PDA

View Full Version : To all those who follow Homer's Plays..

The Lovedoc
01-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I just got off the phone with him and he wont posting plays for a while... I will let everyone know what happened at a later time. He says thank you to all who wished him GL in his threads.

bryce
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
:angry3: That SUX--hope everything is OK!

wayne1218
01-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks for leaving us hanging Doc .........

Chado1
01-08-2008, 10:31 PM
At a later time...:red:

KazDog
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
WTF? Homer is one of the best cappers here. That's a real loss. Very humble about it as well. Was it something we said, or didn't say? I suppose Jmarty is gone too? Oh well....life goes on as they say! Sometimes this place is like grade school.

KAZ :shootme:

weazel079
01-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Hope everything gets better Homer. We'll miss you.

Chado1
01-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Hope everything is well homer....best wishes pal!!!

The Lovedoc
01-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok guys..i'm back.. Had to take care of some business on my end. Here is the deal.

Can u say Enron??? Yeah, thats exactly what happened to Homer. With close to 1000 people at his job got the hook today without any notice. It came to everyone as a shock. So he has to figure whats best for him and his family and this forum is just not right for him at this time. I pretty sure he will come back but it wont be for many months.

wayne1218
01-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Wasn't Enron years ago? I'm confused.

joshuab1
01-08-2008, 10:50 PM
so basically he used to post his plays from work...wish him the best finding a new job

The Lovedoc
01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Wasn't Enron years ago? I'm confused.

Yes my friend..... He got layed off. The whole company filed for chapter 7... Everyone got the word not to come into work tomorrow or ever again. His wife only works part time and without his income its gonna make things a hell of a lot tougher

TMAC951
01-08-2008, 10:52 PM
so basically he used to post his plays from work...wish him the best finding a new job

No.. From what im getting out of this is the man got fired from his job today for no reason.. if you dont have a job your family is more important than this site and betting.. Smart move.. Take care of what ya have to Homer!

The Lovedoc
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
No.. From what im getting out of this is the man got fired from his job today for no reason.. if you dont have a job your family is more important than this site and betting.. Smart move.. Take care of what ya have to Homer!

Bingo

jt4545
01-08-2008, 11:00 PM
enron, i lost my ass in stock along with worldcom i had most of my eggs in that basket, they both suck!! hope Homer gets a better Job take care and keep your head up buddy, please keep in touch.

TMAC951
01-08-2008, 11:05 PM
im talking with him now on yahoo instant messenger.. he said that if anyone wants the whole story go to this link.. this is the company that he works for..

http://www.filmmakermagazine.com/blog/2008/01/breaking-news-axium-payroll-shuts-down.php

rocko
01-08-2008, 11:11 PM
MAN THIS REALLY REALLY SUXSSS I FEEL FOR HIM BIGGGG TIME I MYSELF HAVE BEEN THREW THIS BEFORE I JUST THANK THE LORD THAT IT HAPPEN BEFORE I HAD KIDSSS AND ALSO was a big reason i went in business for myself, what company did he work for????CAN U SAY??

WELL HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING FORSURE,I MYSELF RESPECT HIM FOR THAT CAUSE SOME GUYS WOULD DO THE OPPSITE AND TRY TO GAMBLE MORE TO TRY TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT THERE LOSING AT HIS JOB,IM THINKING ABOUT QUITING MYSELF WHEN MY 3RD CHILD COMES,JUST THINK I MIGHT NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS
ANYHOW PLEASE TELL HOMER HE WILL BE MISS AND I WHISH HIM NOTHING BUT THE BEST OF LUCK
GLLLL PLEASE KEEP US INFORM
GETER DONE PEACE

Spearit
01-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Thats upsetting to me not to have him around. I wish you and your family the very best Homer. Your timely threads/posts were a true joy!

