PDA

View Full Version : All i want for Christmas (Sports Edition)

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 05:19 PM
JOIN IN!!!!!!!

I'll start ...

All i want for Christmas is Mark Teixeira in a Red Sox uniform! :please2:

MarkLemke
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM
All i want for xmas is for Auburn to make the "right" choice in hiring a football coach!!!

mark30
12-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Eagles Super Bowl

BillMill71
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
The Yankees to sign

Lowe AND
Sheets or Burnett AND
Texiera AND
A CF (Cameron?) AND
Relievers AND
Some more hell we just got rid of $88 M and only added Sabathia

The Knicks

Continue the salary dump but this time for draft picks to be ready when Lebron and Wade or Bosh come in 2010

The Jets

To win on Sunday versus the Bills and make the playoff's

The Rangers

Who cares about Hockey Santa??

jmarty6969
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
all i want for christmas

is for marvin lewis to be fired

shoeman530
12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
All I want for Christmas is...

Baylor in a bowl game next year. Not too much to ask for after 15 years or so!

They were very much improved this year but only 4 wins to show for it.

kbsooner21
12-11-2008, 05:33 PM
National Championship #8

BOOMER!!!

BillMill71
12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
A drink after Stoops loses another bowl game

BOOMER!!!

Yeah understand

flarendep1
Ravens to beat the Steelers Sunday

hokie99
JOIN IN!!!!!!!

I'll start ...

All i want for Christmas is Mark Teixeira in a Red Sox uniform! :please2:

Funny thing is I want the same thing...Except in a Nats uniform!:red:

kbsooner21
12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Ravens to beat the Steelers Sunday

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jmarty6969
12-11-2008, 05:39 PM
National Championship #8

BOOMER!!!

theres a shocker:red::red::red:

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 05:43 PM
The Yankees to sign

Lowe AND
Sheets or Burnett AND
Texiera AND
A CF (Cameron?) AND
Relievers AND
Some more hell we just got rid of $88 M and only added Sabathia

The Knicks

Continue the salary dump but this time for draft picks to be ready when Lebron and Wade or Bosh come in 2010

The Jets

To win on Sunday versus the Bills and make the playoff's

The Rangers

Who cares about Hockey Santa??

Sorry Bill, Santa said only "1" request. His sled is not that big! :red: :red:

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Santa, if I can be somewhat selfish and ask for K Rod AND JJ Putz for my Mets...thank you Santa!!!

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Santa, if I can be somewhat selfish and ask for K Rod AND JJ Putz for my Mets...thank you Santa!!!

DAMN, Santa...you sure work fast! Thanks!!!!

bryce
12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Going out on a limb---I wish the Cincy Reds to be competitive and have a shot at a play-off this year. Its been to long.

kbsooner21
12-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Dumbass :red: :red: :red:

bryce
12-11-2008, 06:03 PM

:threadjacked:

meaiken
12-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Jets to win the East and Pats to fail to make the playoffs.

Mets to get Lowe

Gators to win the BSC Champ

To hit a Pick 6

Broncos to win the Super Bowl.

meaiken
12-11-2008, 06:15 PM

I think Darek Lowe would be a good fit in a Mets uniform, and a good price.

peave
12-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Closer for the Cardinals not named Izzy.

DDP713
12-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Dodgers & Manny Ramirez together forever ... or for someone to drop a bomb on the new yankee stadium

meaiken
12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Dodgers & Manny Ramirez together forever ... or for someone to drop a bomb on the new yankee stadium

Don't want a terrisest attack but it would be nice if it just collopsed for some reason

savage1
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
My wish is that there would be more players like Mike Lowell who realize that happiness, success and being liked by your teammates is a lot more important than having their agent try to extort every last cent on the open market simply to inflate their ego and put a few extra unneeded dollars in their pockets to go play somewhere else when they already have more than they can ever spend in their lifetimes.
In this poor economy and in the interest of the fans, if there were some way to cap salaries and stop this out-of-control madness, I would enthusiastically applaud it.

