sure you can place a stop order other than a mental one on a stock of this nature.

savage1
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Wallstreet-Good morning.
I haven't done anything as stock is up, but am thinking of selling 5K shares.
How would you play this.
No stops or stop limits are permitted on this stock as you well know.
What would you use as a mental stop?
I am tempted to put order in to sell 5K of my 15000 shares at 2.00.
What do you think? Should I wait to see if it goes higher?
I would be very content to do that and let the other 10K ride.
I compromised;I just put in an order to sell 2500 shares at 2.00.
Lets see what happens;bid is 1.96/2.00.
I got it;now I will see what happens and sell another 2500 shares depending on what happens(commission is only 12.95-no big deal there).

wallstreet
09-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Savage,

I see they had some news today, not sure if that is why the pop, but I take it and it beats being down..

Tecnically it didnt break the uptrend as it reversed right near that spike we talked about last night. But as you are also aware, this is a BB stock, is manipulated and can go in either direction and we wont know why..so playing safe with 17k in tow isnt a bad idea..

Taking 5k shares off the table isnt a bad idea, I do like taking your basis off, at least that is mentally booking gains so to speak and if you take that off, having to take the rest in a hurry isnt as painful as if you sold none.

The market looks whooped to me. We may get some end of quarter buying in certain sectors, but with oil going trader ballistic again and facing tougher Q over Q numbers, it will be hard to go too much higher.

savage1
09-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Wallstreet-Thanks.
Profit is back up to around 20K with today's nice pop.
I am going to sell the other 2500 shares later.
I have a feeling with the election coming, the price of oio/gas is going to "mysteriously" drop right before the election to ensure Georgie gets re-elected;either that or Osama will be captured;kind of reminds me of pro wrestling if you get my drift.:red: :red: :red:

savage1
09-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Just sold another 1000 shares at 2.10-1500 more to go.
I just sold the remaining 1500 shares at 2.11-now I can relax and let the other 10000 shares(soon to be 30000 shares) ride.

wallstreet
09-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Smart...

Now you can breathe a little easier!

savage1
09-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Wallstreet-you are correct;although I still have 10000 shares left, I am happier that I sold 5000 shares at higher prices than the fact the price of stock has come down from its high;now I am in a position to trade if it retraces most of the move today;does that seem like a good idea?

wallstreet
09-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Savage,

For me to get back into a trade right after I sold, the value really has to be there. So if the stock went to 1.70 or so, that might be a short term trading opp, but compared to your overall basis, buying more at much higher prices does little to lock in your gains.

Now if you sold the entire lot, then wanted to trade, thats a different story. But you still have plenty and I would want a big drop to get back in..even a little buy.

Does that make sense?

wallstreet
09-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Savage,

I bot some ORBZ around 26 a share in after hours. Getting a 28 buck bid from Cendant all cash..

I can wait a few months for 2 bucks in a trade.

Bot 500 shares..no margin.

savage1
09-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Wallstreet-I agree.$1.70 is at about the level I might consider buying;much over that makes no sense as you say.
Good luck in your trade;it sure looks like a good move;I hope you get at least a few points out of it if not a lot more.

wallstreet
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Sold the ORBZ.

It ends up that the cash price is 27.50, I sold for 27.20 which is a nice return for 1 day in trading, I can leave the 30 cents on the table with the time premium.

savage1
09-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Wallstreet-congrats on nice trade!
Took a small shot with a (I shudder to say) gold stock-1000 shares of agfl. at 2.64. I am hoping the hype I received in newsletter yesterrday about getting 5 times your investment will push it at least a little higher.
If not, I am out at 2.44.
I bet anything by your standards it will look horrible.:red: :red: :red: (you are probably right).

wallstreet
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Savage,

You love those home run or strike out kinda plays, so you know what you are getting involved with there..lol

Most gold stocks at that price are speculative at best, but you know that..

If you did what I wanted you to do, then you would liquidate all those cheapies..never look at that or any hype sheet again, and start trading only listed securities..

But..you seem to have a knack at it, so I wont bust your chops too bad. Keep in mind that most who trade BB/PK lose it all..

ps..if any lingo in that release says that gold is going to 800..sell the stock and run away.

savage1
09-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Wallstreet-just got back from taking my daughter to the Big E(Eastern States Exposition);that is reason for no reply until now.
My new "stock" is up $.04-whoopee!.
Seriously, you as usual are right, and I simply trying to make a couple of hundred bucks or so(or not lose more than a couple of hundred).
Lets say what happens in next few days or so.
I hope I am in on the pump phases rather than the dump one.:D

wallstreet
10-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Savage,

You doing anything on the stock?

I cant say I would right here..no volume and a few days of drop in a row...

Let me know if you do somthing, I am always interested. Nice job selling some, good timing!

savage1
10-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Wallstreet-I am sitting tight for now.
You were right about that other POS I bought-agfl(only 1000 shares) Bought at 2.64, saw it rise to 2.88 or so today, and then collapse like a deck of cards to around $2.50 or so.
I can't find any news, but it appears the dump phase has set in;I am selling this today!

wallstreet
10-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Savage,

Sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately what these kind of guys do is build a position in a stock, get the news together, release it..take it up to a certain level that they can hype later..then sell into the saps who bought on the hype.

I am not saying that it happened this time, but it is a scheme that many do and only do on the PK and BB stocks..knowing if they did it on listed stocks, their a$$es would be fried by the NASD..lol

Keeping to that stop is a great idea, win or lose you are in the game.

I dont like seeing up days when I am totally flat, but in the next day or two I may even think of shorting a few things..not my usual forte..

