PDA

View Full Version : mnf picks for 11/4>>>

nyc dude
11-04-2002, 07:25 PM
5* DOLPHINS +5

this is a tough one for me because i'm a huge dolphin fan.

However, there are some things i just can't ignore. There seems to be a huge "fairy tale" snow job going on here. Yes it's Brett Farve, and yes it will be cold, and yes it's MNF and yes it's Lambeau field.

The only tangible point from above is Brett Farve. No doubt a great QB, one of the best of all time. However, he wil be wearing a brace on his left knee. I don't care who you are, if you have never worn a brace (i have!) it takes time to get used to and manipulate.

Further GB has problems on the OF line. Their center moves to LT to protect Farve's blind spot from Jason Taylor! Frank "antique" Winters will be playing center. So you have a QB not 100% and a new center. Miami also rotates 8 defensive lieman to stay fresh.

On the dolphin side not having Fiedler hurts. However, Lucas can't play any worse than he did a few weeks ago. Also both Miami starting WR's were out. Tonight Chambers is back and the just signed Chris Carter (a wildcard). Also, Ricky Williams should be sharp coming off the bye week and the dolphins get back T Mark Dixon, one of their better run blockers.

The Pack's defense, already a little suspect, is also nicked up a bit! Donald Driver also does not scare Surtain and Madison!

Don't get me wrong, this will be a very tough game for Miami to win. However, the win at Denver proved they can win against a good team in a tough environment. Five points is too much to lay
against a good team, despite all the "fairy tales"!