PDA

View Full Version : Trade Thread

wallstreet
01-29-2004, 03:16 PM
This thread will be for trades I make.

Current orders in for trade:

B 1/4 position HLSH at 4.75
B 1/4 position FIBR at 4.25

I would like a panic close, get a few others I am eying at pivot points..will update as I get executions.

wallstreet
01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
No fills on the day time trades..

One trade to report:

After Hours- Sold 500 NT at 7.45 (bot at 6.25 last week)

Nice 500 buck trade after commish..

Good numbers for NT, gotta take a profit though.

edit) Holy crap they are talking it up on CNBS, missed out on another 40 cents in profit, wait more like 50 cents..damn!!!

Hope some others had NT, what a nice surprise..

Sports-Plays
01-30-2004, 01:02 AM
I hear a ton of pro investors use "position". Is that the same thing as units in gambling?? If I have $15k in an account and the recommendation is for 1/4 position, does that mean I am purchasing $3750 worth of shares?

wallstreet
01-30-2004, 10:49 AM
SP,

A position is what you could term as units.. but with trading, many will "leg" into a position, not make a plunge rather step in slowly by buying in increments.

So with NT I never did get a full position, I got a half which in this case was 500 shares. I usually like 1k shares for stocks under 15 or so.

I usually buy in 1/4 or 1/2 increments, it is such a good lesson I learned over the yrs..leg in and I usually leg out, but when I have a nice gain I just jump out.

Crap..didnt pull the trigger on IVAN two days ago, it is now a 20% winner..oh well.

This market needs some fear, I was very unimpressed with the close yesterday, the dip buyers got rewarded and no fear in the market..

wallstreet
02-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Bot 1/4 position in NGEN at 11.75

Buying slowly, will add another 2X 1/4 positions when the price tells me..

wallstreet
02-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Another nibble..

1/8 position NGEN at 11.50

Pulled my MRV order at 4 (was at lunch) might enter around here..will post if I do.

wallstreet
02-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Another nibble on NGEN at 10.50

In trading account I have a larger order at 10.40

wallstreet
02-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Trading account..

Nibbling all the way down on NGEN

Lowest buy 9.90

Amazing drop, looks like a good opp for a big hit..

wallstreet
02-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Quick turn-

Sold NGEN at 10.75

I didnt make a home run, but made 300 bucks. Not bad for a 1 day hold.. She could go higher, just on the back of the employment numbers being a dud, I think the market could sag here...

wallstreet
02-11-2004, 05:53 PM
SONS getting knocked in the AH's, I think the news is old and reflects the past of the company, not the future so I have been starting a position for a trade.

1/2 position at 5.70 ( a little under water, might need to average down) but this could be a nice hit given a week or two to wait it out.

edit) a little more nibbling, lowest I have is 5.30

Still not buying a full position, will do that if I get better prices tomrrow.

I like this trade quite a bit and am very pumped at this chance..

Getting 30% trades are rare for me and I feel this one will net me that range..

pappy
02-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Wallstreet I would like your opinion in October I bought some stocks, took some advise from one of my brokers and the others were some that I thought were at a really good price. My objective was for a long term investment. Two of the stocks tha I picked LU & RHAT have had some really nice gains, my brokers is telling me to sell; just wondering what your thoughts were on these two stocks? I look at all the stocks I purchased in October as it's own portfolio which is doing very nice!

SportzWinners
02-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Have friends & Family who work for the company, look for big things to happen in May or June.

wallstreet
02-12-2004, 12:04 AM
pappy,

How have you been doing with the comeback trail?

RHAT- look at the gap up in December from 14 to 19 or so, looks like it tried to fill the gap on this last drop. I think the chart looks fine, had a good pull back, but I have to differ with the other person. I dont like the prospects for this company, I think they are fine but it wouldnt be an investment of mine. I would buy on a pullback to the last area of consolidation, 13 or so.

LU- I like this stock as Savage and I have discussed it. The last area of consolidation was in the 3 area, but I dont think it gets there. If it loses 4, then I would let it go.

If you wanted to do the smart thing, take 1/2 of your basis on both..and let the rest go with a moderate stop..and let the rest ride since it is the houses money.

I think we go higher from here and no reason both these stocks dont go along for the ride.

GL

pappy
02-12-2004, 04:05 AM
that sounds like a good idea. the only two stocks in the group that I bought in October that are down INTC & ORCL what are your thoughts on those two stocks. I have seen some nice gains in G, GE, YHOO!

Come back trail is going good, slow and steady! Tough lesson!

wallstreet
02-12-2004, 01:41 PM
pappy,

I would hold ORCL in hopes that they dont get PSFT...then the stock goes up..if not I think it is dead money..will underperform the QQQ's. INTC is a market leader, very good stock..hold with a mental stop in place..or a buy/add order in place where support is in case we drop.

I do not care for GE or G, YHOO is a great stock, same strategy as INTC for holding.

Hope that helps!

wallstreet
02-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Have to shake the cobwebs off after the holiday!

BOT 1/4 position of CBMX at 6.75, off large today, no volume or news..will add lower if I have to, but no real rush.

Xxout
02-17-2004, 04:45 PM
I know your watching (SONS)
Tempting but do you think all the profits will go to the lawyers.

wallstreet
02-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Xxout,

None will go to the lawyers. Lawyers try to get plantiffs who are pissed at SONS for being honest about their mistake and get a settlement. These things turn out to be a zero..zero impact on the stock, zero $$$ in the pocket of investors. I have seen many of these come to my mailbox and I toss every one of them.