MtrCtyPimp
01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Hope ya get things squared away quckly pal.....thats much more sereous than posting some plays....I wish you luck

PEACE

rocko
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I WOULD BE TRYING TO GET MY 401K OUT OF THERE BEFORE THEY TAKE THAT FROM YA OR FREEZE YOUR ACCOUNT,, WAS JUST READING your thread about your job WHAT A SHAME, MAN IM SO SORRY, BUT TRY TO GET YOUR 401K BEFORE THEY FREEZE IT JUST TRYING TO HELP GLLLLL TO U AND YOUR FAMILY KIT...........GLLL

WayneChung
01-09-2008, 12:01 AM
MUCH REGARDS BROTHER,we never chatted much but i always respected his capping,and so did a lot of other people-LOL,anyway,you send him ole chungers best,hang in there bro,you can overcome,i had a business go under in the 80's and another in the 90's,you just have to keep on keeping on,MUCH LOVE CHUNGER !!

soupman
01-09-2008, 12:05 AM
take care and best of luck to you and your family

baseballdave
01-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Man that sucks. Lovedoc or TMAC or whoever talks to Homer, tell him my prayers will be with him and his family. He is doing the right thing - family first. Bounce back strong buddy !!!
dave

Homer
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Doc thanks for posting this for me to let everyone know. Why I haven't posted any plays for the last couple days.

I was driving to my sons hockey game last night and we got this lovely email handed out to all employees.

All offices will be closed tomorrow don't bother coming in the office. We will update everyone in the morning.

I worked for ECG which is a division of Axium. They bought us around eight months ago and sucked all the money out of our division and then took all the companies money out of the accounts in the Middle of December and claimed Bankruptcy Chapter 7 today.

Tell us your all getting nothing and by the way you just worked for us for the last week and a half for free. You won't be recieving a paycheck for that time.

I have to work on getting a new job. I won't just post plays to post them. I only post plays I really like and I play myself.

With that being said I'm not in the right mind set to cap games right now and I don't want to use money to play on games I need to use else where for my family.

Rocko - Your dead on with the 401k plans all of us have been all of the company to open them up so we can withdraw that money as soon as possible.

I'm sorry everyone I don't have the time to crap the games and post. Once I get everything settled and find a new job. I will be back to posting. I will stop by and say hi once in a while.

I have been kicked in the Nuts before in my life but I will to be honest this one is way up there on the list.

Talk to everyone later.

bryce
01-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Doc thanks for posting this for me to let everyone know. Why I haven't posted any plays for the last couple days.

I was driving to my sons hockey game last night and we got this lovely email handed out to all employees.

All offices will be closed tomorrow don't bother coming in the office. We will update everyone in the morning.

I worked for ECG which is a division of Axium. They bought us around eight months ago and sucked all the money out of our division and then took all the companies money out of the accounts in the Middle of December and claim Bankruptcy Chapter 7 today.

Tell us all your getting nothing and by the way you just worked for us for the last week and a half for free. You won't be recieving a paycheck for that time.

I have to work on getting a new job. I won't just post plays to post them. I only post plays I really like and I play myself.

With that being said I'm not in the right mind set to cap games right now and I don't want to use money to play on games I need to use else where for my family.

Rocko - Your dead on with the 401k plans all of us have been all of the company to open them up so we can withdraw that money as soon as possible.

I'm sorry everyone I don't have the time to crap the games and post. Once I get everything setting and find a new job. I will be back to posting. I will stop by and say hi once in a while.

I have been kicked in the Nuts before in my life but I will be honest it one is open there.

Talk to everyone later.

Sorry to hear this Homer--I wish you the best--I really do--GOOD LUCK! Hope you find something real soon!

KazDog
01-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Good luck man....Tough times right now for a lot of people with the current administration. Hopefully things will turn in '08. Take care of the family and good luck on the new job hunt. Things happen for a reason and maybe this will lead you to newer and better things down the road....I for one, will miss your picks!

KAZ

live jive
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
man thats shitty homer best of luck to u and the fam u seem like a great guy im sure u find good job....tony montana was right when he said, u know what capitalism is ?? gettin fucked!

tech fan
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM

I worked for ECG which is a division of Axium. They bought us around eight months ago and sucked all the money out of our division and then took all the companies money out of the accounts in the Middle of December and claimed Bankruptcy Chapter 7 today.

Tell us your all getting nothing and by the way you just worked for us for the last week and a half for free. You won't be recieving a paycheck for that time.

I'm sorry everyone I don't have the time to crap the games and post. Once I get everything settled and find a new job. I will be back to posting. I will stop by and say hi once in a while.

I have been kicked in the Nuts before in my life but I will to be honest this one is way up there on the list.

Talk to everyone later.

