PDA

View Full Version : keep Imus job.....

jordanrules23
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
cant wait to see all the Democracks come out of the woodwork to get the guy fired......lol....

GOLDENGREEK
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I Have No Problem With What The Guy Said, But I Always Hated Him Because Of His Fued With Howard Stern. I'm A Stern Fan !

zittiboy
04-09-2007, 05:34 PM
i have no problem with what he said whatabout what charles barley said while still playing b-ball (while being asked about groupies during the '95 season) thats why i had all you white ppl)

zittiboy
04-09-2007, 05:35 PM
and iam a democrate

RDOG55
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
how can you call a team "nappy haired hoes" and expect to keep your job?

GOLDENGREEK
04-09-2007, 05:55 PM
how can you call a team "nappy haired hoes" and expect to keep your job?
FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

Kaptain
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

This is 2007.....but Freedom of Speech will not let that go by....totaly derogatory statement.....when you can't play Amos and Andy on TV, or they even say showing Uncle Remus in a story "Song of the South", is demeaning, what in the hell do you think that is....

Course you being an admirer of the Fruit Cake "Howard Stern" explains a hell of a lot to me....Stern, who makes a living ridiculing people, in a harsh and demeaning way....what a loser as a human being he is....

GL to ya Greek, you're gonna need it....IMO....kapt

st bobby
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
What pisses me off is he said this a week ago. He appologized for it it should be done. If it was a black announcer saying that about a a white team/player there would have never been such a big issue. Its a week old and people are just now starting to complain more and more.

GOLDENGREEK
04-09-2007, 06:14 PM
This is 2007.....but Freedom of Speech will not let that go by....totaly derogatory statement.....when you can't play Amos and Andy on TV, or they even say showing Uncle Remus in a story "Song of the South", is demeaning, what in the hell do you think that is....

Course you being an admirer of the Fruit Cake "Howard Stern" explains a hell of a lot to me....Stern, who makes a living ridiculing people, in a harsh and demeaning way....what a loser as a human being he is....

GL to ya Greek, you're gonna need it....IMO....kapt

ITS COMEDY KAPT - HE MAKES ME LAUGH. ARE THE 20 MILLION PEOPLE A DAY THAT LISTEN TO HIS SHOW ALL SICK HUMAN BEINGS LIKE ME? I'M SURE YOU HAVE SOME BELIEFS, HOBBYS, AND ADMIRERS THAT WOULD MAKE ME SHAKE MY HEAD AT BUT I WOULDNT SAY IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM. WHATS REALLY FUNNY IS THAT IF ONE OF YOUR "BUDDYS" FROM THE FORUM ADMITED THEY WERE HOWARD STERN FANS YOU WOULDNT HAVE SAID A PEEP, BUT I GUESS I HAVE A BULLSEYE ON MY BACK. GOOD DAY TO YOU AND GL ..SEEMS YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT ALSO...IMO ....GG

Kaptain
04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
ITS COMEDY KAPT - HE MAKES ME LAUGH. ARE THE 20 MILLION PEOPLE A DAY THAT LISTEN TO HIS SHOW ALL SICK HUMAN BEINGS LIKE ME? I'M SURE YOU HAVE SOME BELIEFS, HOBBYS, AND ADMIRERS THAT WOULD MAKE ME SHAKE MY HEAD AT BUT I WOULDNT SAY IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM. WHATS REALLY FUNNY IS THAT IF ONE OF YOUR "BUDDYS" FROM THE FORUM ADMITED THEY WERE HOWARD STERN FANS YOU WOULDNT HAVE SAID A PEEP, BUT I GUESS I HAVE A BULLSEYE ON MY BACK. GOOD DAY TO YOU AND GL ..SEEMS YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT ALSO...IMO ....GG

Get over your self pity attitude.....and the Idea that myself or others are aiming at you.........If you can come in here, " a public forum", and state your opinion re "Fredom Of Speech", and then state in a "Public Forum", that you are a "Howard Stern" admirer, then I can readily reply to such and give my opinion as you did yours....

20 million admires for "Howard Ster", could possibly mean 20 milllion, sick, or "not all there", or "cruel comedy" lovers.....IMO....I have never liked anyone who makes a living ridiculing and making a mockery of others....

And to answer your question re, had it been some one else, would I have made the same reply....Maybe not quite the same reply, but they are not on a self pity trip as you seem to be.....

You are a "Contrarian"....your picks show that, your arguementative personality displays that, and every reply you make in here, enhances that.......

Could have been Monte, Wayne, my man Spark, LSU fan, or any other one that I like, and I would have said something to them also.....

and as far as your good luck wish to me, and saying I'm gonna need it, thanks a lot.....I'm pretty secure with myself, and not always looking over my shoulder as you are to see who is applauding me, agreeing with me, or further more, feeling sorry for me, cause the whole world (Forum) is against me....

You "Reap what you Sow", and you certainly have planted many an untasteful seed in this Forum IMO......you have a nice day GG....for once in your sad life.....kapt

PS---would you know how to appreciate a good day (not related to gambling), if you ever had one.....I'm rooting for you to get there....

Ldawg
04-09-2007, 06:48 PM
cant wait to see all the Democracks come out of the woodwork to get the guy fired......lol....

..... heard he got a Job offer over at Jimmy the Greeks ...capping over/unders on UFO's and he got Howard Cosell's old desk .

:welcome:

Lsufan
04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I Love Nappy Haired Hoes!!!!