I am doing decent on SONS..average at 5.60 or there abouts..I like the stock, looking for 7 on the trade. For somthing similar, look at MUSEE..same deal. SONS had a few people misdirect revenues, the issue isnt the revenues occuring, it is timing. It may even end up benefiting the company. If they come out and say things are fine..earnings are fine..results are not materially impacted, the stock could go back to 8 or 9 again..

They did the right thing and fished it out without being forced to.

Xxout
02-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Will be watching for a dip on SONS, probably missed the opportunity but I like watching and learning.
Also watching CIEN missed the $6 entry??
Wondering if it's on your list.
Thanks Xx

wallstreet
02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Xxout,

I posted that CIEN in the middle 5's was where I wanted it..after I heard about the miss of earnings in addition to the removal from the SPX..I thought mid to low 5's was a good spot. I didnt get it and I think it is a weaker stock in the group..meaning they wont rebound and move to new highs when others will..

Damn if my biggest mistake this year was HLIT..I hope someone bot and kept it unlike me..I sold way too early.

Anyone else see the train wreck yesterday on RCNC? Man I wish I could short little stocks, that one was easy even at 50 cents..

Xxout
02-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Your right, I took CIEN from your previous list, amoung others.
Thanks for the update.

RCNC, Checked their website (rcntomorrow.com)
Will this become one to watch in months ahead for rebound after
restructuring or will they just be auctioned off? The stock is still
declining but still being bought, why?
Will this be another XOCM ?
Xx

wallstreet
02-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Xxout,

Today is a day where the market spanks the crap out of all the winners this year..NAZ down 1% but some stocks are getting pummeled..

RCNC...I liked it short, but only a few can short under 1 buck..the real issue is will they go 7 or 11..they already defaulted on some senior notes..that is a very bad sign. I think they do the pu$$y way and go 11 rather than working it out and try to dig from the hole they are in. I hate that..

Looks like I am averaging down in my NGEN..no biggie. They had earnings and it wasnt so hot..but they forcasted great next year numbers, which is good enough for me. All NANO's are getting a whooping today..as is HLIT for freaking once..it has been up up up up up up up up up since earnings..damn it..

Another day like today and I might get heavier invested..as is I am about 40% in there..but a hard close today might mean a hard open tomorrow..then it is time to buy..

savage1
02-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Wallstreet-CLN finally gets FDA approval today, and after jumping initially on the news after trading was halted, stock down around $.07 on the day.
Some folks upon news and halting of stock, were making wild predictions about a minimum $2 rise in stock price.
I added today,because unless I am missing something in news release or there is more than meets the eye, this company has a bright future.
Check it out if you get a chance and tell me what you think.

wallstreet
02-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Savage,

We will have to see how it trades upon the halt being lifted.

I wouldnt hold any water to those kiddos making predictions, I would say 100% of them are making a wish list and would sell if that were the case.

I havent seen what it might mean, I also dont see a halt. It traded 7 minutes ago at 1.79??

I hope it goes to 10 for you..cant say I think it is likely, but I will root for you..it has been sometime and you have waited for this specific event. I would worry about selling on the news though, but that doesnt always happen..

wallstreet
02-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Xxout,

Did you just see the release???

RCNC filed for Ch 11...geez.

So you know what that means? They will go a few months with a Q on the symbol (RCNCQ)..screw any preferred holders.. negociate to death the little equity that there was in the common..do a huge reverse split..give 90% of the company to the bond holders and debt holders..and come out clean..just like RBAK..

What a crappy country we live in..

savage1
02-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Wallstreet-stock was halted briefly after news was released.
It went up briefly and then started its decline;I added more today at $1.55;it seems to me fundamentals are real good and mm's have been taking out stops and that a lot of short term investors selling.
That being said, I am a little disappointed that reaction to new wasn't a little better.
On the other hand, I think over next year or two stock should do well(hopefully anyways).
ps-sorry for confusion over halt;it took place yesterday(2/19) at around 10:15 AM and lasted about 1/2 an hour.
When it reopened, the trading seemed very fishy,going up and then down;it seemed like marketmakers were in complete control, and had predetermined where price of stock would go.

Xxout
02-22-2004, 07:17 PM
(RCNC) Guess that's what I meant by "One to watch" I take it this is NOT a candidate for a get rich quick scheme. Buy at the bottom and sell when they resurface dept free.

Looks like CBMX is teasing for more. I notice Volumn is dropping.
Hope you get that one in the boat. Looking to get some Mon. if you still like it.

Maybe Nader's announcement gets things moving again.

Still doing well with WRLS. Lots of contracts on the table, waiting for some good news. Holding pretty stong in high winds.

Xxout
02-22-2004, 07:41 PM
I've taken Wallstreets advice and trying to avoid PK & OTC's.
BUT! A friend of mine, who does well at it, says to check out
(LBTT) Lifeline Biotechs.
Seems they dropped over 90% with three big hits at 3:45 on Fri., on no news. All within minutes, went from .026 to .0026 with a ton of volumn. Previous news was all good with marketing initiated in Europe on new products. Hell, what's a hundred bucks, I might grab 40K Mon. I'll wait to see what it does.
Thought I'd pass it on, I certainly do not recommend it.
Xx

wallstreet
02-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Xxout,

That is a misquote IMO..it was based on literally no volume. I think you will see that the 2.6 cents will be the open price on monday.