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
My wish is that there would be more players like Mike Lowell who realize that happiness, success and being liked by your teammates is a lot more important than having their agent try to extort every last cent on the open market simply to inflate their ego and put a few extra unneeded dollars in their pockets to go play somewhere else when they already have more than they can ever spend in their lifetimes.
In this poor economy and in the interest of the fans, if there were some way to cap salaries and stop this out-of-control madness, I would enthusiastically applaud it.

I don't know how to break this to you but Lowell took the best deal he could get. Philly was sniffing around with him but nobody else really offered Lowell anything. If someone else trumped Boston, trust me, he wouldn't be here. If you want to talk about guys and state what you did, Wakefield would fit that profile to a tee. He doesn't even look at other teams and he takes DIRT CHEAP contracts ... year after year after year.

frankb03
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
All I want for Christmas......

TO to go celebrate Xmas with Plaxico at Latin Quarters. Then have Plax shoot TO in the leg over a disagreement about who's the bigger asshole.

seaofred
12-11-2008, 08:47 PM
all i want for christmas is

for the PITTSBURGH PIRATES to have a winning season

savage1
12-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't know how to break this to you but Lowell took the best deal he could get. Philly was sniffing around with him but nobody else really offered Lowell anything. If someone else trumped Boston, trust me, he wouldn't be here. If you want to talk about guys and state what you did, Wakefield would fit that profile to a tee. He doesn't even look at other teams and he takes DIRT CHEAP contracts ... year after year after year.

In all due respect, I distinctly remember reading last year that Lowell could have received more money with the Yankees and perhaps another team but turned it down to stay in Boston.
He even admitted in so many words that his happiness in Boston was more important than taking more money.
You are quite right regarding Wakefield.

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM
All I want for Christmas......

TO to go celebrate Xmas with Plaxico at Latin Quarters. Then have Plax shoot TO in the leg over a disagreement about who's the bigger asshole.

I would pay to see this! :red: :red:

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
In all due respect, I distinctly remember reading last year that Lowell could have received more money with the Yankees and perhaps another team but turned it down to stay in Boston.
He even admitted in so many words that his happiness in Boston was more important than taking more money.
You are quite right regarding Wakefield.

savage, The Yankees had no need/place for Lowell. They were simply trying to drive the price up for Boston and those talks were never serious and NY never even offered him a contract. As far as the other team goes, the only one i heard about was Philly and they ended up balking in the end because of his age and injury issues. :)

savage1
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Wayne-I am not going to argue-I know what I read-the man also wrote an inspirational book A Deep Drive: A Long Journey to Finding the Champion Within-this is NOT the mercenary kind of a guy who would go to the highest bidder-trust me-that is not his mindset.
If you want to think differently, thats your choice.

mavskidd02
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
For the Braves to get Jake Peavy!!

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Wayne-I am not going to argue-I know what I read-the man also wrote an inspirational book A Deep Drive: A Long Journey to Finding the Champion Within-this is NOT the mercenary kind of a guy who would go to the highest bidder-trust me-that is not his mindset.
If you want to think differently, thats your choice.

savage, please, you are making me ill. Take off your Red Sox goggles for a minute. It's not my opinion, it's a fact. You make Lowell out to be some great guy who did us a favor by coming back and playing for peanuts. The fact is, he's the 3rd HIGHEST paid player on this club behind Drew and Ortiz. He makes 4 times more than Youk, 2.5 times more than Pedroia (Even after the new contract), 1.5 times more than Dice-K and 2.5 Million more than Beckett. Pedroia just won the freakin' MVP and he signed for 1/2 of what Lowell is making. Maybe you should have put Pedroia's name in place of Lowell. His would fit there much better too. You are in love with Lowell and always have been. That's great, but please, don't act like he did anyone any favors with his contract. Look around, he's getting more than most. :dontknow:

savage1
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
savage, please, you are making me ill. Take off your Red Sox goggles for a minute. It's not my opinion, it's a fact. You make Lowell out to be some great guy who did us a favor by coming back and playing for peanuts. The fact is, he's the 3rd HIGHEST paid player on this club behind Drew and Ortiz. He makes 4 times more than Youk, 2.5 times more than Pedroia (Even after the new contract), 1.5 times more than Dice-K and 2.5 Million more than Beckett. Pedroia just won the freakin' MVP and he signed for 1/2 of what Lowell is making. Maybe you should have put Pedroia's name in place of Lowell. His would fit there much better too. You are in love with Lowell and always have been. That's great, but please, don't act like he did anyone any favors with his contract. Look around, he's getting more than most. :dontknow:

