PDA

View Full Version : BC. It is sad to say

Buzz
05-28-2004, 08:42 PM
but this place is out of control. <br />
<br />
Anything that can be done to bring some order to the sports service thread? Can you shut the area down and pre approve a service before they can post? How about...

wizardofoddz
05-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I have noticed some good services on this site,CONSENSUS USA being one of them. I gave them a complement for showing their record on an on going post.
My point is the scum has to be chased off before they take advantage of the rookies starting out.
I will be the first to admit I was taken by a service with the same tactics that are posted here. If I can save one person from being sucked in, I feel I have accomplished something.
In my opinion, East Coast is a scam and I will do what I have to, too show people that he is a scam...
Best Of Luck To You

GermanBettor
05-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Buzz' idea sounds good... It seems like a lot of "services" are really just out to skim money out of people.
It's not fun anylonger, it was in the beginning, but now it is really on the edge to anarchy!

By the way, Wiz:
*grin* I agree with you about East Coast...this whole thing is phony, it smells 'til Germany!

;)

cb40
05-29-2004, 03:55 AM
This service is a joke I have used them amd they LOST me money and sensistive as they say they are, they continue to use foul language. They play the same games as another service who is on the opposite side so many times. Could they be the same service I don't have the time to worry about this but I can tell you no money was exchanged between TY and EC and this is a FACT. These services should look at going in to another business like garbage disposal because that is what they give!!

BettorsChat
05-29-2004, 04:07 AM
Starting soon all services will be required to link back to this site on their homepage in order to post. This site gets the most views for sports services that sell plays.

I'm also getting tired of all this bitching that this contest brought on. Had I been able to think this over again everything would have been presented to me first instead of me taking a back seat. Meaning I did not even gett involved nor know if this was real or not.

JCDSPORTS
05-29-2004, 04:56 AM
JCDSPORTS is not scared. Make all services be monitored and link back to your sie. WE PAY Trackpicks and Gurutracker to watch us FOR THE PUBLIC.
We, nor they, have any allegiance to anyone except the public. We pay monitors to watch us FOR YOU.
This crap that goes on the forum is getting out of control. JCDSPORTS will do whatever you deem necessary to get everyone to chill out. Pleas email us has we would like to discuss a few things with you.
Thanks
Dave
JCDSPORTS

InsiderEdge
05-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Couldn't agree more. This challenge, fake or not, really brought out a lot of animosity but did show some true colors at the same time.

Making services link back to their site is a great idea, as it will get all of the 'hotmail' fly by night wannabes out the door.

Think about having services show they are documented by a legitimate third party monitor as well. There are a ton out there and ALL are legit despite what some people think. I've heard services don't use them because they think they are shady and get paid to boost records. When I say they are all LEGIT, I mean they are there to document YOUR record, don't worry about how everybody else is doing. As long as they are recording your plays correctly, that is all that matters. This excuse though takes the cake: "We are not monitored officially by anyone due to the fact that we have not found a place we like". Whatever.

savage1
05-29-2004, 10:38 AM
All I can say is that if you don't believe the integrity of the contest such as the one we just had between ECoast and Ty Gaston, then simply look at the results and forget the money, i.e. whether $1000000 was or was not involved.
This was a contest/challenge about seeing who could do better over 10 days.
Even though I don't view the results as indicative of how either service would do over a longer period of time because of the few number of games selected, it is better than nothing.
Sure the $1000000 whether it is real or not was meant to give the contest some authenticity and show that the participants were really trying to win;for that reason whether it was real money or fake money I will regard the results as indicative that each participant put out their best olay during the 10 days.
As stated yesterday I don't think that most of the people who read all the posts and checked the daily picks of ther participants would be more or less tempted to buy the picks whether there was $100000 or no money involved;even if East Coast or Ty went 10-0, I wonder how many folks would line up to buy the picks;Like is the case with everyone else, it wouldn't be too hard for everyone who is interested to "pool" their money for a month, once person get the picks of East Coast or Ty and then post them for the world to see in the service request;thus I think it a bit naive to think that anyone here or the services themselves were expecting to derive hundreds of new customers from the results of the contest.
Personally I would like to see a two week contest between East Coast and the ******* with all plays posted (not just one a day) with the token "prize" being at most what EastCoast and the moderator would be costing him(ECoast) in terms of money he would be receiving from paying customers;it doesn't apply to Wiz as I don't believe he is a service at this time;as it appears that both of these folks by their statements have plenty of money, then simply have the contest to prove how good you are, and forget the money for the most part;we are taking handicapping ability, pride and ego here anyways rather than money.
With rules such as mine we would find out something at and wouldn't have to worry about the authenticity of huge and alleged amounts of money involved.
JMHO
ps I would also have games rated from say one to three or at the most fice stars with juice figured in unlike the last contest and based on $100 a star.
The whole point of a contest is to see if a service can wsin you money, and without juice and only one pick a day for 10 days, the results prove nothing.