Speaking of pinkies..keep a sharp eye on HLSH.pk HealthSouth..it has dropped and I own it..they will emerge and be relisted in 05, the company plans it and announced it. In addition, Fidelity announced it increased it stake in the company last week. I said a while back that this one is a buy and tuck away stock for me. I expect that when they relist the stock will be a double or triple. They have the revenues and cash flow, they just need to get the past behind them..which they will.

Oh and yeah I still like CBMX. Earnings were just fine..my basis is 6.75 I think and if it takes a hit on Monday I will add..I like this one quite a bit and have about 1/2 position thus far.

So what I have now is.

SONS
HLSH
NGEN
CBMX

I would say I am about 40% invested. I also agree that Nader in means the democrats lose..I dont like Bush as a prez..but I am speaking only as it pertains to the market.

Xxout
02-22-2004, 10:04 PM
LBTT
If it's a misquote, I save a hundred bucks. It is showing volumn of 7,998,000 but that's not much when the zero's are upfront. LOL
Better than CMKM, one man and a truck, looking for diamonds, trading 2 Billion shares a day. I bet you wait in line to sell that one.

HLSH
Watched that for awhile on your previous recommendation. I think I got scared off with the resignations and Feds. Is 4.50 entry level advisable or wait for 4.00?
I really like healthcare and assisted living, with the baby boomers,
lots of growth in store. Have been watching SUHG, seems to be revamping nicely after restructuring out of Chap.11 but I'm sure there will be many more.

SONS
I'm convinced on this one, I don't see how a few cookies out of the jar can hurt this co. They seem to be facing the music and moving on. Waiting for 5.00, if it shows two up days, I'm on board.
Thanks, Xx

wallstreet
02-22-2004, 10:41 PM
XXout,

Yep..LBTT was a misprint. I looked at ragingbull.com and searched the message board for them, and it was a bad trade..it happens from time to time. So you wouldnt have bot the stock there even if you wanted to.

HLSH, they are being weighed down due to the bad things concerning their ex-CEO and other officers. I fully admit the past and it was "enhanced" but just look at the income statement and balance sheet..they are generating cash..get the PK out of the quote and you are looking at 10 plus. I wanted to add on friday, but some of my funds are in transit from Fido to Ameritrade..

SONS..similar story to MUSEE and a few others..they admitted to a boo boo and are moving forward. Once the get that straightened out they will be just fine. If we get a market dip, SONS will dip as well and I will add a bit..

I dont like to go after Ch11 stocks..they have to give away the company to stay in business..like RBAK..so on any rise the stock will get significant selling pressure..just like RBAK. Ramp from 6 to 11 plus, back to 7.

The only way I like to get into Ch11 survivors if I feel the new leverage will not over comprimise future potential of the stock...which means on a percentage of the float it cant be a majority.. RCNC might be an ok Ch11 play but it is way too early to be trading it for me. If she got down to 15 cents or so maybe..it all depends on how close it gets to the reverse split date..when they get OUT of the proceedings I imagine there is a play, similar to RBAK.

Keep those 4 on your list (sons hlsh cbmx ngen)..and keep giving me some of your insights. I can always use new stocks to watch..

Most others on my list are extended or not in buy range.

Xxout
02-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I'll be watching.
I see your old friend IVAN has been put on the BUY list. Price looks right. Also liking JDSU, have been stuck in this one for awhile, hoping to get out with a profit, also moved to BUY.
Time to light up the board.
Xx

wallstreet
02-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Xxout,

The more I read about IVAN, the less I like. It seems that they really arent making that much money and the move was more on speculation and pumping than real earning or real fundamentals.

HLSH opened nicely, have to see what happens through the day. I am starting to be more skeptical on how the market is going to move after the open..already seeing weakness in some stocks and it is real early.

Xxout
02-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Valintines day is over, what's with all the red lights?
Only green today was your HLSH (steady burning) and SONS.
CBMX, could not keep up with it, all over the board.

Take a look at BRCD, down 7 days in a row, now 6.16 and 5.50 seems to be the turning point 4 times this year.

Xxout

wallstreet
02-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Xxout,

Like I mentioned to Savage (I think) there are quite a few that are coming into my buy area..BRCD is a good one to add to that list.

Others include:

MRVC
FIBR
CHTR
ALTI
HLIT (another 2 days of this)
TERN
VTSS
NT
IVAN

And I bet there are 10 others that should be looked at too..

HLSH looked great today, started up and stayed up all day..CBMX gave up the ghost in the last 30 min of the day. I had a buy order in but didnt get hit.

I think we get lower prices still and at that point I will keep adding. Also assuming SONS and NGEN on my buy/keep buying list..

Xxout
02-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Not sure I can post addresses on JD's. I'll give it a try.
2004 GSM Association Awards going on in France at present.

http://www.gsmworld.com/awards/nominees.html

Perty good info on who's got what in wireless/mobile.

Xx

wallstreet
02-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Xxout,

Looks like Vodaphone and RIMM and DT are the big names on that list and a bunch I have never heard of..lol

bot 1/4 position CBMX @ 6.10

Taking things slowly, I dont think we ramp up on the markets for a while..money flow is very negative and that means the markets cannot move higher. Too much supply this week.