You are missing the point Wayne-I simply stated that unlike Manny, Pedro, etc., he chose to stay in Boston even though he could have got more money elsewhere.
He realized he had enough for the needs of himself and family and didn't need a few extra million.
He put his happiness and the overall level of comfort of himself and family first.
I am sure if I go over to the Red Sox Forum or check the archives of the papers last year, I can prove to you that he was in fact offered more money but turned it down for the reasons stated.
Haven't you ever heard the guy talk? He isn't coming from the same place as the real mercenaries. Doesn't the title of the book he wrote indicate where he is coming from or did he write that only to get more money?
Come on-Lowell is a cut above many of the others out there;he is very intelligent and obviously very philosophical.
I may just go out and buy this book and quote some passages to show you what he is about.

IceInVein
12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
wizards to sign a scoring big man
redskins to get some speed on the outside alongside moss/ passprotecting OLine
Ovechkin to stay FOREVER
Orioles to make the playoffs

can you tell im a MARYLANDER????

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 09:30 PM
You are missing the point Wayne-I simply stated that unlike Manny, Pedro, etc., he chose to stay in Boston even though he could have got more money elsewhere.
He realized he had enough for the needs of himself and family and didn't need a few extra million.
He put his happiness and the overall level of comfort of himself and family first.
I am sure if I go over to the Red Sox Forum or check the archives of the papers last year, I can prove to you that he was in fact offered more money but turned it down for the reasons stated.
Haven't you ever heard the guy talk? He isn't coming from the same place as the real mercenaries. Doesn't the title of the book he wrote indicate where he is coming from or did he write that only to get more money?
Come on-Lowell is a cut above many of the others out there;he is very intelligent and obviously very philosophical.
I may just go out and buy this book and quote some passages to show you what he is about.

I'm not missing the point savage. Read your original post in this thread. It was all about the money with Lowell and if you want to talk about Boston, Money and Players, Lowell is about 22nd on that list. You love him and always have. That's great but don't make him out to be what you are because he is not. Pedroia didn't even want to test Free Agency or wait for more money. HE wanted to stay and his contract shows it. Lowell's contract does not. I'm just saying, if you want to mention guys who took alot less to stay and play in Boston, Lowell's name is not that high on the list.

I would dump that contract in a heartbeat if they could. It's a business savage and it works both ways. I like Lowell too but his injuries scare me and many others on this team are worth alot more than him that are making alot less.

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Savage, when you are fucking Lowell in the ass, do you pull out?:red::red::red:

I will never begrudge a player for getting as much money as he can. NEVER! There careers are too short to ever fault them for taking the money...and is it their fault that the owner's will give it to him?

And you know what...how are the Sox going to thank Mike Lowell for a hometown discount? By talking to Texeira and then giving Lowell a one way ticket out of town to East Bumfuck. Thanks for leaving money on the table Mike, but we are shipping you out! BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAH!!!

While it was a nice gesture by Lowell, he and Wake and Tom Brady are few and far between and to hate others for taking the money is shortsighted, imo. I just wish one guy, like Sabathia, will stand up at the podium and say he took the money, and not say they always wanted to be a Yankee, it is a dream come true,.....

weazel079
12-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Misty May's stocking :xmas:

kbsooner21
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
:red: :red: :red: :red:

molta02
12-11-2008, 09:42 PM
screw all this fan stuff.

all i want for xmas is teams i bet on to make their free throws!

weazel079
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Misty May's stocking :xmas:

I think JC may be jealous. I'll leave Misty's trash can for him.

savage1
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm not missing the point savage. Read your original post in this thread. It was all about the money with Lowell and if you want to talk about Boston, Money and Players, Lowell is about 22nd on that list. You love him and always have. That's great but don't make him out to be what you are because he is not. Pedroia didn't even want to test Free Agency or wait for more money. HE wanted to stay and his contract shows it. Lowell's contract does not. I'm just saying, if you want to mention guys who took alot less to stay and play in Boston, Lowell's name is not that high on the list.