BettorsChat
05-29-2004, 10:59 AM
savage1,

If the money was a farce then both handicappers lose credibility, because they both gave their word on a contest over $100k. It would be called lying and how can you trust a service or person that would like about $100k??

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BettorsChat
savage1,

If the money was a farce then both handicappers lose credibility, because they both gave their word on a contest over $100k. It would be called lying and how can you trust a service or person that would like about $100k??

Well said and my point exactly!

savage1
05-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Bettorschat,
The whole point of my post was to improve it for the next challenge and not the one just completed.
Since most of the animosity seems to between Wiz and ECoast, then let them settle the issue of who is better(at least for 2 weeks) by showing all their stuff with units and how they would do with real money;thats all anyone cares about anyways.
As a side issue, aside from own personal views as to the integrity of the last contest(personally I think it is about a 50-50 proposition whether $100000K was involved, and from my perspective, the money wasn't that important anyways-I was more interested to see what the services could do under the rules). I saw no definitive evidence that would convince a judge and/or jury that there was NOT $1000000 involved and also to prove that Nut and ECoast are one in the same person.
Lots of shouting and name calling and hearsay but very little in the way of actual evidence.

BettorsChat
05-29-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm trying to get proof and can't.

Ty finally gets back to me and is cursing about it. Saying they got paid ask them and what do you want me to do take a picture of the money.

There won't be a second contest on here involving money been 2 parties as it's illegal and I had no part in the first one which has caused nothing, but a shit storm. I should have made both of them give me proof before the thing started, but I wasn't involved in it at all so that was my mistake.

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
savage i really can't believe that someone like you who has been around for awhile thinks nothing of a $100,000 lie. It really shocks me how 2 business' can grab such attention to get into the spotlight with such a large wager, and you don't see massive deception here. Isn't that what the biggest problem is with service's you have talked badly about in the past. This contest would not have grabbed nearly the attention if they didn't throw the $100,000 tag on it. How do you not see that it was part of the whole plan to get the attention? All this questioning from BC and no. 1, ty won't respond to him and no. 2, east coast with all the doubts and people's dwindling faith won't save face and just prove it and he are legit with this. If he was truly honorable with his service he would simply end it and step up to the plate, PERIOD! This crap about his buddy being gone is total BS cause you can get a bank statement in a heartbeat if you walk in and ask. This is the 1st time that i truly can't believe a pick to you (which is something my own son could post) means more to you than respect,integrity, and truthfulness. Say it isn't so. :confused:

savage1
05-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Bettorschat-even if you do or do not get proof, it is not going to change the results of the contest.
ECoast made a comeback and won the contest even though as stated I thought rules from the outset were too limited(one play a day for a measly 10 days);most services exaggerate.
I personally laugh at the idiots at the Big Green Machine when I see their cappers bragging about being up 150 million stars of units;you have to read between the lines;if your star rated systems revolve around $50 and $100 million star plays, then of clourse at some point you can be up 150 million stars.
Its the actual record that counts with real units, and that is what I go by, not the hype.
Even though the challenge was different and the integirty of the $100000 was questioned, the real issue is who won and ny how much;that is what was documented and that is what counts in at least my eyes if I were to consider using a service.
As stated the in my opinion any future challenges should diminish the money aspect and emphasize getting at the abilities and winning percentages of the cappers in the competition.
I think everyone is making a lot about nothing;the actual documented results are what count.
ps I wonder if anyone who has read the the threads and posts and the contest is actually envious and/or jealous because someone may have in fact won $100000;this is a thought and not an accusation.

savage1
05-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Wayne-one question:
Do YOU personally believe that Ty and ECoast thought that if they said $100000 was involved(when there was no money involved), that their thinking was that aside from drawing a lot of attention, that it would bring the winner a lot more new customers-Yes or no.