Xxout
02-25-2004, 01:09 AM
I came across Oxford Ventures (OXFV) OTCBB
They're building NASCAR simulators for placement in sportsbars.
Right in your backyard (Tempe AR)
They've announced a 4-1 stock split March 1st. (1.55 today)

Question is, what effect will a 4-1 split have? I know they want to create volumn but I've never seen 4-1 before.
I've seen the opposite. LOL

Nascar is big and I think there is a hugh market for their product both wholesale and retail. Plus advertisers would pay large portions of production cost to get their name on board. Possibilities are unlimited. IMO

I'm not jumping to buy, just curious what to expect as I watch them for awhile.

Xxout

wallstreet
02-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Xxout,

You nailed it on the reasoning for the split. Please do not look at the balance sheet..I almost croaked. On yahoo finance you can check a balance sheet..and it was just about a blank piece of paper with a few numbers on it..lmao

This one knows it is a OTCBB baby and there isnt anything they care to do about it. Optimally when I want to buy a OTC stock, it would be nice if they were to be compliant and want to be listed..for the first time or again..these guys could care less.

Doing a 4 for 1 just so there are more shares out there tells me these guys have no real clue about running a company and will be nothing more and maybe less than an OTC dummy.

Watch for fun, but what upside could one expect when the company doesnt seem to care??

I have seen that reasoning before and I dont recall seeing those companies moving up much since then either..

edit) stock at a 2 yr high right here..so proceed with extreme caution..

savage1
02-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Wallstreet-I don't recall if I mentioned this "gem" before but check out pkcy;I am in at .063 and stock has been moving nicely on a percentage basis.
From their news releases it would seem future is positive.
ps I realize that with good reason stocks like this are not ones you usually follow.
Also, cln startng to move up again and CC is on Monday-hoping for good news.

wallstreet
02-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Savage,

I was noticing that with CLN. I hope it gets back to 2 bucks for you. It took a big hit, maybe it was general market related, I am not sure..but on a percentage basis the move to 1.25 was just brutal! I could say that about a bunch of stocks though..got crushed when the mania guys got out and the stocks got slammed.

What I noticed though some stocks I watch that got creamed got hit on little volume..so it wasnt anything that I am worried about.

This Park City group is interesting. One negative I do not care for is that the CEO is making 407k a year..that seems a bit out of line when revenues are 6 Million a year and operating net income for last year was negative (even factoring out that non recurring expense of 2.2 M last year.

I also dont like PR releases telling me that they got a positive response after their conference call..that is generated by the company and seems a bit lame to me.

On the good side, they were profitable last quarter and revenues were up..that is a good thing..and is why the stock is at its high this year.

Keep a tight collar on the stock, let it run for you but dont let it take you down. It was at 2 cents just a short time ago..

I like when these little kiddies make a big percentage return, I hope it goes to 25 cents for you!!!

savage1
02-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Wallstreet-thanks for insight and encouragement.
After cln, one hand is on the trigger of all these little speculative stocks;I have to be more nimble and not stay married to some of these forever;get profit and get out or get out quick if stock starts down and take a small loss if that is the case.
Hope your stocks are doing well also.

wallstreet
03-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Trade:

Sold all CBMX at 7.01- so that means it is time to buy for everyone else..I seem to sell way too early. Made just under 10% on the trade.

Also looking at SONS for selling at 6.25, would be a 10% profit on it.

savage1
03-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Wallstreet-your comment about selling reminded me of my dad.
As well as he did over his many years of his investing, the only sure thing according to my mother is that whenever he sold, the stock would go up in the short term and when he bought, the stock would go down for a while.
However, as my father was a long term buy and hold guy for the most part, it really didn't bother him, as long as he made money(which he did).
ps keep an eye on cln and pkcy. I bought 40 thousand shares of pkcy at average of .065, and it is now (last I checked) around $.10(I think it actually hit .105 earlier today).

wallstreet
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Savage,

I did watch that PKCY today..the volume really seemed to pick up as it crossed 10 cents. From where you are at, I would hold on and just make that firm sale price in your head..that say it goes to 7 cents and looks bad that you dont hold it no matter what. Then if you get a double (looks likely) then you peel off 10-25% or so, put a little dough in your pocket..let the rest go with the same rules.

I should have held onto CBMX a little longer..its never bad to take a profit though..and I had like 500 bucks in profit..and I always want to keep my profits when I can..I imagine she might head to 8, but if I get another chance I will dip back in the same stock.

I watch CLN all the time, mainly due to you being in it. The action looks really bad in it I have to say..volume drop and a price stagnancy..if it were to go to oversold levels then I might get in, but at this price I have to sit put.

Did you watch that UFAB today? Geez...it was acting really freaky..went from 4.77 up to 14.77 today. I was watching it as it crossed 10 to 14..just a low float whack job..I couldnt trade that kind of stock without knowing why..

I have a feeling we may get a dip again this week..tons of supply coming into the market again..secondaries and IPO's and not enough $$$$ to support it..just supply and demand..and I think after todays big ramp we get a breather. Todays action was strange..up big, but it was sector specific..not a general market move. I have 30% of stocks on my list actually flat or down today..

