I like it though

wallstreet
02-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Looks like a Seinfeld episode, but with a disturbingly bizarre nippppp

Love that angle on the breast.

hahaha

Lucky Leo
02-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Me too. Gotta love it. Funny you say Seinfeld. I love that show. It does remind me of that after you said that. How is the market treating you.

wallstreet
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Leo,

It has been quite brutal..when the market goes south, the high beta kids go down even faster. It has been consistent and hard selling..lucky I buy in pieces and very slowly..but it is never a good thing to lose money.

Its funny..I was making comments a little while back saying the market was overbought and had to come down..well it has been 5 weeks of come down, market given back all and more of its YTD gains..but the smart trader/investor has a nice little list of the winners last go around and those same stocks will kick it this time around..

Some great bargains out there from cheap to expensive.. Too bad that there arent a ton of traders here...but those who join in make it great!!!

I really see 10 stocks that I think will make 20% plus with the correct time horizon..and I bet there are another 30 I am not watching..

edit)

Hilarious Seinfeld on re-runs last night.. The episode where Kramer is avoiding the cable guy, Jerry gives his dad the cadillac and George tries to get a date with Marissa Tomme (sp?) I was laughing so hard!

Lucky Leo
02-24-2004, 11:17 PM
I don't know anything about it. I know I worked for level three and had stocks in them. I was gonna sell when they were up to 130-140 and everyone talked me out of that saying they were gonna double and triple. So now I got a piece of paper not worth crap. I wouldn't mind getting in to follow you in a while I need to get some things taken care of in the next month or two then I can see if you can make me some money. Thanks in advance and looking forward to it. Leo

Lucky Leo
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah I know I watch them all the time. As a matter of fact one comes on in about 45 minutes. I love it. Who wouldn't try to get a date with Marissa Tomei. Better than Jordan Capri. Maybe:red: :red: :red:

wallstreet
02-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Leo,

You are welcome there at any time..or via email if you wanted to discuss things not in public. Next month will be a great time to start dipping in the market.

And I cannot believe that people talked you out of a profit like that..now the stock is back down to 5 bucks even with Warren Buffett supposedly investing in them..

Man..but you know what is worse? That isnt even the roughest story of market slaughter out there..

wallstreet
02-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Leo,

Marissa is a hottie..but damn if that Jordan Capri might top her..seriously, that little minx is wayyyyyy hot..

:red:

Lucky Leo
02-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Crap it was to me! I would hate to have something worse than that. I was paying for the stocks out of my check so never really missed the money but. I had $$ in my eyeballs. I don't see it ever coming back even to get me my money back. The most I paid was 70 something a share.

The worse thing is I live in Omaha where Buffett lives. If you would believe this he lives in a real small house.

I will get in touch with you for sure. I heard alot of glory stories out there and wouldn't mind seeing if I could get lucky in the market.

wallstreet
02-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Leo,

Holy crap..even at a discount that price per share is a joke.

It is too bad, the worst stories are usually around 401k employees..told by co-workers and employees to hold on that things will turn around..

How about Enron employees or World Com employees..or Adelphia employees..

Hell, even worse, a stock I used to own and still follow- FIBR..I traded it around the same time you had LVLT (I didnt lose, but just giving numbers out) I traded it when the stock was 80 or so..the stock is now at 3.85..not so bad right??

Wrong..that is including a 20 for 1 reverse split..so that 80 bucks a share I owned it at, in current prices (when a reverse split happens, the price is not split in half, rather doubled..shares are taken FROM the market to prop the price) so a 20 for 1 reverse split puts 80 at really 1,600..so I owned this stock and I am sure many employees did too..at a price comparable to 1,600 and it is now less than 4 bucks...so translation, you got your a$$ handed to you in a major way if your 401k was in FIBR..

All you can do is try and make good with what you have..if it were me, I would take a large percentage of your stock and sell it in your 401k and try to invest it in a mutual fund that can do better than your stock..keep buying little bits at low prices (if you work there). If you dont work there anymore, transfer your 401k to a rollover IRA at a cheap place like Ameritrade and control it yourself and make it grow..

Lucky Leo
02-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Well it was in stock options not 401k. So when I quit I just got a certificate for the stocks I owned. So now what I have it isn't worth doing anything with but collecting dust. I see your point the 401 k thing is good and bad. That totally sucks. Someone planning on that to retire on and then all of a sudden it is gone. What then. I will have to find something else I guess. That is good to know.

wallstreet
02-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Leo,

Sent you an email, you can erase your addy if you dont want it out there now.

I would deposit those certs..take them to a place that can move it quick.. A place like ScotTrade has local offices and you can trade online for pretty cheap..Ameritrade is cheapest, but it might take some time to get the certs registered and deposited.

Even 100 shares, I would put them in and try to get some $$$$$$$ back..blow off the dust and start making some money!!!

Lucky Leo
02-25-2004, 12:07 AM
So you think it is a dead stock now no chance to come back huh.

wallstreet
02-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Leo,

To 10? Maybe.. 70? No way.

If this stock ever gets back to 70 well there will be 1000 other stocks that will make you a millionaire!

Serious..take that $$$$ and try to improve it versus making back what you lost...check this out:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=LVLT&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

It would take the NAZ going to 10k to get it back there..so instead of getting back 65 pts in LVLT, start hitting singles and make a profit, turn that mole hill into a mountain by doing what makes sense for the next 5 yrs..

lol

Lucky Leo
02-25-2004, 12:18 AM
I like your way of thinking. We will do that.