Hope the games treated you well this weekend, they sure didnt for me.

savage1
10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Wallstreet-if I sell agfl, I lose about $160 or $170 after commissions-big deal.
Its funny(not really)-it all happened so fat;stock was up a few cents today. and then boom for no apparent reason, down she goes.
Re: games-I actually had a good week,BUT did lousy the week before-just winning back lost money;what else is new?:red:

savage1
10-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Just sold agfl at 2.68. I made $7 overall;stock rebounded from lows.
As George Carlin would say-F-ck manipulated stocks like that;who needs them?

savage1
10-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Wallstreet-check out all the horseshit which went on with agfl and tell me that that stock is NOT manipulated.
Down for no reason, and once they scared everyone away, right back up;someone cleaned up today!

wallstreet
10-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Savage,

You are right..and there is little we can do about it. They took it up, sold it off, bought it back all in the same day and on pathetic volume for the move it made. Swinging almost 1 buck total on 1.5 M shares is just a total joke. The swing I meant is to 2.90, to 2.40 and back to 2.80.

We both know it is a circus and the BEST we can do is hope to be on the right side when up and out when down. MM's can do just about whatever they want since the bar is so low when it comes to rules.

Good you made pizza money, and who knows if you might get back in later?

Want another joke? See that UGHO? Up 50 cents again today. Looks like it retraces to about 1.25 to 1.30..then back up..might be worth a swing trade if we see it happen again...

savage1
10-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Wallstreet-I forgot to mention that I did buy 1000 shares of ugho on Thursday and Friday at 1.73 and 1000 at 1.53 and sold them today at 1.65 and 1.85-slight profit-;another manipulated stock that if you wish to play, don't get too greedy.

savage1
10-06-2004, 09:32 AM
I bought back 2000 shares of wlsf at 1.90 at the close(last day before the 3-1 split goes into effect).

savage1
10-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Wallstreet-so far its been a good move to have bought back 2000 shares of wlsf at1.90(pre-split). It is now at .74(equals 2.22).
I am now holding 36000 shares of this stock, and to think it wasn't that long ago that it was at .54;I wish all my stocks had this kind of return!!
ps Actually it was 8/18 when I started this thread and remarked it had traded that day at .54.
Now if we can jist get cln moving a little more, I will be all set.
What do YOU have in the fire at the moment?

wallstreet
10-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Savage,

I have that stock on my list every day and am rooting for you!

As for me, I made a big list of utility and oil stocks I will be watching. I might buy an oil or two while I am flat...

I am really itching to short SIRI or IVAN or another stock..I think we are due for a prolonged drop and I would like to take advantage before earnings to get a few short.

As for longs, I have added a few candidates I would like-

IGT
AIRT

I hate being flat, but I think it is the right move...

savage1
10-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Wallstreet-don't you think the economic news will be good between now and the election will be good for obvious reasons(the pro wrestling syndrome?)-hence stocks go up?
I will really be curious as to the so-called news which comes out tomorrow at 8:30 AM.
To change the subject, my wife was raving about siri last night-how it might go to 410, blah, blah, blah-a sure sign that it is overvalued right NOW!!! :red: :red: :red:
I will take a look at the stocks you mentioned, as I have some spare cash now.

wallstreet
10-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Savage,

I think SIRI is overvalued by about a buck. Stern doesnt come on board until Jan 2006, that is quite some time before they will see a build in subs. Right now it is going up on hype and some short covering. There will be plenty of time to get this puppy lower if you want it.

Think of this..the market cap of SIRI is 5.07B, the market cap of XMSR is 5.8. Both are too high, but that isnt my point. You can purchase the following companies using the same market cap that SIRI has-

VTSS (604M)
HLIT (530M)
CHTR (810M)
KKD (810M)
RMBS (1.68B)
TINY (206M)
NGEN (146M)
MRVC (305M)
AIRT (77M)

That still leaves extra on the table. That doesnt mean some of these stocks have other debt that has to be dealt with or that to buy them would cost more. The point is that the market cap of SIRI is a joke. I dont care if the stock is 4 bucks, it is the total value of all shares that matters. 9 companies for the price of 1, that seems like a bargain to me. I would rather own every single one of these than SIRI.

Oh and about the general market..we have gone up quite a bit, earnings are here and I think the odds are highly with us that we go lower into the election, especially if there is a chance Kerry wins or that there is uncertainty. The market hates that..

edit) Keep LU on your list..I like it and on weakness into the 2's I will be buying for a move to the 4's!

savage1
10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks-I am going to tell my wife to check out the stocks you mentioned(I will of courxe check all of them myself).
I have been watching lu and sure as heck would NOT buy siri now.

savage1
10-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Wallstreet-My man.
Check out tmeg;i have owned this for a while and am behind, but notice it is gone up from .52 to a high of .77 today.
Also, what do you think of Ivan(The Terrible?); it also has been on the move today notwithstanding.

wallstreet
10-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Savage,

Funny you talk about IVAN..you know I have been watching it.

I dont trust the company..they are a PR machine. Lets see it on the balance sheet and income statment, then I will believe it. Until then it is another PR from the company.

Man did you see SIRI? Damn it I sat on another short opp..the sucker is tanking.

Not sure how long you have been in that TMEG or what your basis is, but you have waited this long and it sure has been ugly..see if you can squeeze some gains out, watch it and if the climb continues let it run..but you have to decide when to cut it loose..and not look back.

Speaking of looking back..damn I let WTSLA go for a loss and the thing has come back nicely..ughhhhh

Looks like we are starting the swoon I have been waiting for..hope we get a nice prolonged drop, let me get in some positions for a christmas rally..

savage1
10-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Wallsteet-If you recall, I and I believe you made money on Ivan a while back, and thats why I asked about it.
Re:Tmeg-I have 9000 shares and I would guess average is around .88 or so-no biggie.
Could it be anotrher wlsf? I believe I received this recommendation form "The Homerun" stocknewsletter folks.
If it drops down to around .65, I will probably sell some or all.
ps How about my Red sox-I think I told you I have been a diehard since 1952-no "Homerun" team here (as far as winning the big prize);perhaps this could be the year.

wallstreet
10-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Savage,

You are correct..I used to love IVAN and did make money on it. Since I last owned it I have done a bit of digging and I guess the company says things that arent 100% true, they fluff a little..and to me that doesnt cut it.