Interesting..

savage1
03-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Wallstreet-my biotechs went up for the most part today except my irbh(my contact's stock). It is now down to about where I purchased it;I will hold on for now.
I had a nice profit slip away on this one;oh well tomorrow is another day.
ps I will sell 20-25% at least of pkcy should it go a little higher.

savage1
03-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Wallstreet-check out miis;this might be more up your alley.
I bought 2000 shares at 2.49 after reading favorable information from the OTC Journal(I have had good luck with them before) and checking their website.
Irbh is sinking(below $1) and I have asked my source to tell me what is going on(assuming he know).
ps I also have been selling my lu and got rid of remainder today to help finance miis. :D

wallstreet
03-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Savage,

Cant say I have ever heard of that stock MIIS..but now that you are in I will be watching!

Speaking of LU..talk about flatlining..the stock looks dead. Might be a consolidation period of sorts, not sure. Same goes for NT..although NT seems to spurt more than LU. I would prefer to own half of NT versus a 100% portion of LU.

I cant tell you on IRBH either..no volume to the stock, wide spread etc..I hate that and it makes me miss some trades. I cant be in an illiquid trade.

HLSH sure has drifted down the last few days..I am down about 10% on this one..but I will hold this till 2005..that might mean averaging down a few more times..but I am ok with it.

Market did exactly as planned today..supply greater than demand, no news in the market to bring new $$$, so down we go.

I am looking to exit SONS..not at 6.25 anymore..more like 6.05. I just want to be more liquid in the hyper account..still about 65% cash now..not really taking any positions..on big fat dips I will, but nothing really grabbing me right now.

Too bad these plays you have dont carry more volume and have better spreads..you get into that MIIS and you are already down 2% on the trade..

Where is that guy who was shorting the home builders? Hilarious as they hit new highs yesterday..

Xxout
03-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Geez, I leave town for a week and missed two steps on WRLS.
In at 8-10-12, I missed 14 & 16. Lot's of speculation at 17 but volumn is picking up. Picked up about 15% on BRCD. All in all, it covered my losses on everthing else with some nice gains.

Southern talk is all about coal (Black Gold). Did not know such a large percentage of industry is still powered by coal. 27 coal fired power plants are on the books to be built in 04-06. That's alot of coal. Checked coal mining stocks today and damn if they weren't up on a bad day. And they pay some nice dividends.
ARLP 37.25, 1 yr. 70% gainer. 2.02 div. Grandpa always said coal, rails and gold.

Checking through my list (Your List) and CIEN is getting down there. Does IVAN still have an entry level or is it off your list?

Your bad weather friend BCON is 1.24? Insiders all sold. New product upgrade hitting the shelf, sales should go up?

Looks like I missed all the green lights.
Xxout

savage1
03-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Wallstreet-not to brag but both pkcy and miis are doing nicely.
The tough part is that I have a double on pkcy and should sell some;but you know as well as I, that is easier said thandone.

wallstreet
03-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Xxout,

Good to see you around again..some comments.

I noticed WRLS the other day, shocked at the move. At this point if you are still in it I would just hold on and use reasonable stop levels if we get a market drop...this one looks great technically.

On IVAN..I cant get into it unless it gets slammed one day..it just leaks every day..down a little down a little..then the company comes out and says they are drilling somwhere and it goes up 20-30%. I want to wait and see if it gets way oversold.

On BCON..same story..they should be getting more run than they are with all this coal talk..they are alternative energy sources..with oil this high and commodities running, the next thing to be talked about is alt energy companies. I dont like the tape on it. No volume and no reason to tell me it is time to get in. Again, if it gets kicked and over sold, then I might get in. That would mean the 1.00-1.10 area we talked about a while back.

This market is freaky..maniacial actually..check these out today:

MAMA FMDAY CLWT EWEB and about 5 or so others..all moving like crazy with nothing but day trader money moving them. Yesterday there were a few others that were running hard. People are chasing..and it makes me really worried. In years past I would be right there with them, but smart people would be selling into this mania..I prefer not to go short though.

On value plays.. I still like SONS..the drop today really makes me concerned though..they need to get clear of this mess and the stock could go back to 9 or 10..muddied waters and I will wait it out a bit.

If HLIT can get below 11, to the low 10's I like it too..company made a profit last Q..had a hard bull run there and I missed all of it of course.

For trading purposes I wouldnt be leaping in anything too quick.. things look toppy to me and we need some fear before the bargains are out there..the more I see commercials for trading on TV and the radio..the more the talk about Option seminars..the more I think we are setting up for some head whacking..so I have to play for singles..and this last month was quite slow for me in trading..I made about 10-20% since the first of the year..but getting more and more cautious..

Lets hear more stocks from you..glad to see you again!

wallstreet
03-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Savage,

Well the tape didnt lie.. PKCY is moving on nice volume..you dont need to sell it..but keep that discipline in hand, if you get that drop and it starts to hurt..you know to let it go..have to..But for now, I like the action on PKCY, nice volume..all signs look good. Never know, you might see this one hit 25 cents..not a stretch actually.

On the MIIS..spread tightening..volume a little better, be careful and enjoy the nice gain!

I am not impressed with CLN..hope you are keeping a leash on it..nothing to tell me you should see a strong reversal anytime soon..might be good for a pickup if you see a dip on some strong volume!

Big reversal for the market today..nice to see..but not convincing thus far..

savage1
03-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Wallstreet-I sold 25% of pkcy at .135 and naturally it went up some more;after getting burned by not talking some profits, I didn't want it to happen again.
Big deak;there's no level that says I can't buy it back tomorrow as I did with Lucent.
Thanks for your take.
ps check out "debate" between me and Ty Gaston in sports service thread entitled Sports Service Academy Award(assuming you haven't done so already).

wallstreet
03-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Savage,

Oh you know I looked that over long ago..

hahahaha

I have to hand it to you, in regards to going after services you are even more cavalier than I am!!