Ty Gaston
05-29-2004, 11:42 AM
I responded to Monte with his request for proof. Me and Angelo met on Friday and they were paid, ask East Coast, does anyone else here have to prove how much money they have to be on the site, this is bullshit, they got thier money I dont welch on a bet. THEY WERE paid period.

And one question, if gambling is illegal and people cant place a bet between themselves why the hell is thier this site? We did nothing illegal

MONTE and whomever, we made our wager in LAS VEGAS, gambling is 100% legal in Nevada, how was our wager Illegal? All we did was post the games here, we wagered in Las Vegas at the parking lot of Wells Fargo and deposited our money, what the hell is illegal about that? ABsolutely nothing

Final word: east Coast got paid!

Ty Gaston

BettorsChat
05-29-2004, 11:43 AM
"Its the actual record that counts with real units, and that is what I go by, not the hype.
Even though the challenge was different and the integirty of the $100000 was questioned, the real issue is who won and ny how much;that is what was documented and that is what counts in at least my eyes if I were to consider using a service."

So savage you would use either of these services even if they lied about the money part? Don't you think if they lied about the money then you should be hard pressed to believe them when it comes to other things?

Buzz
05-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Most of you guys are all missing the point. My point was not specifically about the contest. It is about ways to clean the forum up, get rid of the fly by night services that just clutter the board and make false claims, start arguments etc. If a service wants to post here hold them accountable for their actions and claims if they want to continue to post. It is a compliment to BC that services want to post here but I just felt it is time to clean house or redifine some rules.

Buzz

BettorsChat
05-29-2004, 11:48 AM
TY,

Just prove it then and quit giving excuses.

wizardofoddz
05-29-2004, 11:53 AM
There will be NO challange....
For one, that is not what this forum is for, for two, I wouldn't waste my time now that I really see the truth....

savage, results of the contest.?????
The contest was bullshit just like the money.......
It all was a scam.......
For 1, to be forced to pick a play everyday in it's self is a bunch of bullshit...
Anyone that has a code scumbag, or a 10* game every day is full of shit, be real.....
This was all a SCAM

savage1
05-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Lets put it this way-I thought Bill Clinton should have remained president even though he lied about his affair with Monica;I don't want to get into politics but I am trying to make a point as to how I perceive things.
In short it is the documented results which count in life, and in this case at least over the short run we saw what two services could do.
If the contest between ECoast and Ty went on for two weeks and under conditions and terms I felt fair( actual two weeks with all picks rated by say 1-5 units), and one did extremely well, the $100000 would have no relevance.
If I was impressed and knew the plays would not available for nothing at bettorschat and wanted a service, sure I would try them out.
Lets face it gambling is illegal to begin with except in Las Vegas and all of us are breaking or testing the law with our offshores or certainly betting with locals;that is the nature of the beast.
Thus, in some ways the term "honesty" loses some of its meaning because of the nature of this industry.
I am not promoting lying;I am just saying the term has to be tempered a bit in the context of gambling.

wizardofoddz
05-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Ty Gaston
I responded to Monte with his request for proof. Me and Angelo met on Friday and they were paid, ask East Coast, does anyone else here have to prove how much money they have to be on the site, this is bullshit, they got thier money I dont welch on a bet. THEY WERE paid period.

And one question, if gambling is illegal and people cant place a bet between themselves why the hell is thier this site? We did nothing illegal

MONTE and whomever, we made our wager in LAS VEGAS, gambling is 100% legal in Nevada, how was our wager Illegal? All we did was post the games here, we wagered in Las Vegas at the parking lot of Wells Fargo and deposited our money, what the hell is illegal about that? ABsolutely nothing

Ty Gaston
WOW that was a fast edit Ty, you first stated it was cash, the you stated it was deposited, you were quick to get the cash part out of your post before it showed you edited it....
You both can post your deposit slips.......hahahahahahahaha

SCAM

wizardofoddz
05-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Funny thing is, East Coast switched his story and said it was cash :red: :red: :red:

Ty is still sticking to the Wells Fargo story

SCAM

knockonwood
05-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Really is none of my business!!! I never believed they had a $100,000 Bet and if I did, I wouldn't want everyone to know about it but that's me!!! As far as picking 10 games, you can't judge a thing...