They are moving because the announcment regarding their oil exploration. I will wait to see it actually materialize. The stock could move nicely, but I just dont trust them enough. It wouldnt be a big risk though..

And I am rooting for the Sox..I like Schilling quite a bit and I dont care for the Yanks.

It will be tough to beat the Cards if they get to the WS though..or the momo of the Astros..

stoney
10-08-2004, 08:52 PM
keep your eyes on this one guys. has alot of potential with video on demand. been watching it for about 6 months and any little bit of big news either the shorts are covering(not sure if you can even short a stock this cheap?) or the market makers have to find shares. anyway it has alot of upside. I bought 2000 shares looking for the homerun. they could get bought out.

another less volitile play for the long run is xybr. wearable computers. let me know what you guys think.

savage1
10-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Wallstreet-what gives? It appears form your lack of posting everything is on hold, no?
I have been prettty much been staying pat.

wallstreet
10-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Savage,

That is correct. The market seems to be in a holding pattern the last week or two.

I havent done a thing, but I am mad at a few stocks I didnt trade..

ISON is a little rocket..will post if I buy some..

I have been sitting on the sidelines too, which includes posting after that Wiz issue.

Maybe there arent many who benefit from this area of the site or the time I spend to try and help..so maybe I will post less anyway.

But of course whenever you need assistance I am always here to help you.

Good luck and go Sox!

savage1
10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks Wallstreet- Belive it or not I owned ison last year briefly last year.
I don't know for sure without looking it up whether I made a profit or lost, but either way it was no big deal.
Maybe its time to jump back in.

wallstreet
10-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Savage,

They have some presentation on the 21st???

After that I imagine it will be a short term if not long term top.

It reminds me of UGHO..after that presentation date the stock has never been close to the high it hit.

Given that..if it retraced around that date a large amount I would consider getting in. I thought about it after hours yesterday at 4.20..lol

Nice lead for the Sox, I am rooting for you!

savage1
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Wallstreet-I checked it just a few days ago, and it was around $2.50, no? Wow!
Yeah, Sox off to a great start.
Check out in thennon-gambling section the thread entitled "Eerie, etc." It happened before damon's homer.

wallstreet
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Savage,

I saw that..I think they mentioned the double day on Fox..

I hope the Sox hang in. I have a feeling more runs are going to be scored given the depletion of both bullpens.

Funny thing..I was watching the Card game (I hate the Cards) and when the Houston closer went out, I had a strong feeling they were not going to win.

I hope the Cards lose..I dont like LaRussa..which is too bad because I lived in St.Louis about 10 yrs ago and really like the Cards..

And I have been trying to see what the next stock will be to move.. I really like AIRT..watch it. I know it is pricey, but its action is great and given a pullback to the low 20's I want to be in it.

My oils are finally starting to move up..I almost gave up on them..

Finally, it looks like the DOW is due for more pain, while the NAZ looks surprisingly strong..

savage1
10-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Wallstreet- Eerie-part 2(maybe coincidence is better).
You mention airt; I had a stock airm for many years which I sold several years ago, airm.
It is almost double at the price at which I sold it.
Since this is the Red Sox playing, I am far from confident in the outcome.
I have no preference in st. Louis/Houston except, well, it would be nice to see Clemens and Bagwell face the Sox if both teams get there.

wallstreet
10-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Savage,

Congrats to the Sox..I was very happy they won..what a great series!!

Here are a few other stocks we need to watch..

CHTR- gotta be close to a bottom IMO, but the market is taking her down so who knows where it stops. I would be willing to make a gamble at these levels.

STEM- shocking isnt it? If the Calif referrendum (Prop 71) gets passed (I think that is what they are calling it) and a facility is made for research, this stock could see 5 bucks quite easy, past highs were 15 in 1996 and 2000.

The stemcell play is only STEM in my view..ASTM has never and will not run the way STEM will..STEM is a gamble, if the vote doesnt go in Calif, the stock will dump..

MRVC looks great..lovely that I got bored of my 2.20 position and dumped for a small gain..

savage1
10-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Wallstreet-thanks. Thankfully I sold astm in May.
I am standing pat pretty much until now but watch your recommendations.
Now it is time for Sox to hopefully finish the job.

savage1
10-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Wallstreet-I see ison got to 6.41 before settling back a bit.
At what price would you buy it?

wallstreet
10-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Savage,

Looks like my analysis was correct. From what I read on yahoo boards, the presentation was a flop..done very unprofessionally and looked really poor.

I would buy this when/if it gets to the low 3's.

And you are correct..I looked to see if the high today was a "higher high" but it wasnt since 6.50 was the previous high.

Before you get in, I dont think there is a big rush..watch for PR dates and most importantly watch the volume..if the volume starts to drop dramatically over the next day or two, you and I are buying into a pit that might never come back. Volume is crucial as without the high volume the stock cannot move and the only people left holding the bag are patient shorts and unhappy longs.

I am also keeping my eye on KKD, but it keeps setting new lows.

I dont have the time, but I want to do a search for some listed stocks that have low floats..then find the industries they are in and try to find a handful which could make a dramatic move given proper timing. If Kerry wins we will have many opps for such action.

GL and go Houston!

savage1
10-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks as always Wallstreet for the insightful analysis, and I also am pulling for the Stros.
I think they had better get another run or two or they are going to lose.

savage1
10-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Wallstreet-I knwo this is a stretch, but from other threads it appears you have some kind of connections /insight re: tickets.
Any chance you know anyone who could get a diehard Sox fan of 52 years just a standing room ticket for a few hundred bucks or so(a game where Sox would be in a position to win would be great, but I would take anything at Fenway)?
As you see on other thread, I kidded about it, but I really would like to see a game but will NOT pay any price to see a game like others over there even though I could afford it.
I am seeking one mere standing room ticket without being fleeced;I know I am dreaming to think I could actually get a seat at price I want to pay.
ps sorry the Stros lost!

wallstreet
10-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Savage,

I just watch Ebay quite a bit and IMO Ebay is the cheapest place to find most things.