Keep it up, and funny how he responds like he does, if I didnt know better I would say the guy is 16 yrs old. He uses horrible spelling and grammar.

I was going to chime in, but then I told myself to behave. My comment to him was going to be if he is making a million a year, then why does he look like a 5 buck hobo on the TV shows he scams the service for? He looks like a freak. And he is very degrading to women..every joke (or so he calls it) out of his mouth is about some big breasted woman and what she does in bed..what a moron.

He will never give the real plays out, just like he isnt monitored anywhere that cant be bought..

Very funny, you know me and I would track that post down real quick!!!

Dont ever feel bad for taking profits..you locked in gains for once..maybe more to come, maybe not..

Xxout
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Had a memo on that FMDAY, said it's stalling at 1.01 but buy and hold for gush to 1.10 or more. Yea right. Holy Toledo!

Sold BRCD, will wait for 6.20 again. Not a big play.

Check EAG. I'll buy in the morning, should open at 1.47. More if it goes lower. Lot's of ghost as you call them.

This is a free site. knobias.com at the bottom enter eag in free research box .
then click on eag files new form 4 then click on entire document with attachments.
it looks to me like he is getting a 1,071,700 option at 1.70

EAG Eagle Broadband, Inc.

Pre-Market | After Hours Market Mar. 3, 2004 Market Close: $ 1.46

After Hours Trade Reporting Wednesday March 3

After HoursLast: $1.47 After HoursBest Bid: N/A After HoursHigh: $1.47
After HoursVolume: 308,500 After HoursBest Ask: N/A After HoursLow: $1.44

After HoursTime (ET) After HoursPrice After HoursShare Volume
18.14 $ 1.47 2900
18.10 $ 1.47 1500
18.09 $ 1.47 100
16.23 $ 1.45 1000
16.14 $ 1.44 300000 ****
16.11 $ 1.47 2500
16.06 $ 1.45 200
16.00 $ 1.46 300

Looks like it will go back up to 1.90 or 2.00 again.

Thanks for the Welcome back.
Xxout

wallstreet
03-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Xxout,

I had EAG on my list for a while and look at it every day..the action tells me NO on this stock. Volume has been miserable and it has been trading really poorly.

I will watch tomorrow, but in this environment I expected more from it than I have seen.

I want to know 1 day before on these stocks go up 400% in one day, then I can throw 30k at them..

lol

savage1
03-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Wallstreet-I hear ya and agree!!

heleanth
03-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Wallstreet, a friend of mine called me and told me to buy HQNT.OB. I looked at it.... no debt, positive earnings, outlook seems positive. If you get a chance, will you take a look at it and let me know what you think? Thanks.

Mike:)

wallstreet
03-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Mike,

Looks like these guys make software for healthcare companies..It is hard to find good current information on these guys since they are an OTCBB stock.

One thing I dont like is when companies pump out press releases all the time. It makes me think they are working the press and trying to create interest. Companies dont send out press releases everytime they sign a contract or change a product. To me it is clutter and annoying!!

One thing that is strange..the company is cash flow positive, they have no debt (which is true), and they have been putting out a dividend for a while too (very odd for a BB stock)..what is strange is they seem to be compliant in many ways..they have revenues, a product..expenses are in check, making a profit, issuing a small dividend..why arent they listed or NASD compliant?

The company has working capital..a bit light on cash (260k in Sept) but I dont see anything really bad with these guys.

When things dont add up like this I tend to stay back and observe rather than buy. The stock is near a 52 wk high which is good..the only thing I can think is that the growth prospects for these guys arent good.. I cant confirm that, but a company with no debt, making a profit should trade on the NASDQ or on the NYSE..not on the BB.

Sorry I cant help more, it looks good but the question on my mind keeps me from investing in it.

Savage, what the hell happened to MIIS today????

savage1
03-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Wallstreet-Miis collapsed and even more so today;I should have got out when the thing soared;such is life.
ps great post directed at Ty Gaton;you really put him on the ropes, as did several others after yours.

heleanth
03-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback on HQNT.OB, WS. I appreciate your efforts and enjoy reading your comments on other stocks as well.

Mike

Xxout
03-05-2004, 11:44 AM
You were right about EAG, no backbone.

(AAII) Take a quick view to see if it's worth a closer look.
You see thru all the legal BS and it's just confusing to me.

Spring is in the air, time to get out those XXXout golfballs.
Xxout

Xxout
03-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Just reviewing some memo's and looked at SCON.
Volumn is there and oversold, insiders have all sold.
They're running out of cash but have credit and assets.
If news of one contract hits, I'd sure like to be in under 2.50.
Of coarse, I'll wait for your final.

Have been reading alot on HLSH, guess I'll buy some and wait it out with you.

Thanks, Xxout

wallstreet
03-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Xxout,

AAII- OUCH.. they have dropped a ton..from 30 to 10 in 2 months..I would wait to see where she settles out..let it form a base and see if more downside is to come. Looking at the chart only and not the news, it doesnt look like a bottom is in. I wouldnt want to be buying thinking this is it..unless you have full confidence in the company. Also note the increased volume on the way down. I would like to see a leveling off on volume and a price stabilization before I would buy. Unless this is a high risk trade and you are able to deal with the possibility of it going much lower.