I would dump that contract in a heartbeat if they could. It's a business savage and it works both ways. I like Lowell too but his injuries scare me and many others on this team are worth alot more than him that are making alot less.

Its a matter of opinion;I used Lowell as an example because of what he has said in interviews and because he could have received more money before signing the three year contract; will just have to disagree on this because you think no one else wanted him, whereas I remember distinctly reading otherwise.
To play Devil's Advocate, do YOU think he would have gone to another team last year without batting an eyelash if he was offered a few milion dollars a year more? I say NO for the reasons I stated.
Also, regarding your last paragraph, surely you cannot mean his value at least in regard to the 2007 season.
Without him I seriously doubt that they would have won the WS.

savage1
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
To take this a step further and getting back to my original post, I would simply like to see more players like Lowell, Wakefield and Pedroia realize that plenty of money is nice, but when you already have that, overall happiness which includes many other things shoud be one's driving force rather than simply trying to accumulate more money simply to satisfy one's ego.

savage1
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Savage, when you are fucking Lowell in the ass, do you pull out?:red::red::red:

I will never begrudge a player for getting as much money as he can. NEVER! There careers are too short to ever fault them for taking the money...and is it their fault that the owner's will give it to him?

And you know what...how are the Sox going to thank Mike Lowell for a hometown discount? By talking to Texeira and then giving Lowell a one way ticket out of town to East Bumfuck. Thanks for leaving money on the table Mike, but we are shipping you out! BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAH!!!

While it was a nice gesture by Lowell, he and Wake and Tom Brady are few and far between and to hate others for taking the money is shortsighted, imo. I just wish one guy, like Sabathia, will stand up at the podium and say he took the money, and not say they always wanted to be a Yankee, it is a dream come true,.....

I sure as hell agree with you on your last sentence.

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
What did Pedroia do that you guys think is so honorable? He isn't eligible for FA until 2013.

savage1
12-11-2008, 10:44 PM
What did Pedroia do that you guys think is so honorable? He isn't eligible for FA until 2013.

My bad-you are correct-I just accepted Wayne's contention about Pedroia's being happy in Boston without considering the entire situation.

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Also, regarding your last paragraph, surely you cannot mean his value at least in regard to the 2007 season.
Without him I seriously doubt that they would have won the WS.

savage, It's 2008 and soon to be 2009. I could care less what he did in 2007, today. I'm thinking about next year and Boston would be a MUCH BETTER team with Teixeira here and Lowell gone.

frankb03
12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Only Savage can turn a thread that was intended on being fun into a argumentative cluster fuck.

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 10:55 PM

He signed a longer term contract (Just like Longoria did), instead of being a FA sooner and going for the cash. You also don't ever see a League MVP sign a new deal after winning the Award for what, 6.75 million a year? That is nuts!

They saved on his arbitration years and 2 years in which he would have been a FA. They also have a team option for 2015. It was a GREAT contract from the Red Sox point of view and the fans too. :)

PhilJr
12-11-2008, 10:57 PM

My wish is that interleague will finish 50/50 in 2009 and then there will be no clear cut winner for the world series

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Only Savage can turn a thread that was intended on being fun into a argumentative cluster fuck.

savage wants to Star in "Indecent Proposal 2" with Mike Lowell. He seriously loves him that much! :red: :red:

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 11:06 PM
He signed a longer term contract (Just like Longoria did), instead of being a FA sooner and going for the cash. You also don't ever see a League MVP sign a new deal after winning the Award for what, 6.75 million a year? That is nuts!