For example there is an auction ending in 3 hrs from this post that has 2 tickets going for 1300 bucks..it will go higher but still not to 2k or anything.

I think you will have to pony up or have a good connection who owns tickets or win a contest..lol

I will keep looking and if I see somthing good I will let you know too..

wallstreet
10-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Savage,

If I had Sox tickets, I would sell a game or two..it would pay for 5 years worth of tickets..lol

It is a big deal to people there and like that poster said about prices, they are only going up..

It might be wise to pay reasonable price early for decent seats..then try to sell them for more come closer to game time..

Sorry you cannot go..you could always sell 10000000 shares of stock and get some tickets!!

savage1
10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Wallstreet-No offense to anyone else, but as you know I am a Sox diehard and have been so for 52 years, but think anyone is crazy to pay this amount to see one game.
I could if I wanted pay thousands of dollars and see a game or two, and i wouldn't miss it, but will not do it in principle.
If it comes to game a possible deciding game for Sox at Fenway,Ii will do what I did in 1975-simply drive the 90 miles to get there and hang around the park all day looking for a "bargain" standing room ticket(I succeeded in 1975 and paid $40 to get in),
Obviously thats a dream price today, but I still think if I slip the right person several hundred dollars or so, it might be possible for me to get into the park especially when I give them a good speech as to why I should be allowed to see the game and not be robbed.
If I can't get in, I will watch it in a bar and still be there for the celebration should they win.
Sox have to ge tot this point first-easier said than done.

wallstreet
10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Savage,

Damn.. STEM up 60 cents today. It is early until the Prop vote, so this move tells me there is more to come.

I am going to start a position on weakness into the next few days..

wallstreet
10-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the repeat posts here..

If you want a higher priced stem stock, go for GERN..

But please avoid Astm.

:)

wallstreet
10-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Savage,

What gives with CLN?

50k shares traded today???

I am still rooting for you on that one.

No after hours trades for me yet..I need some action lower to step in.

savage1
10-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Wallstreet-No interest in cln now;no news and it looks like it is stuck in a range from high 40's to low 50's.
I don't know why(maybe boredom), but I bought a few thousand shares of mrkl at the close at .685 to average down the 2000 shares I presently own at higher prices.
It may go lower, but it looks to me a bit oversold. Comments?
ps I didn't buy any stem and will wait until/if it gets into the range you mentioned($.75).

wallstreet
10-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Savage,

I dont think we get that price today. It is too bad that I am not around that first market hour..I think it is possibly the best opportunity on the stock tomorrow. I have a feeling the odds are with us that the stock opens lower, then turns higher. I will let you know if I do anything. Right now it is at 4 not doing much.

I am kinda pissed at CHTR too..waiting 2 days cost me 50 cents on the stock. If it drifts down to 2.65 or so again I will start a position in it. Also kinda pissed I sold HLIT so cheap..stock 2 pts higher than I sold it.

As for MRKL..looks like you are in for a snooze unless you see some news coming. I wouldnt panic unless it dropped below that baseline of 50 cents or so. I cant say I like it though...

Another day or two like this and UGHO might be a play..

savage1
10-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Wallstreet- I think you are right about ugho.
Last time i bought and made a quick profit on this is when the bid and ask got into a very narrow band;it looked like it was ready to jump(or more appropriately be pumped/manipulated again), and sure enough it was.:red:

wallstreet
10-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Savage,

Looks like we have only a few days to earn you some Red Sox bucks..

I have done that a few times..take trading profits and had fun with them..

Maybe we can hit one or two this week and make your budget a little bigger.

STEM below 3.75..man this is tempting. I might bite if she gets below 3.70 soon here.

edit) placed a day order for 1/4 position at 3.65

savage1
10-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Wallstreet-I would rather they finish this series in St. Louis(actually I will be reasonably happy to just win one game there).
I think you are correct though;a few hundred or so trading / winning bucks might help to loosen me up a little should series return to Fenway and should I fail to negotiate my $300 deal for a standing room only ticket.
That Dime Guy had some great suggestions about waiting until game time to buy;supply and demand factors might be in my favor then, but then again who knows how many people have the same idea.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Savage,

Me too..I would rather they win quick..get it over with.

And on the stock tomorrow..sorry I cant be here really early but will post when/if I see an entry. If you are watching in the first hour and you see a big drop, it will likely be worth a shot since the conference is on Wed and the Prop vote isnt until next week..plenty of catalyst to get you some $$$$$

And good luck if you try and go to the game!

savage1
10-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Bought stem (only 1000 shares of 3.61). It was actually lower but couldn't get any shares as it moved quick.
Lets see what happens;hopefully you get your order filled and price goes up.
I might sell if it goes below $3.40 or so.
It has already headed lower;fcorget what I said. I am going to wait a while before panicking and selling. I am NOT going to buy any more just yet.

savage1
10-26-2004, 10:06 AM
I decided I am going to keep this for a while, as stock has great potential.
If I can hold on to crappy astm and lose, then I can sure as heck be patient here.
Obviously if stock really soared for no reason real fast, I might re-evaluate.
I didn't get the low price of the today ,but it is a heck of a lot lower than the high yesterday.
I am going to enter a day order to buy another 1000 shares at 2.90,which is 20% lower than my entry price.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Savage,

Good purchase..I just got in and will check it out, place an order and let you know what I do.

A few others that are moving...

DAL
EMRG

I placed an order at 3.35, let see what she does.

I think there is another day or two of higher prices for this stock, but we both know if that Prop 71 misses, it will be time to bail..

edit) I forgot to mention that we will know we have a winner if the latter part of the day that the stock goes to higher highs..

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Savage,

Got the 3.35 of course, my add would be in the 3.05-3.10 area..