SCON- today is a dead cat bounce..same story as the AAII..for a trade I would wait and see if the move today leads us to $$$$ or is a trap by MM's to bring the stock lower. After bad news it rarely happens that these bounces go longer than a day or so. Be nimble if you trade this one.

Mike,

Let me know what you do on that trade..I am curious!!

Savage, PKCY bubble got pricked today, what are you doing with it??

I am mad at NGEN..they get a nice $$$ infusion, but I think their price sold on the private placement was lousy..will add on this dip.

Xxout
03-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Check this out!
I received this E-mail early am today. If you read thru, it looks like it's for a Jan. stock pick. (HTSC)
I just checked and it's up 50% today. Every AOL must of received the same mail and bought a little. Maby next time...

Hello,

I wanted to let you know about a Journal on AOL called VIP. This AOL Journal shares personal thoughts and photos with you and others online, and even allows you to add your own comments. Stop by to view this Journal at:

http://journals.aol.com/heezul/VIP/

Proper Financial Report Best Bet for January

Nov CFTN at 0.40 Currently 1.41 High 2.62
Nov GDVI at 0.04 Currently 0.11 High 0.18
Dec HTS,C at 0.70 Currently 1.50 High 2.30
Jan QLHC at .90 Currently 3.00 High 3.50

HTSC,bb will make a new short term top around 4.00 in 5 trading days due to news
90 day target is 6.00 and 12mth target 8.50
Humana-Trans-Services-Holding-Corporation HTSC,OTC,BB
HTSC,BB has recently experienced a ramp in revenues by providing Fortune 500
companies a single-source solution for recruiting,drug testing,compliance,
payroll, employee benefits,and writing workers compensation insurance.
HTSC has generated payroll processing of $25 million for the trailing
12-months and expected to grow to $40 million and show a significant profit
in 2004.
Humana National Program Administrators is on the cusp of signing a
multi-year deal that will allow it to provide a suite of human resource
services, including payroll management and insurance facilitation to a major
financial-services entity involved in credit services and worker's
compensation solutions.
Analysis

We expect several news releases to impact shares in January.Our
conservative 30 day target is 5.00 a share.

savage1
03-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Wallstreet-after watching the total bs that has gone on with miis(Ty Gaston would be proud of the mm's here), I got rid of it for a small profit (bought at 2.49 and sold at 2.70).
From what I can see the mm's on this one are are really bigtime crooks, and I want no part of this stock(yeah I know same can be said of many stocks and mm's).
ps keep up the good work on Gaston. I just added a few more choice comments regarding him and Price.

wallstreet
03-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Xxout,

Yucck.. I hate getting those kind of emails. I have to think that these clowns either are in bed with the company or are in from lower levels and are trying to bring in new blood...

I notice they are up today, but the spread is wide and somthing smells with it..

If you buy it, keep me posted. I would rather do my own research than some bulk email from boiler rooms.. This stock is definately a "hard 8" money stock..

haha

btw.. QLHC is at 2 bucks, and is a pink sheets stock.

wallstreet
03-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Savage,

Gaston is a bafoon..

He will never take the challange we issued to him. The guy is a loser. I dont want to waste any more time talking to him.

:angryfire

Hilarious..I have an order in for NGEN at 8.05, of course it stops dead in its tracks at 8.06!

Oh and I was sooooooo tempted to take a dip in MSO just now..it will be on my list if the stock gets to 8 or so.. Poor Martha..you get it upside your head for being a crook and a liar!!!

Trainer
03-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Can someone give me an educated opinion on a stock tip i got that trades under the symbol DNDN....If its good and i should buy etc...........I appreciate your time..........Thanks Chris

wallstreet
03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Trainer,

I know this stock, but have never traded it.

Dendreon Corporation is dedicated to the discovery and development of novel products for the treatment of diseases through its manipulation of the immune system. The Company's product pipeline is focused on cancer and includes therapeutic vaccines, monoclonal antibodies and small-molecule product candidates. The product candidates most advanced in development are therapeutic vaccines designed to stimulate a patient's immunity for the treatment of cancer. Provenge is a therapeutic vaccine for the treatment of prostate cancer and is in Phase III clinical trials, the final stage of human testing before seeking marketing approval. Mylovenge, Dendreon's therapeutic vaccine for the treatment of multiple myeloma, is in Phase II clinical trials. APC8024, the Company's therapeutic vaccine for the treatment of HER-2/neu over-expressing breast, ovarian and colon cancers, is in Phase I trials.

Check this link:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=DNDN

That gives you a quarterly income statement for the company. Revenue is choppy since they are a biotech. Operating losses are growing quarter to quarter.. They dont have a ton of debt in relation to assets.. They almost ran out of cash until they raised cash through a huge common shares offering, which I dont like to see either.

My concern is you are buying at a 52 week high, and are within striking distance of an all time high of 25.

I dont like buying stocks at their highs, this one was below 5 bucks just this year.

I wouldnt buy here, but would keep it on a list to buy on dips. Some people like buying on breakouts, so if you wanted to buy, please purchase in 4 increments, so if you wanted 1000 shares, that would be 250 at a time..

Hope it works out!

Trainer
03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the info............I will take your advice as i am just a rookie in the market....Your info was all correct about the company and i understand what you mean by buying at a high....Thanks Wallstreet ......I appreciated your Knowledge and if you dont mind will ask some other questions about the market when i get them......:)

Xxout
03-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Did buy some SCON at 2.52. I have been working with some chart patterns and this one fits. Stop is in.