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by savage1
Wayne-one question:
Do YOU personally believe that Ty and ECoast thought that if they said $100000 was involved(when there was no money involved), that their thinking was that aside from drawing a lot of attention, that it would bring the winner a lot more new customers-Yes or no.

ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!

YES!

savage1
05-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Wayne-I respect your opinion, but I think both services realize that it wouldn't bring any more (if any) than a few customers, because as we(they)all know, someone would get the &quot;hot&quot; picks and post...

FastBreak
05-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ty Gaston

Ty Gaston

If you notice TY GASBAG never mentions a dollar amount....

He rambles on about the legality of gambling and mentions EAST COAST was paid...
PAID WHAT ?????Free PR at BC and most other bettors sites......

East Coast and Ty Gasbag
are just blips on the radar screen when it comes to requested services.
They are both 4th tier services with no demand.

But that doesn't eliminate the fact that both TY and EC are BOTH LIARS and FRAUDS.

FRAUDS!!!!!!!
OUT.

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 02:00 PM
savage my point is this. If it was not true (the money) and you say ty is not at all credible than how is east coast when that means they were in bed together to set this up? I'm sorry i respect you too but i really don't get your thinking on this.

wizardofoddz
05-29-2004, 02:13 PM
The whole thing was, no one was supposed to question if it were for real......

It was a scam to drum up business, period.
The dollar amount was to draw more attention, period.
How long ago did I challenge Ty?
He blew me off like it was never said...
Then out of the blue, Ty accepts EC to a challenge???
COME-ON, open your eyes !!
It was all marketing, who in their right mind would pick a game a day, all for 1 unit and put up 100k?????
Will you please wake up!!!!!!!!!!!
I seen this coming a mile away, that is why the very first post I asked for proof..
Maybe if it were set up total units won at the end of 2 weeks, I might have believed them..
A good capper can go 4-6, 3-7 and win units..
WAKE UP !!!!
One other thing savage, does a man's word mean nothing to you????

East Coast (aka Baseball_nut) and Ty Gasbag tried to SCAM and deceive this forum, PERIOD!!!!!

savage1
05-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Wayne-my only point is that perhaps I approached this whole thing from a one sided and selfish point of view. <br />
I admit I like good picks(ane even more so if they are good), and if they make sense to...

savage1
05-29-2004, 02:26 PM
ps I have the highest regard for all of you like Wayne, Wiz and everyone else who disagree with me;perhaps I am oversimplifying it or using too much logic;that is simply my opinion, and again I don't scoff at folks who disagree.
I was not a fly on the wall when the meeting/phonecall between the two took place.

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 02:26 PM
savage they were in bed together to do this. Why can't you see that? It doesn't matter how much their service cost, the point is simply that they were trying to get more. I also don't see all the zebras and cripplers listed before they start anywhere here so to suggest something that has not happened doesn't make alot of sense to me.

We will have to agree to disagree but picks are not everything when a reputation is involved cause 100 people here give them EVERYDAY!

savage1
05-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Wayne-no matter what, I think each wanted to win;they weren't trying to lose to one another;thus "being in bed together" loses some of its meaning.
Again, its all perspective, and I am not sure that that is a debateable issue.

savage1
05-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Wayne and/or Wiz,
To put the shoe on the other foot, what do you think went on in the phone call between Ty and ECost?
My opinion as to what YOU guys thing(NOT me) is that there was no challenge money involved, that each would try to win the contest, and that if either person got any new customers in the first week or two after the contest, that the two services would split the amount of money received.
Am I way off in my thinking or do you view it in the manner I described?
If you disagree, then please state your opinion of what the two services talked about and agreed upon unknow to the rest of us.

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 02:53 PM
I think they talked about the whole scheme with the money as an eye candy attention grabber. I truly believe the whole thing was a scam and talked about that way from the start of their phone conversation. I don't think at any time did they have another plan but the BS scheme they used.

savage1
05-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Wayne-can I infer from that you think they agreed to would splitt any proceeds from new customers derived because or that they didn't bother with that,ie,each was just thinking of themselves and that was no oral agreement to split any money if either did really well in the contest?

wayne1218
05-29-2004, 03:01 PM
They were just thinking of themself. They figured anything gained would just be a bonus considering all the free advertising they received here during the contest. I also believe it totally backfired caused neither of them thought they would do as bad as they did.

wizardofoddz
05-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Split the money?????
No way...
These are 2 greedy people, they were both in it for themselves and the free publicity.
Had everything to gain, nothing to lose
Wayne pretty much hits the nail on the head

mvpwins
05-29-2004, 03:23 PM
BC,

Good idea BC about having a link back to here. MVP WINS already has a link to this forum on our HOME PAGE, and we have had it there for about 3 - 4 weeks now and it will remain there as long as we post in this forum. No one asked us to put it there, but it was the least we could do because we value this forum and what it means to everyone.