I think my stop price is 2.80 ish..gotta let her go if it drops that far..not sure I will pull that trigger since I think there is a catalyst going forward this week..

savage1
10-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Wallstreet-I hope your trade is successful, and I am going to take your advice and change buy order on second thousand shares from 2.90 to betweem 3.05-3.10.
If stock goes to original 2.90, I think I will sell 1/2 (1000) shares if not all.
I don't like their earnings report released today, in addition to fact that for this stock do well, it would seem Kerry has to win, which is very iffy right now.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Savage,

I dont like seeing these lower lows..lets see if the last few hours sees the stock turn around. Normally seeing the action like this I would be quite pessimistic.

Trying to sell my HAL for a little gain..the stock has done very little since I bot it.

edit) Here is why the stock is still slumping-

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/041026/earns_stemcells_1.html

I didnt see they were reporting today, and I sure dont like that they are selling shares even though it is a private transaction.

savage1
10-26-2004, 12:47 PM
I just bought 1000 shares of stem at 3.11.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 12:49 PM
Savage,

We gotta see the trend reverse..and right now there are many more sellers than buyers..which is hopefully why we are getting great prices.

Just think..if Kerry wins we have a double on our hands!

savage1
10-26-2004, 12:57 PM
For now at least it appears I bought near bottom.
Someone on the chatline (raging bull) says stock could be a $200 stock someday(and the moon is made of cheese).

savage1
10-26-2004, 02:27 PM
It looks like stock is headed lower.
I may sell 1000 shares if it goes to 2.90.
I have bad luck with stocks like this.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Savage,

The way I see it is this.. what do I have to risk on the downside vs what the very near term upside is.. I think the downside is 1 pt max..likely less..but the upside is 3. If both "barrels" go (prop 71 and Kerry winning) the stock could see 10..not trying to be over enthusiastic but it is true. If one hits the stock should see 5, maybe 6.. if none hit, then I imagine it sees 2 again.

For that kind of ratio of risk/reward to me it is worth the chance. We also dont have to hold a month to find out. The pop will be immediate.

Let me know what you think!

Sold the HAL today...good riddance! (for a 1 pt profit)

savage1
10-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Wallstreet-you make sense; I think after watching Sox fail for so many years(this year hopefully is the exception) that I am programmed to believe that initially when I buy a stock, it will go down.
I may coattail you on this one and/or listen to your advice based on technicals, etc.
Remember I bought 1000 shares at 3.61(ugh) and 1000 shares at 3.11.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Savage,

I should have been here early to advise you..if we had looked at the news (it wasnt horrible, but not really bullish) than we would either have waited or waited for lower prices. Given that though I still think we have great potential on this stock.

And you arent alone on the doom/gloom feeling..I feel that way, epecially on the sell side..when I sell it is always when the move is like 10% over..lol

Watch HAL run to 40 in a week..

Also keep in mind that mania has different names today... MACE and a few others that are taking the $$$ today..so lets see what tomorrow and the rest of the week brings.

But I stick with the sell point...I didnt see it but should have bot at 3.05

I am ticked at DAL too....stock under 3 a week ago, now hunting 5..

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Savage,

Getting closer..

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=UGHO.OB&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=b&a=fs,r14&c=

Not low enough, but constricting Bollinger bands and RSI lowering, we are getting close to a buy entry...

edit) You watching Trump's company? DJTC- been on a big tear this week..

savage1
10-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Walstreet-Appreciate the commentary and "condolences"(hopefully not with stem).
We need a "fix" so that Kerry wins(and in my humble opinion for a lot more reasons other than the price of stem).
I am eyeing ugho;mr mrkl was up slightly today.

savage1
10-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Wallstreet-Here is the latest touted stock from the "Homerun Stock Alert." NSEO. It is being at a low projection of $6 to a high of $8.
I have received others in last few weeks but don't want to bore you with them.
I doubt I will buy it but wanted to pass it along.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Savage,

I dont mind you bringing those picks here, I imagine others would like to hear too..

What you could do is copy the message and if you want me to look into one specify and I will always be able to on any stock.

For how bad the stock seemed, we arent that bad off at all..and the upside potential is very good..

I wanted to short MACE, but didnt.

Go Sox!

savage1
10-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Wallstreet-give me a quick impression on that NESO if you get a chance.
Is it all smoke and mirrors like most of these stocks, or is there anything to look at?

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Savage,

Looks interesting..near its 52 week high.

Negative is they did a 1 for 10 RS last year..but I would take that over a split like WLSF did..lol

The chart looks great. Based on previous activity it should consolidate like after the run from 4 to 4.50 and 3.50 to 4.

I dont like seeing that the top managment are making 177k and 181k..

Here is a profile..
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=NESO.OB

Real quick on the Income Stmt- burning cash strongly, revenue choppy.

Balance sheet improved since they obviously either sold some shares or got some funding since Dec.. They have a huge negative retained earnings, meaning they have been carrying a TON of losses.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=NESO.OB&annual

But we know these things, that is why they are on the BB and arent alone..

Read this before you buy a share, the most recent 8-K filing.

Then once you have done that, make your mind up and live with the trade by not letting it turn into a bad trade..setting that stop after building a position and then not letting it go against you.

I wouldnt rush into the stock, if you decide to get in thinking it has more to run, buy in 1/4 pieces so if you make a mistake it isnt fatal..

savage1
10-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Wallstreet-Thanks for the great analysis.
Right now I am just hoping Sox hang on to make it 3-0.
Did you see my value on other thread-Something to Ponder?
Talk about value!
So far this game reminds me of a stock-virtually everyone was on St. Louis tonight;that means goe the other way.
What should we do in the market usually when everyone is buying or everyone is selling? Same thing as in who to have bet tonight.

wallstreet
10-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Savage,

I think Pedro was a dog because of his poor previous showings. If I were betting I would not have taken him myself.

You are right though, like the market it is wise to buy when selling is the strongest and sell on buying strength...using research and experience of course.

