Dr Bob 2* Minnesota
Lee, Mike 6* Portland
Neri, Mike Opinion-Minnesota, Portland
Power Plays 3* Minnesota, Portland

4breakout
11-11-2002, 09:08 PM
drbob writeup

**Minnesota (+8 points or more) 88 SAN ANTONIO 89
San Antonio is not really playing that well, despite their 4-2 record. The Spurs have played one of the easiest schedules in the league, as I rate all 6 of their opponents to be worse than average (including the Lakers and Portland) and those opponents combine for a record of just 9-32 on the season. Minnesota is not playing their best either, but they have beaten a few good teams and my ratings would make the line on this game +5 1/2, rather than +8. If the line stays at 8 or higher, the Spurs would qualify in a negative 19-52-2 ATS big home favorite situation that plays against teams laying this many points if they are coming off a horrible home performance. Minnesota is also coming off a home loss, but the T'Wolves are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 road games after a home loss and they are generally good in their first road game after some time at home. In fact, Minnesota is 20-7 ATS on the road after 2 or more home games, including 16-3 ATS if they are not laying 4 points or more. I'll make Minnesota a 2-Star Best Bet at +8 points or more and will consider the Wolves a Strong Opinion if the line is lower than +8 points.