Picked up some more WRLS on a dip to 17.30 Fri. am. I"ll sell this block at 23.00 or so, I hope. I'm asking alot, but I like this one.

Looking at HYPD for a good pop on rumors. High risk but look at the last three insider buys.

Xxout

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Xxout,

Nice pick up on WRLS..it is tough buying more at higher prices than you initially purchased. So far so good!

I did the quickie look on that HYPD and I am sure you know all this, but they are a typical BB stock, earnings are all over the place, not making money etc. They raised a bunch of cash with either an offering or a private placement. Looking at the balance sheet, they went from 10k in cash to quite a bit more in the Dec quarter.

Todays jump is news based..big spread and hitting a 52 week high. This one was .25 this year..unreal! This trade would fit in the profile we talked about the other day..buying stocks that are breaking out will only have two results.. One is a big nice gain as the stock moves through resistance and goes higher (like RIMM this year) or fails miserably when the volume drops and it finds support at lower levels.

Call me conservative (funny calling me that) but I dont like buying stocks that are pushing past 52 week highs based on a single news event. I am ok if the stock is moving due to the market or PAST news..not the day of kind of thing.

Keep me updated to your purchases.

I have an order to sell SONS around here..it just isnt making headway..I have a small profit and would rather have some cash out there for trades that swing more than it is...or would like it lower for another purchase.

mary
03-08-2004, 12:16 PM
BUY DFIB

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 12:24 PM
mary,

Its up nicely today, hope you got it at lower prices!

I cant believe DFCT..I saw it on my list and started watching it about an hour ago around 1.05 or so..damn it hit 1.65 just a second ago...the old trader would have bought that on the volume breakout..too bad, a 50% hit would be quite nice!

mary
03-08-2004, 12:28 PM
I THINK DFIB HITS 6 TODAY

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Mary,

Impossible. I hope it works for you but calling for a 6 dollar price when it is at 4.40 and up 50 cents today..

Well it just aint happenin!!

GL

mary
03-08-2004, 12:34 PM
YOU WATCH--ILL PLAY

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 12:35 PM
mary,

Deal..I will watch it as well. I hope it goes there for you!

BOL!

savage1
03-08-2004, 01:03 PM
I just bought some ipfs to trade at 1.06(I also have a core holding).Lets see what happens, as I have been watching price movement of late, and it might be a good stock to trade(for my sake I hope I am right).

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 01:11 PM
savage,

Wish I had some good words for the trade.

Looking at a 3 month chart, I dont see a bottom in yet. The stock keeps making lower lows and lower highs. It would be good to see a bottom put in with some volume and see if you are buying a low here.

On the good side, some of the best trades are the ones that make your stomach churn when you hit the enter button. Buying when there is fear can be very profitable. I dont know if you have good fundamental reasons for the trade, but if you do..and think the selling is for no reason on light volume etc..then you may have a winner!

Glad you are buying in pieces, makes the averaging better and gives you a chance at better average prices.

GL

savage1
03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Wallstreet-thanks for advice. I will probably dump stock if it goes back to around $.96(the trading shares).
Remember about the miis I told you about-bought at 2.49 and sold at 2.70 because of rampant manipulation.
Today it is back to $3.20;if you like to trade and can figure out at what price manipulation will set in(easier said than done), it could be a good trading stock. I am on the sidelines for now unless it goes back to around $2.90.

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Savage,

That is a joke about MIIS..it gets crushed one day, now up 10% on really crappy volume..anything goes on the OTCBB, I bet you are right about MM's messing around.

IPFS held in there for you..it is always nice when you get a few $$$ on the first day, but at least it isnt negative so far.

Man the techs got crushed. I go to work on my property and I come back to a bloodbath. Some of these stocks really got kicked hard today..even with the market only down 1% or so. Wild beta stocks can eat you alive.

I will add to SONS if we get a monster dump in the AM..which I think we could get..it hasnt been often that we close on our a$$es like we did today..good sign for a lower open tomorrow.

Mary, sorry about DFIB..maybe tomorrow??

Need about 2 days more of this on a few of my favs and I will be loading the cart...

See you later..hope it wasnt too bad of a day.

savage1
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Wallstreet-you are aware that Ty Gaston answered your post?
I am trying to make him look like a fool if you read today's posts;folks/con artists like that need to be exposed.

wallstreet
03-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Savage,

Yeah..I saw that and I keep reading your going back and forth with him..but like I said in my last reply, I wont waste anymore time talking to him.

We both know that only two things would stop him from the way he acts.. prison or death..and I cant see either one happening.

I have to agree with what he said, that the more we kick him, the more he gets attention and the more people will call him out of curiousity.

I would let him go, it isnt worth your time nor mine. I do like the back and forth you do with him, he shows in most every post what a bafoon he is.

I gotta keep to my guns and my post and not jump on top.

I was THIS close to slamming the Sports Dipster today though, with his phony 10000000 star game..what a fraud and a horrible person.

savage1
03-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Wallstreet-Ty alleges 34 people I believe he said from bettorschat signed up for his service-yeah right!
If that were true(he might have had 1 or 2 out of curiosity), then someone would have stepped forth to defend him out of all those 80 posts.
I wonder how he will come back when I called him for using the word "bitch" to describe women.