I dont think we see game 6.

One last thing....I am so happy Rolen is sucking a$$, he really pissed me off how he treated Philly so poorly. Couldnt happen to a worse player. Oh and I dont like the coach either..

Congrats! 3-0 looking good!

savage1
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Wallstreet- I still think Martinez should be favored slightly against Red Sox reject Suppan or at least a pick; no way he should be a dog.

wallstreet
10-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Savage,

Also add that Vegas thought St.Louis would get 1 win at least..first game being the best chance?

I almost made a trade today..on this dummy ZTEL stock..had it at .75 but thought it was hot air..now at a buck..lol

STEM doing better today..not sure your overall basis but you are hanging in I imagine?

edit) man I was too bearish on ISON..hit our target buy and now to 4 bucks..

savage1
10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Wallstreet-As stated in my mind there is no way a Future Hall of Famer should be an underdog to a historical grade C pitcher I don't care where game is being played.
RE; Look at stem. Now I am actually ahead with 1000 shares putchased at 3.66 and 1000 shares at 3.11(near low of the day).
Hope we both make a nice hit on this one;keep me advised, although I am not sure I want to trade this one;I might make it a core holding especially IF Kerry wins.

wallstreet
10-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Savage,

I wouldnt hold STEM as a core holding..I would sell the week that the elections were over if he won..you would get another chance down the road to buy again...

STEM looks good..it is the conference buying and overselling on that earnings yesterday..

I did buy some of that ZTEL, for .80 and looking for .05 on the trade..just a 5k share trade here..

Lowe had a great outing last time, I hope they close it out tonite..

wallstreet
10-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Out on the trade at .86

Not bad for 20 min...

savage1
10-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Wallstreet-Congrats. on the nice trade.
I don't want to get ahead of myself;if stem has a big move, I guess I would sell 1/2 of the shares(1000) or maybe all;lets just take it as they say (I hate this cliche) one (trading) day at a time,

wallstreet
10-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Savage,

I read around that Prop 71 should pass nicely..which is good for us. I personally dont think Kerry wins..but wow if both happened.

STEM slowing down, the conference begins in a bit..lets see if the stock runs after that.

I sold my KMG for a few hundred buck profit..I was mad cause it ran again, but oil tanked and now it is back to where it was again.

Gonna put in an order to buy CHTR at 2.70 for today.. (1/4 position)

savage1
10-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Wallstreet-Kerry will win ONLY if the new/young voters, most of whom who favor Kerry bigtime, turn out in droves.
I will say this: if Kerry wins, I think it could be the mirror image of 2000-in this case Bush wins popular vote and Kerry the Electoral College.
Now Go Sox and Stem!!!

wallstreet
10-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Savage,

I tossed in an order for 1500 UGHO at 1.15.. will see what happens.

Filled on CHTR too..

savage1
10-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Wallstreet-I am tempted to follow you on ugho.
I have to think;I do have mrkl. Do I want to expose myself to two companies in same industry?

savage1
10-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Wallstreet-it looks like you got your ugho since low was 1.14, no?
I may grab 1000 shares tomorrow at opening;it looks like downside isn't that great.

wallstreet
10-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Savage,

Didnt get it..that low was earlier in the day. Kinda glad I didnt, looks like tomorrow might be down in general..

STEM didnt close so well..but we have a few days, lets see if she can run..

savage1
10-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Wallstreet-in your opinion, if you believe in stem cell research, do you think that stem is as good as company as there is out there?
To tell you the truth, other than stem, astm and gern, I am not that familiar with all the other companies in this area of research.
Are there for examply any companies in this field with stock prices of 10, 20, 50+?
Sorry if this is a dumb question;I really don't know that much about this area, and the stocks I cited are the only ones I could think of.

wallstreet
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Savage,

That is all I could find too..but I imagine some of the larger bios and pharmas have their toes in the water too..but for just stem cell, those 2 are it..not ASTM..lol

I saw that ASTM raised $$$ on this bounce just like STEM did, the only problem is ASTM is still a buck and change..lol

Congrats on the big series win!!!

savage1
10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Wallstreet-thanks. Did you buy ugho and/or would you buy it now?
Here is another stock "tip" this time from First Alert Market Intelligence DBTC(diabetes breakthroughs).
After the last week or so with the Sox I could use a company/which can reduce blood pressure instantly.:red: :red: :red:

wallstreet
10-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Savage,

Of course I wasnt here for the open hour and I didnt see that 1.01 low if it even happened..so I didnt buy anything.

I will check into that stock for you but have to say not even looking that diabetes breakthrough doesnt sound that appealing of an investment to me. Of course I am skeptical from the outset on these "marketing madness" stock picks from the BBBBbbbbbb

STEM looks decent today..lets see if she can climb into the afternoon/close..would be a positive sign..but being UP on a position is a great plus too. I felt going in that this wouldnt be a big down purchase since we have a few really big catalysts going our way. I dont have enough shares though..I only have 1/4 position going..

wallstreet
10-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Savage.

Ok..just a quickie on this stock..

Last 5 days it has taken a 30% haircut on higher than average volume. The company also did a 5 for 1 split in June ..geez..

I also just hate companies that put out a press release every few days and it is of no value..makes me feel they have to pump themselves artificially rather than providing results and growing..then put out the press release.

This company has no assets..check out this 10Q report-

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040816/dbtc.ob10qsb.html

Company is another "shell" that changed their operations because they couldnt make it work doing wholesale golf equipment.

This company has only been doing this kind of stuff since August..

Please do yourself a huge favor and ignore this stock..if you want to get in, consider it a long term investment since the company just changed itself completely in the last few months and sold 15 million shares for .001 or somthing to raise cash..

It looks like a company that you and I could start..a two man operation..how about you and I start a company that cures cancer..then buyout a company that couldnt cut it on the OTCBB and make some $$$ selling shares after hiring a marketing company to pump our stock???