They saved on his arbitration years and 2 years in which he would have been a FA. They also have a team option for 2015. It was a GREAT contract from the Red Sox point of view and the fans too. :)

I agree that its a great deal for both Pedroia and the Sox (and the fans) but I am not so sure I see it the same way as you as being a great sacrifice by Pedroia. Yes, he gave up 2 yrs of FA but gained 6 yrs of financial security that he wouldn't have if he didn't sign the contract. His only other alternative was to go to salary arbitration each year and he would basically be playing for his contract every year. He had a great year and I hope he is around for 10 more yrs, but he could have a crap year or two, or get hurt and because of his tenure, he would have nothing in the bank. What the Sox did is not unusual for young potential superstars (as you mentioned, Longoria was another recent long term signee).

Look at Youk. He is up for arbitration (I would expect the Sox to lock himk up too) and he will get a huge bump from his $3 million. But if he had a crap year, he would get dinged pretty hard in arbitration.

seaofred
12-11-2008, 11:09 PM

you said it frank,im sorry i posted in it now:dontknow:

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 11:11 PM
savage wants to Star in "Indecent Proposal 2" with Mike Lowell. He seriously loves him that much! :red: :red:

:red::red::red::red:

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 11:12 PM
My wish is that interleague will finish 50/50 in 2009 and then there will be no clear cut winner for the world series

:red::red::red::partying:

wayne1218
12-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I agree that its a great deal for both Pedroia and the Sox (and the fans) but I am not so sure I see it the same way as you as being a great sacrifice by Pedroia. Yes, he gave up 2 yrs of FA but gained 6 yrs of financial security that he wouldn't have if he didn't sign the contract. His only other alternative was to go to salary arbitration each year and he would basically be playing for his contract every year. He had a great year and I hope he is around for 10 more yrs, but he could have a crap year or two, or get hurt and because of his tenure, he would have nothing in the bank. What the Sox did is not unusual for young potential superstars (as you mentioned, Longoria was another recent long term signee).

Look at Youk. He is up for arbitration (I would expect the Sox to lock himk up too) and he will get a huge bump from his $3 million. But if he had a crap year, he would get dinged pretty hard in arbitration.

My point to savage was simple though 3J. If you asked the other 29 teams who they would take if they could have Pedroia at 6.75 per year or Lowell at 12.50 million per year, who do you think all 29 would choose?

You said he had a great "Year" but really, he has had 2 great years in 2 years of play. In 2007 he was a Rookie and a big part of a WS Winner and he wins Rookie of the Year. In year 2 he Wins the League MVP, the Gold Glove and a Silver Slugger Award. This guy has done ALOT in just 2 years and that contract was a steal for Boston. If savage talks about any contracts in Boston as being great deals, Pedroia's should top the list. That's all i'm saying. Where is the love for Dustin? You know?? :)

Three Jack
12-11-2008, 11:19 PM
My point to savage was simple though 3J. If you asked the other 29 teams who they would take if they could have Pedroia at 6.75 per year or Lowell at 12.50 million per year, who do you think all 29 would choose?

You said he had a great "Year" but really, he has had 2 great years in 2 years of play. In 2007 he was a Rookie and a big part of a WS Winner and he wins Rookie of the Year. In year 2 he Wins the League MVP, the Gold Glove and a Silver Slugger Award. This guy has done ALOT in just 2 years and that contract was a steal for Boston. If savage talks about any contracts in Boston as being great deals, Pedroia's should top the list. That's all i'm saying. Where is the love for Dustin? You know?? :)

I agree and the contract was great for Boston...some risk but still a very good contract for both...and like you mentioned, The Nation as well! :red::red:

zeib10
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Dear Santa,
I have been a very good boy this year and here is my list:

1- McNabb to be traded for a #1 pick in the offseason
2- The Eagles to lower ticket prices
3- The Phillies to lower beer prices
4- Suzy Kolber to "interview" me
5- Erin Andrews to watch # 4
6- I win at least 1 NCAA Bracket in 2009
7- I win any 1 of Wayne's pools
8- The Phils repeat
9- Mr. Lurie hires Pat Gillick as GM
10-A NCAAFB Playoff ASAP

That's all Santa,

Merrry Christmas

savage1
12-12-2008, 12:30 AM

I simply expressed an opinion about a question-it was guys like YOU who turned it into something argumentative not I!

savage1
12-12-2008, 12:38 AM

It is great deal for the Red Sox for sure and just shows you how good a GM Theo is to get that deal done as opposed to the lunacy and stupidity of (Unlimited) CASH(man) who is competely clueless as to how to wisely spend his money with CC being the latest example.

wayne1218
12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
It is great deal for the Red Sox for sure and just shows you how good a GM Theo is to get that deal done as opposed to the lunacy and stupidity of (Unlimited) CASH(man) who is competely clueless as to how to wisely spend his money with CC being the latest example.