SORRY TO HEAR THIS BUDDY BUT WE ARE HERE TO HELP.IF YOU EVER NEED A PICK ME UP OR FEELING DOWN STOP BY FOR A COUPLE MINUTES.YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY FIRST OF ALL.SOMETIMES YOU NEED A LITTLE ENCOURAGEMENT AND THATS WHAT WE CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH.HOPE THINGS GET BETTER FOR YOU SOON

ULikeApples
01-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey homer, not sure if you'll read this or not, but I feel for you. Where do you live and what did you used to do for the payroll company? I work for ADP, but in the dealer services part, not the employer services (i.e. payroll). I can gladly see if there are any job openings out there that would fit your skills and put in a resume for you. Feel free to get my email address if you want to contact me that way, or if I don't see it here. Best of luck!!!!

Dennis14072
01-09-2008, 08:40 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers, hope the next place you wind up is the best ever!

Spark
01-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Son, You have my phone number and addy ... use it if needed ... Stay Strong ...

jcindaville
01-09-2008, 10:05 AM
bol Homer, we here will be praying and hoping you find a good job soon

FB Coach13
01-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Homer, hope evrything will turn out for the best stay strong and the best of luck

kbsooner21
01-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hear this Homer. Wish you nothing but the best buddy. Good luck on your job search.

garth
01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Wow, that is a kick in the nuts. Take care of yourself and your family, Homer. Hope you're able to find something soon.

TheRook
01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I know we talked last night before this was all posted, but still seeing it here in the forum after the fact is just numbing.

I know we'll talk throughout this process and you know how I feel, but you know i'm rooting for you, praying for you and will do all I can to help.

love ya soccer bitch, talk to you soon.

john

hokie99
01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Been down this road before myself (last summer actually) and its no fun at all but everything happens for a reason. I ended up in a much better job a couple months later. Keep your head up buddy and it'll work out great.

Eagle
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Good luck Homer. I hope everything turns out well for you. Your a class act and a great handicapper. Good Luck

Eagle

vols fan
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Good luck Homer

PhilJr
01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Doing the right thing Homer, best of luck

10DimeBry
01-09-2008, 12:30 PM
homer,

so sorry to hear this news. I really dont know what to say. I will call you today. I hope you find something else really soon. You are a good friend to me and if I can help in anyway I will.

Bryan

BettorsChat
01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Hey homer, not sure if you'll read this or not, but I feel for you. Where do you live and what did you used to do for the payroll company? I work for ADP, but in the dealer services part, not the employer services (i.e. payroll). I can gladly see if there are any job openings out there that would fit your skills and put in a resume for you. Feel free to get my email address if you want to contact me that way, or if I don't see it here. Best of luck!!!!

I just forwarded your post and e-mail address to Homer in case he didn't see the post on here.

Homer I hope you find a new job fast that's better than the one that you had.

GL,
Monte

Celtics86
01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Homer, you are one of my favorites and I am hoping everything gets right for you as soon as possible....Good Luck.

drugstuntman
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
stay strong homer....I had a similar situation where I got laid off a few months back after a student loan company used us to make a killing and then jetted off to another city while leaving us hanging - and with a ton of controversy in the industry...you seem to have your priorities in line, so best of luck

***THA FIX***
01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Best of luck HOMER. Will keep you and your family in mind.

bwade210
01-09-2008, 04:34 PM
My prayers are with you and your family And I know that you will come out of his for the better my friend! PM me if there is anything that I can do.

jmarty6969
01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
love ya buddy i know we will get u a job real soon............we knew this could happen and it still sucks bad....i feel for u buddy and u know that....................but we will find u a better job with a better company..............god bless ..........will call ya tonight and every night

kaz i uselly only leave in the summers here kids baseball and softball keeps me running in circles

KazDog
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=jmarty6969]love ya buddy i know we will get u a job real soon............we knew this could happen and it still sucks bad....i feel for u buddy and u know that....................but we will find u a better job with a better company..............god bless ..........will call ya tonight and every night

kaz i uselly only leave in the summers here kids baseball and softball keeps me running in circles[/QUOTE

Welcome back you tool....:red: :red: :red:

KAZ

jmarty6969
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
he said please email him apples and if u need to get ahold of him dont call his cell phone its like getting ahold of spark useless

moondog22
10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Any update on how Homer is doing?