PDA

View Full Version : Bodog and different lines?

MtrCtyPimp
01-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Did you guys know that Bodog gives everyone different lines.....a friend of mine just told me he played E Ill at a +1 and Irvine at a +1' when I got E Ill at a pk and Irvine a +1 and I told him thats not possible until we opened our browsers at the same time and read of the lines to eah other and noticed that on a quite a few we had different numbers.....I had heard of this but did not know this

PEACE

tash
01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Sounds pretty crappy to me... I only use local .

bryce
01-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Did you guys know that Bodog gives everyone different lines.....a friend of mine just told me he played E Ill at a +1 and Irvine at a +1' when I got E Ill at a pk and Irvine a +1 and I told him thats not possible until we opened our browsers at the same time and read of the lines to eah other and noticed that on a quite a few we had different numbers.....I had heard of this but did not know this

PEACE

I have heard this shit with on line books---profiling their players--

garister
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
That sucks they must be looking at your betting patterns b4 giving u the lines.

my buddy bets totals a lot and finds his different than mine and we used fidelity.

birdog
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM

PEACE
Yes and so do a few other books they track what you most likely play dogs or favorites and adjust the lines a little. So if you like to play dogs you lines would be geting less points but if you were a fav player you would have to lay the extra .5 or point. I found this out two years ago and asked a Manager at a book why I wasnt geting the same line as my buddy. After much arguing he then told me

molta02
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I have heard this shit with on line books---profiling their players--

bingo. bodog profiles their dog players especially, either juicing the side of diff line.

joshuab1
01-10-2008, 10:21 PM
why dnt u sign on as guest check out the line then sign on w your real username and see if the line changed..thats so shaddy!

weazel079
01-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Never liked that book. They have a computer program that tracks your plays and picks up your trends and puts you in a certain profile. Always wondered why I was viewing the lines then when I logged in they would change on me. Also lots of times when I would place a bet before I hit accept, the line would change against me.

aplous
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
They do it 100%.......I've seen it w/ them for sure.

Thats why they are the shittiest, squarest book on the net. Only reason they have business is b/c their poker site is one of the best, and depositing/withdrawing cash is so damn easy. Right in/out of checking account like paypal.

jordanrules23
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
wheres Monte on this??

grandmama
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
i noticed this last year when I signed in on my lap top, and pulled up the site on my home computer. Some of the lines were 1-2 points off, but I guess they know I played a lot of SEC dogs, and all the dogs were at -120 or -125. I hate that site, and I will not go back. They also never have money lines.

tech fan
01-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Skybook Does This As Well

BettorsChat
01-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Great book for dogs period!

frankb03
01-11-2008, 04:00 PM

PEACE

He should check out the lines before he logs on. Then I'd call and question them.

Spearit
01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
see below

Spearit
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Never liked that book. They have a computer program that tracks your plays and picks up your trends and puts you in a certain profile. Always wondered why I was viewing the lines then when I logged in they would change on me. Also lots of times when I would place a bet before I hit accept, the line would change against me.

Ronnie- Yes- It is called profiling. It is why I left Bodog!
They would continually say a line has changed when I put in the bet- I stopped accepting what they were handing out after a loss by 1/2 point that they took from me in hoops! I later asked on another site and was clued in!
It was the best decision I have made!

sp0ngerb0y
01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
They do this often but I found that if you call in your bet over the phone (can't place bets at work...too risky) they will usually give you the same line before you log in. Don't like the fact that they do this but sometimes I'll find out that I'll get better lines than my friend.

MtrCtyPimp
01-11-2008, 08:39 PM
He should check out the lines before he logs on. Then I'd call and question them.

To be honest I think they have me by my IP as I tried this

PEACE

mackenzi25
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I also have noticed this but it sure took me awhile. I disagree that there poker site is good. I played there for quite sometime and think there poker software is somewhat suspect. It might just be the type of players there but there sure seem to be alot of 'bad beats' and large pots. I try not to think it is Bodog trying to screw you but you have to wonder with how often a A high flush loses on the river to a runner, runner full house. The other terrible thing is no money lines and they won't let you buy points. You think the vig would be enough for them but they want every advantage. That is why I got out, and I would encourage others to do the same. Not worth it with other, better sites out there.

MtrCtyPimp
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I also have noticed this but it sure took me awhile. I disagree that there poker site is good. I played there for quite sometime and think there poker software is somewhat suspect. It might just be the type of players there but there sure seem to be alot of 'bad beats' and large pots. I try not to think it is Bodog trying to screw you but you have to wonder with how often a A high flush loses on the river to a runner, runner full house. The other terrible thing is no money lines and they won't let you buy points. You think the vig would be enough for them but they want every advantage. That is why I got out, and I would encourage others to do the same. Not worth it with other, better sites out there.

Its a good book to have as n extra out but not an only outlet....I wondered why I used to play many more plays there and then slowly I started playing less games and thats because they were moving lines on me

PEACE

MtrCtyPimp
01-12-2008, 03:50 PM
But a huge key with Bodog also is you know you will get your cash and will get it quick and thats a must

PEACE