After Burnett signs, it will be 1/4 Billion spent on 2 players! :crazy:

savage1
12-12-2008, 12:41 AM

Im totally applaud Pedroia for what he did! More players should think along the same lines, and it would be better for all except some of the despicable and greedy agents.

wayne1218
12-12-2008, 12:45 AM

Plus you have Arod signed for another 1/4 Billion. That is 1/2 Billion dollars guaranteed to 3 players! :red: :red:

savage1
12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Plus you have Arod signed for another 1/4 Billion. That is 1/2 Billion dollars guaranteed to 3 players! :red: :red:
And if they don't win the WS, then what? Perhaps they will exhume and sign Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle, Cy Young, Ted Williams(his head anyways), and a few others and of course bring back Casey Stengel or perhaps Billy Martin to manage them;assuming that these guys wouldn't know what the going price is today, you could probably sign all of them at bargain rates.

savage1
12-12-2008, 01:22 AM
My second wish is that Yankees sign Barry Bonds;they could probably get him for "chump change"(on Yankees scale) at 10 million or so for one season as insurance to win the WS in case CC doesn't live up to expectations.

savage1
12-12-2008, 01:59 AM

The philosophy of simply signing and building your team around good players from teams which never win doesn't always work out as the Yankees have found out since 2000.
I will be very much surprised if the Yankees run away and hide this year no matter how many free agents they sign;spending a lot of money may get you a very fine house or car but it doesn't guarantee a championship team;there are simply too many variables and intangibles to make it that easy.

Dat Boi E
12-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Dear Santa,

Please let tha Rockets get/stay healthy and bring tha championship back to Houston! Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping::partying::clapping:
thnx, E!

illjaunt
12-12-2008, 02:47 AM
All I want for christmas is....

Celtics championsip
Cowboys championship(trade T O)
Ncaaf playoff
Redsox championship

Celtics86
12-12-2008, 06:00 AM
All I want for Christmas is

for Tim Tebow to get his neck broken in the 1st quarter, and for neither team to win the game.

jmarty6969
12-12-2008, 09:09 AM
all i want for christmas is plexico burress micheal vick and terrel owens to be in same correctional facility lmao

Three Jack
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM

for Tim Tebow to get his neck broken in the 1st quarter, and for neither team to win the game.

Wow, that's harsh. I woul dbe very surprised if Santa granted this wish!

jcindaville
12-12-2008, 10:27 AM
For Christmas

Fire Kragthorpe, call Bobby Petrino and give him whatever he wants to come back

jcindaville
12-12-2008, 10:28 AM

Kinda hateful there buddy. He is a pretty good guy, cant imagine whatever he did to you.

Three Jack
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
One last wish...that JC would stop changing avatar's every single day!

vols fan
12-12-2008, 10:38 AM
All I want for Chistmas is:
1.The Falcons to make the playoffs
2.Monte Kiffin to come coach with Lane
3.Dale Jr to win the Championship next year.
4.T.O. to retire because word leaked out that he's gay
5.And most important,A PLAYOFF in college football

Thats not asking much is it.:red:

kbsooner21
12-12-2008, 10:53 AM

Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit huh Celtics? :dontknow:

vols fan
12-12-2008, 10:58 AM

:red: I would feel that way if it was Notre dame vs USC playing but Fla and OK are two very good respected programs.Tebow and Bradford are both class acts IMO.

