PDA

View Full Version : Kaptains "Gettin OVER Play" for tonight

Kaptain
01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
tonight I have one play...........

489/490 BG/Tulsa OVER 77....................................7*

No D on either side.....Tulsa has most potent Offense in NCAA FB this year........Is also QB Smith's last day in a TU uniform, and he's not far behind the 5000 yard mark in passing.......They'll turn him loose in the hi powered no huddle offense.....

BG QB is no slouch either....expect the ball to be in the air a lot, a ton of foirst downs, thus ttopping the clock, with a lots of scores also, and the game will appear long, and will be hi scoring..........

GMAC Bowl

Bowling Green (8-4 SU, 7-4 ATS) vs. Tulsa (9-4 SU, 4-9 ATS)

How they got there:

While many believe the GMAC Bowl is just a filler game for the primetime BCS National Championship, two high powered offenses might just squeeze out some excitement come Sunday night.

Bowling Green finished the regular season with a 5-1 SU and ATS record, with four consecutive victories coming down the stretch in November. Heading into the postseason for the first time in three years, the Falcons took a momentum fueled win from Toledo on Nov. 23 by the score of 37-10.

Providing much of the spark for Bowling Green’s successful season in 2007 was generated directly from the passing game. Ranked 19th in the nation through the air, quarterback Tyler Sheehan is the catalyst for the high flying Flacons.

It’s been quite some time since the Falcons made a Bowl appearance. You have to turn the pages back to 1994 when Bowling Green blew out Memphis (ironically in the GMAC Bowl) by the whopping score of 51-10.

Tulsa looked to be in primetime real estate to take the Conference USA Championship after finishing 2007 strong with five straight wins against the likes of Army and Rice. However, a blowout loss against Central Florida (44-25) was a sobering feeling in the C-USA title game.

The Hurricane resembles Bowling Green in many aspects, the most obvious coming from the passing department. Given much credit to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahan and his hurry up offense, Tulsa accounted for a total of 542.5 YPG [COLOR="red"](best in the nation). Again, mirroring its opponent this Sunday, the defense has been an abomination. Giving up 35.4 PPG and 469 total YPG, the Golden Hurricane has suffered the brunt of the storm coming from the other end of the tunnel.

What to expect:

All arrows point to another shootout in the GMAC Bowl, which has witnessed a combined average of 65.8 PPG since its inception in 1999. Both squads fire the football from the hip, keying on wide outs and utilizing check-offs when the heat in the kitchen gets too hot for the slingers.

Yes, Bowling Green can show signs of a secondary ready and willing to stop the pass game (holding teams to 286.8 YPG through the air), but there’s been too many times that the offense has had to come to the rescue.

Tulsa does hold a large edge in the run game, putting together 37.8 YPG more then its rival Bowling Green. But don’t look for either team to drain much time off the clock by pounding the ball up the middle in this contest.

With a total set at 77 by most books and the history of both squads to lift off through the pass, how can we not expect anything less then one high scoring affair in Mobile, Alabama?

Players to watch:

Bowling Green – Led by QB Sheehan (3,123 passing yards with 23 touchdowns), the energized offense observed great production from wide receivers Freddie Barnes (891 receiving yards, nine scores) and Marques Parks (360 yards, five end zone trips). Pay close attention to RB Anthony Turner, who might not be the most superior rusher, but is dangerous in short passing situations.

Tulsa – As we continue on this offensive journey, the Golden Hurricane will use its No. 1 weapon in the nation’s leading touchdown passer, Paul Smith. Going yard for 4,753 with 42 trips into the end zone (a total of 54 TDs if you add up his 11 rushing scores), Smith has enjoyed the cohesion he has with the trio of WRs Brennan Marion, Trae Johnson and FB Charles Clay (all combined to finish off 2007 with 3,238 yards receiving, while crossing the plain 28 times).

BOWLING GREEN
TULSA ............................Weather
Sun 8:00 p.m. ET PARTLY CLOUDY. SOUTHEAST WIND 8-13 65 degrees
Lock and Load----kapt :clapping:

bryce
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Good luck tonight KAPT---been looking at this periodically throughout the day....

Dat Boi E
01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
good luck tonight, Kapt'n!

drugstuntman
01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I agree kap - not much defense tonite

rob91480
01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
gl tonight kapt

Chado1
01-06-2008, 07:14 PM
BOL with the over tonight Kapt!!!

garth
01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I like the call, Kaptain. I just have trouble pulling the trigger on an over that high. Too many things can derail it....not these two defenses, though. I may take the points in this one. Good luck, my friend.

myrjimmy3
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
gl kapt!

libertypl
01-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Love it Kapt. BOL to ya pal.

rocko
01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
GLLLLLLLLL WISE KAPTIAN U THe MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WITH A GREAT PLAN HEHE
GETER DONE PEACE

flarendep1
01-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I think it is the right call, BOL.

Luv2BetAnything
01-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Bunch of luck Kap!!!

3ebRocks
01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I agree with you and am on it also, but I have to admit that 77 point overs scare me because BOTH teams have to do it. Overs in the low sixties can still allow for a one sided game in college ball because we are all accustomed to seeing 56-10 and 56-14 type scores. But if this game is one sided we gotta get like 66-13. So, guess what I am saying is, hopefully it isnt one-sided and goes exactly how Kap says.

joshuab1
01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
KAPT, u like over 77 better or over one of the team totals??

over/under 41.5 tulsa
over/under 37 BG

kbsooner21
01-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Best of luck Kapt! Thanks :D: I'm gonna tail you on it

BigWeiner
01-06-2008, 09:02 PM
good luck kapt

MtrCtyPimp
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Hope Im no jinx.....I followed blindly

PEACE