:red: :red: :red: :red: :red:

Just being sarcastic here..

savage1
10-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Wallstreet- Great idea lol!!!
To change the subject it sounds like the stock I cited if I buy it(I won't) should be viewed as it was in the eyes of broker I used long ago "an option to infinity."

wallstreet
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Savage,

I would prefer you take the $$$ and put it in DAL or CHTR or LU or somthing where you stand a chance..

We should have bot DAL yesterday..they got a bunch of consessions from the union today, it could keep them out of bankruptcy..and could mean much higher prices for the stock. I think if we get a higher oil day and a drop in DAL, I am going to buy some..

I also saw Trump stock down quite a bit..not sure why but it might be worth a few "C&E bucks"..

savage1
10-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Wallstreet-Its funny you mention chtr. Between my high speed internet connection and extensive tv package including hdtv, I give these guys between $120 and $130 monthly.
Now if everyone else did that, we would have a real winner here.

wallstreet
10-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Savage,

CHTR is like LU, literally floating in debt..and due to the debt service there is doubt they can generate cash flow to cover it and to generate some profits.

I only bot 500 on CHTR at 2.70, I will buy all the way down to 2.20 or whatever.. I know I will get 3 on the stock eventually and that is what I am looking for. I have made it up in my investment mind that my holding time is going to be short, my profits quick and try to be nimble. Its made me some great profits the last two years and I will keep the same strategy.

Also include STEM on that theory, I am not going to hold long term even when the prop 71 wins. See that I said WHEN..

lol

savage1
10-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Wallstreet-let me know when you sell stem;.I imay follow suit or sell at least 1/2(1000 out of 2000 shares).

savage1
10-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Wallstreet-I don't know what price of stem will be when you read this;right now it is at 3.78.
My question is having bought 1000 shares at 3.61 and 1000 shares at 3.11, do you think I should sell some now(assuming it is still 3.78), maybe half or should I wait?
I think I will wait now that it is down to 3.69 again.

wallstreet
10-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Savage,

I was thinking about this earlier today..before I came online.. The time to take profits to me is on Monday...it will be one day before the elections and there will be anticipation of the Prop 71 passing.. I think the stock goes higher on Monday. Tuesday unless both barrels hit I think the stock could go lower. Now that might mean that we are OUT and get back in..but I think the odds are the stock goes lower Tuesday..now I could be 100% wrong, that is why I think I will leave a little on the table for Tues just in case we get a double..but I will have taken profits on some too.

Do what makes you sleep better..your average basis is 3.40 or so (including comissions), that means you are up 600 bucks right now. If you are happy making 600 take it all off the table, or half of it.. I think you are doing great!!!

I am up but not nearly what you are..I didnt get a full position in..I should have but didnt..

savage1
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
I mist have missed it;the sucker actually hit 3.91 earlier. I know at that price I would have sold 1000 shares if not all.
ps Check out an "interesting" comp. play I just posted in the service thread.

wallstreet
10-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Savage,

Who is the RoosterMan??

:red: :red:

I am miffed.. I signed up with MVP and had to give a phone number..lucky I gave a cell number, I have never had more calls from scam dippers than since I signed up there. It is unreal. Now I ignore all calls that are unlisted, private or have some odd area code that I dont recognize.

I got killed in the first part of foots, this year has been awful in sports betting for me so I have been laying low so to speak lately.

STEM looking really decent today. Great volume and decent price action..lets see if she moves back to the highs before the close.

savage1
10-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Wallstreet- now check the sports service section for the ad Roosterman is running;it sounds like a fair deal to me. :D

savage1
10-29-2004, 12:16 PM
I just sold 1000 shares of stem at 3.81 and will keep the remaining 1000 shares;why get greedy?

wallstreet
10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Savage,

Nice sell..it is never wrong to sell a winning position.

Stock looks great...3.87 here..Higher highs would mean we see the 4's today or Monday..

And I will pass on the cock fights..

lol

Sounds like a Gaston ad..

:red: :red:

savage1
10-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Wallstreet- I just added to my ad for RoosterSports to accommodate Knowlez if you rememeber who he is.

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Savage,

STEM looks good this morning..

I am trying to sell at 4.20, to buy back later in the day.

Even at 3.60 you are looking good..

savage1
11-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Wallstreet-Good morning.
Thanks for the headsup on stem;I may follow you and sell remain shares and try to buy back.
ps I don't ususally see you posting this early.

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Savage,

PHX is in MST now...

lol

Looking at ISON, AAII,DAL,DCLK

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 10:29 AM
OUT

looks great..maybe I regret the trade?

:)

savage1
11-01-2004, 10:40 AM
I just sold mine at 4.15 and am very happy with nice profit I made on the 2000 shares I owned.
Thanks a lot Wallstreet for that pick; stock may go higher but will coattail you as to when/if to get back in.

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Savage,

Check out AAII

On the move, down from much higher prices..

I should have bot when I first posted it.

Have a 1/4 order in at 3.85

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Savage,

Check out TZOO..up 14 bucks...geez.

I see no news, but I imagine somthing to come that is big, maybe a stock split (very low float on this stock)

I know it is 80 bucks, but if they announce a split I think it goes to 100..

Will advise if I make a buy

savage1
11-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Wallstreet-thanks I will check both out.
I was out and upon returning home, the first thing I saw in my mailbox was the Tucker Banks Newsletter called Outstanding Profits. with big headlines stating THE Gold Stock That Could Make You 500% Richer In The Next 31 Days, but you must act immediately.
Symbol is agfl (a gold stock-I owned 1000 shares of this stock for 5 days beginning at end of Sept. and made $7 after commissions:red: :red: :red: ).

savage1
11-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Wallstreet-I don't get the joke or relationship phx/ mst.

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Savage,

Sorry about the abreviations..

AZ is now in the Mountain Time Zone.. MST is the abreviation..we were in the PST which meant unless I got up way early (and in most cases I am unable to be at the computer that early) I miss the first hour. But now I get the first hour in most cases.