Bill the Thrill
12-12-2008, 11:08 AM
All I want for Christmas is for the Texas Rangers' Mgmt. to realize that to win you need PITCHING:scream:

On second thought, forget it Santa - you aint God and it would take a miracle for that to happen. I'll just have the usual: A SHIRT AND A PIECE OF ASS:red:

***THA FIX***
12-12-2008, 11:19 AM
The whole Athletic Department at AUBURN FIRED!!!

BettorsChat
12-12-2008, 11:22 AM
A Time Machine to go back in Time

BillMill71
12-12-2008, 12:23 PM
A Time Machine to go back in Time so I can make sure I effectively clean up the crime scenes of my victims

Wow

garth
12-12-2008, 12:48 PM
National Championship #8

BOOMER!!!

ditto!

Celtics86
12-15-2008, 03:28 AM

Yeah, I guess I would want Florida to win........

And speaking of pieces of shit, if someone took all the sewage in the world and homogenized it so that it would not have any truly original thoughts or ideas of his own, only regurgitated the post-denominational protestant bullshit jingoism, judgments and talking points............BAM!! We would have KB.....

meaiken
12-15-2008, 07:07 AM
All I want for Chistmas is:
1.The Falcons to make the playoffs
2.Monte Kiffin to come coach with Lane
3.Dale Jr to win the Championship next year.
4.T.O. to retire because word leaked out that he's gay
5.And most important,A PLAYOFF in college football

Thats not asking much is it.:red:

Your pushing it with #5 here

vols fan
12-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Your pushing it with #5 here

I know,but it would be nice.1 and 2 ain't looking bad though.Falcons beat the bucs in OT and Kiffen told the Bucs he wouldn't be back next season:partying::partying::partying:

myrjimmy3
12-15-2008, 02:19 PM
all i want is for Dick Juron to be fired and the Bills hire bill cower to relace him!

WayneChung
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Is Jeff fisher to bring the field goal kicker out when he's supposed too !!

Three Jack
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Only to be shown how appreciated it is by this! Thanks Mike!!!

The Boston Herald reports the Red Sox are offering 1B Mark Teixeira "a likely eight-year contract worth somewhere between $145 [million] and $175 million, possibly more. That may or may not be enough to get Teixeira to agree, [because] he is currently believed to be weighing an eight-year offer worth an unknown amount from the Angels, an eight-year offer from the Nationals worth $160 million, and a seven-year offer from the Orioles for $150 million."

mavskidd02
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow, that's harsh. I woul dbe very surprised if Santa granted this wish!

Yeah, I guess I would want Florida to win........

And speaking of pieces of shit, if someone took all the sewage in the world and homogenized it so that it would not have any truly original thoughts or ideas of his own, only regurgitated the post-denominational protestant bullshit jingoism, judgments and talking points............BAM!! We would have KB.....

Laughing my mother fucking ass off.

WayneChung
12-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettorsChat
A Time Machine to go back in Time so I can make sure I effectively clean up the crime scenes of my victims
billmill ure a maniac-LMFAO !!

savage1
12-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Only to be shown how appreciated it is by this! Thanks Mike!!!

The Boston Herald reports the Red Sox are offering 1B Mark Teixeira "a likely eight-year contract worth somewhere between $145 [million] and $175 million, possibly more. That may or may not be enough to get Teixeira to agree, [because] he is currently believed to be weighing an eight-year offer worth an unknown amount from the Angels, an eight-year offer from the Nationals worth $160 million, and a seven-year offer from the Orioles for $150 million."

Only a mercenary moron would choose to go to the shitty Nats or Orioles for a few million dollars more over the Red Sox or Angels.
ps In keeping with my beliefs, I don't think Sox should chase this guy at any cost;he won't hit 1000 and drive in 300 runs, and if it comes down to it, there are worse possibilites than having Mike Lowell around for a while longer.
ps If forced to choose though between spending the same amount of money on Teixeira or ANY pitcher out there, I would take him in a heartbeat.

ELJUGO
12-16-2008, 01:09 AM
All I want for xmas is for Al fucking Davis to let go...

savage1
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM
All I want for xmas is for Al fucking Davis to let go...

What a LOSER he is!!!