Check out our Bettors Chat BANNER/LINK 3/4 the way down our main page (www.mvpwins.com)

Thanks,

Rob

MVP WINS

savage1
05-29-2004, 03:25 PM
So then you believe that each thought that they would get a lot more business if they did well?
If you say yes, then because of the reasons I cited earlier I would disagree.
I would say this in the same way I would say that sometimes NBA players(Lakers) try to rig the pointspread(I think you disagree with me):
Anyways, most of us who gamble want to make money, BUT most gamblers also like the thrill of winning.
Thus, I will grant that it is possible that several sports services could conspire(I didn't say here-am only talking about a possibility) would hold a mock challenge only because they knew they were trying to deceive others and thus somehow derive some kind of thrill out of doing it(i.e.pulling the wool over the eyes) even if they did NOT get any new customers out of it(I think some NBA players do the same-try to control pointspread and/or over under-not for the money but because they know people are winning or losing their bets based in what they(the players) do in the last few minutes of the game.
Above obviously is just a theory, and again is not my thinking in what happened in this particular contest.

Buzz
05-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Wow, three pages of post and the issue I brought up still has not been addressed much.

Buzz

hazsupport
05-29-2004, 04:07 PM
It's just too sad to talk about!!!!!! hc

BigMike
05-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Don't expect it to be Buzz. This has gone on for weeks now. That stupid contest did nothing but cause trouble!!

Buzz
05-29-2004, 04:26 PM
I think your right Big Mike. I will just go back to minding my own business

Buzz

BettorsChat
05-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Buzz
Wow, three pages of post and the issue I brought up still has not been addressed much.

Buzz

Buzz,

Shoot me an e-mail at bettorstalk@aol.com with what it is that you want to discuss.

golfguru
05-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Man what a waste of time everyone is spending on useless stuff. Let's get back to what this board is about, Picking winners and helping everyone out. All it seems to be lately is bashing on services. We are not going to play there shit anyway so why waste so much time fucking with them. Let's spend this wasted time picking winners and not wasting the board for this bullshit..Just my opinion. It is becoming a pain to come and see bashing every post the last 2 weeks. Its done with.

OVER...
LET IT GO.

savage1
05-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Maybe there should be a $100000 Bashing Challenge to see who can bash ECoast and Ty Gaston the most number of times in a 10 day period.
Obviously, I am being sarcastic, but don't some of you think this is piling on and overdoing it?
I for one would be very much surprised if any one who reads this thread on a regular basis is going to base his decision on whether or not to use Ty Gaston or EastCoast as a service based on the number of bashes.
Obviously for the most part there is freedom of speech on this forum, but really I agree with golfguru and Buzz that this subject has been exhausted.
I don't believe anyone is going to change anyone else's mind any more;unless there is a judge, jury and trial no one is ever going to know for sure whether the $100000 was bogus, whether there was a conspiracy to defraud everyone, if BaseballNut is EastCoast and/or if EastCoast is BaseballNut and on and on and on.
The only sure thing is that this contest obviously fizzled badly in the way it was structured judging by all of the negativity surrounding it
Hopefully in the future if there is another contest of this nature, the mistakes made in this contest will be rectified to everyone's satisfaction.

cb40
05-30-2004, 02:38 AM
The money was bogus and I know this for a fact because where they said they put it was not true. I happen to have members of my family who work for this bank and the said deposit in Vegas was not made!!! I like to gamble but both of these services should go somewhere else bescause there was no deposit in the bank that that was stated.

wayne1218
05-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by cb40
The money was bogus and I know this for a fact because where they said they put it was not true. I happen to have members of my family who work for this bank and the said deposit in Vegas was not made!!! I like to gamble but both of these services should go somewhere else bescause there was no deposit in the bank that that was stated.

What a surprise!