I dont know about STEM..I might buy in another 1/4 position, she isnt going down. It might see 5 tomorrow. I hear that Prop 71 is looking good, so even if Kerry loses (which is going to happen since Wayne Root was on CNBC and said so..lol) the stock can still go higher.

If I rebuy STEM I will definately tell you, key is 4..if she breaks 4 I think it sees 3.80 or so...but it looks strong on big volume..

savage1
11-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Wallstreet-I thought you were recommending phx, which is a stock.
There is no company for mst;now you know why I asked. Dumb me! :D

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Savage,

She is kicking it into gear. I might have to pay more than I sold it for..

I think it is worth the risk to stop at 4..meaning buy around here and putting in the stop at 4, live with the loss but let it maybe run to 5 or more?

edit) order to buy 1k at 4.25 in..stop will be put at 4 bucks.

savage1
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Just bought back 1000 shares at 4.27.
I don't normally buy back on the same day I sell but with a nice profit on the other shares I am willing to take a chance.
Will put stop in at $4.00 as you advised.

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Savage,

Good luck to us. I feel it is a reasonable bet, the stock held up great all day and tomorrow wont kill it..if anything Wed will be the day to be concerned.

I am in at 4.25, my stop is set at 4 and it is a STOP LIMIT order..meaning the stop is triggered at 4 and is a limit order of 4 versus a market order.

Questions let me know.

savage1
11-01-2004, 05:24 PM
If I read your order right, it means you have to get at least $4.00 even if it gaps downward from some point to below $4. Am I correct?

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Savage,

That is correct. There are 2 parts to a stop order, the trigger and the sale price.

The trigger is when the stock penetrates the price lower..so if my stop is set at 4, it is when the price hits 4. Now the second part is the sale price or type. Most set a stop as a stop/market order where once the trigger is hit, the order turns into a market sell. Unless I think the stock is going to cascade lower I will set a stop as a stop/limit where I put the sale price at a certain price..so in this case my order is:

Stop 4 Limit 4

That can mean if the trigger is hit and the stock blows through 4 and goes lower fast that I do NOT get a sale..but in my experience the risk is worth it and I prefer to roll the dice rather than EVER give the market maker my order to do with what they want.

I never ever ever ever use market orders..bad experiences with them both as a customer and as a broker..

After hours has been odd..ran to 4.40 then to 4.20..

Funny..too bad no game 6, you had the $$$$ for great seats!

wallstreet
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Savage,

I guess CNN had a piece saying that Prop 71 will easily pass..

Thus the move late here to 4.45 or so..

Should have a nice open in the AM!

savage1
11-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Lets hope for stem and Kerry tomorrow, and yes with the money made from stem, I might have paid up to $400 to get in to game 6 had there been one.

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Savage,

I missed the early move on the stock..

Put in an order to sell at 4.62, no need to get greedy for me and it would make for a nice profit..

Also looking to sell the AAII for a little profit. I just dont want to hold going into tomorrow.

Looks good though..very good for a small trade.

savage1
11-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I am going to follow you again and put my sell order in at around your price.

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
horrible!

I get the stock up on my screen and it has done nothing but go down ever since..

I might change my order, but will let you know if I do..

savage1
11-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Perhaps we should add at lower prices rather than sell? Just a thought.
Cln and wlsf, my largest holdings, are having mini rallies today.

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Savage,

I saw that on WLSF...nice going!!

Man my sell orders were the plague as both stocks have done nothing but gone straight down..yucck..

Lots of selling pressure on Level II for STEM..doesnt look so good from a traders perspective..hitting LOD after LOD now..

I hate turning a winner into a loser but I will stick to the 4 as a sell point from yesterday..

savage1
11-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Wallstreet-thus can I assume that under no conditions you would be thinking of adding to stem if price goes low enough or more rightfully if it holds a certain level?
Holy shit-I am not out, and price is $3.79.

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Savage,

They are murdering the stock..

I put in an order to buy more since I didnt even get the chance to change my order to a sell stop..

geez

order was at 3.70 but it was only there for 30 seconds..

I might get it though, the stock is swooning again.

savage1
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
I bought 1000 at 3.83 just now-that means it will go lower for sure.
Do you think drop is technical in nature or maybe that folks think Bush is winning?

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Savage,

Your buy looks good..

I think it is purely technical as the stock has been overbought for quite some time as we know. And a few people wanted either to get in lower or to scare the shit out of longs..it did just that.

I was looking around on my screen and many over bought stocks took it in the chops right here..quite a few.

Back to 4, nice pickup!!!

It is actually better that we saw this horrible drop now, it gives the chance for a return in price.

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 12:04 PM
It ticks me off though..profit in hand and another chance to buy in..

I got a bit greedy wanting that price..

savage1
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Wallstreet-my philospophy is if you want to get in to a stock, don't try to milk out the last cent.
Get this-my order was in this case a market order (very rare for me) when stock was above 3.90 and I actually got it at a lower price.
It comes down to temperamanet and philosophy, and as stated it is very rare for me to buy a stock like this;I just think it was undervalued, and I detected panic selling.
Who knows-stock might go under $3;then trade won't look so good .

wallstreet
11-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Savage,

I know when your order was filled...the stock was all over the place on Level II when you got the fill.

Seeing any stock get rocked 15% in 4 minutes is crazy..

And I have to be honest and say that I think there is a higher chance we go lower than not..since the huge move and people selling on the news it is just experience telling me that.

One upside of this stock is you have the volume so we can trade in and out of it with no problem..

savage1
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Walltreet-You know a lot more about this stuff than I, and I am sure in the long rule what I did was gambling(and that you approach is better) because it could have gone much lower;in actuality it did hit $3.66; I wasn't using level 2 at the time and am not sure how my order was filled in relation to the 3.66 price(i.e. if my order was filled after it bounced off 3.66 or on the way down).
My pitiful results in cln show that bottom fishing can be a disaster.