Signed,

LoveDoc

Kaptain
..... heard he got a Job offer over at Jimmy the Greeks ...capping over/unders on UFO's and he got Howard Cosell's old desk .

:welcome:
:red: :red: :red: Now that is funny :red: :red: :red:

:clapping: :partying: :clapping:

Lsufan

Signed,

LoveDoc

Me Too.

Signed,

Wayne1218745357983

TwoTonTony
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
was it a stupid comment? yes....should he be fired? that would probably be up to the sponsors who i am sure jesse jackson and sharpton will hold hostage once again with boycotts. I wish sharpton were held to the same standard as well as JJ.....Twana Brawley case......HymieTown for Jesse......I think people are waaaaay too sensitive......Now he is going to go grovel and beg to understand the black community......fuck that.....That will not change anything at all.... I would never have said something so stupid and do not believe in categorizing people...especially young girls.....anyways i never could stand the guy

twr108
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM

Good job Greek, I am a Stern Fan also. For old-heads like Captain, his humor is not funny. For any other person in the world, it is. Important part in bold, IMO. Have a good day.

twr108
04-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Of course, Howard Stern knows how to make money. He's been doing it for over 20 years now. People like Marilyn Manson, Snoop Dogg, NWA, Metallica, Dave Chapelle, etc. know how to make money. If they didn't, this thread would not exist.

GOLDENGREEK
04-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Good job Greek, I am a Stern Fan also. For old-heads like Captain, his humor is not funny. For any other person in the world, it is. Important part in bold, IMO. Have a good day.
Dosent matter if the KAPT is old on not. Everydody has diffrent beliefs, lifestyles, sense of humor, etc. For him to point me out after 5 people made a comments prior to me proves I have a bullseye on my back. I know he is a long time friend of Chuck also. What is absolutely hilarious is that he bases what type of person I am ,and what type of life I have by the way I handicap games. That is absolutely hilariously ridiculous.

savage1
04-09-2007, 10:19 PM
was it a stupid comment? yes....should he be fired? that would probably be up to the sponsors who i am sure jesse jackson and sharpton will hold hostage once again with boycotts. I wish sharpton were held to the same standard as well as JJ.....Twana Brawley case......HymieTown for Jesse......I think people are waaaaay too sensitive......Now he is going to go grovel and beg to understand the black community......fuck that.....That will not change anything at all.... I would never have said something so stupid and do not believe in categorizing people...especially young girls.....anyways i never could stand the guy

You and I are on the same page here.
To me while I think the remarks were unfortunate, it dwells in importance with some of the other international issues of the day, some of which could threaten our very existence!

jordanrules23
04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
arent their white girls on Rutgers? I think they have dreads as well, i dont hear any collation of whites bitching and moaning....

wayne1218
04-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Imus suspended for 2 weeks starting Monday.

TwoTonTony
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
i really think the point is that you can not scare people into believing something by firing....this will only suppress the feelings...not change them....I think America's thinking is changing...maybe not fast enough but scare tactics are not the answer....I listened to sharpton and imus and i laugh at both.....Sharpton made a point to say that if a black said it they would be fired....I do not know if that is true....barkley says what he wants.....michael irving said what he wanted.....many athletes say what they want...isiah thomas for instance.....I think what he said is very bad since we admonish people for being in the street and not bettering themselves and clearly these girls are in school and trying to better themselves....but let us not forget that the rap community devalues the black woman much more and with this venom being spread into mainstream (audience is hugely white kids) the attitude is pervasive so i think the problem is widespread and i do not buy the fact since they are black that they can say things derogatory cuz it is a black thing......i think it is a human value issue

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 06:51 AM

Wrong----first of all, it's Kaptain with a "K"....Old heads like the Kaptain....could be right there....maybe because we were taught respect for other people....old school....and as far as your reference to "had other people said it", I've already answered it.....Don't give a dman who said it, it's wrong and derogatory..........

We have come a long ways towards fighting racism, and a comment like that can stir it up again....Had that been a "Black Man", saying "a bunch of Bleached Cracker Cunts", about somw whit girls, I'd be saying the same thing.....

I'll keep my OLD morals and beliefs, and the rest of the world can enjoy ass holes like Imus and Stern.....It's a free country........You're entitled to your opinion, cause that's what Our Soldiers "die for".....Freedom.....kapt

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 06:54 AM
arent their white girls on Rutgers? I think they have dreads as well, i dont hear any collation of whites bitching and moaning....

Break down his comment, and you tell me how you get a reference about a white girl there..........that's why you don't hear any comments from them, it wasn't directed at them....

Read, comprehend, and retain what you read, before making comments that are irelevant.....kapt

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Dosent matter if the KAPT is old on not. Everydody has diffrent beliefs, lifestyles, sense of humor, etc. For him to point me out after 5 people made a comments prior to me proves I have a bullseye on my back. I know he is a long time friend of Chuck also. What is absolutely hilarious is that he bases what type of person I am ,and what type of life I have by the way I handicap games. That is absolutely hilariously ridiculous.

Thank you for the opening sentence in your post.....then you go downhill....

back to me pointing you out.....I rest my case once again....it's all you apparently see....The world against you....no bullseye my man, just insecurity on your part...

Hilarious, that I base my opinion of you and your life by the games you cap, would be true, had I done that, but I based em on your non sports comments, and the way you react to others....Not capping........

What is ridiculous though, is me wasting my time, to try and change the spots on a Leopoard.......

I'm through with this conversqtion, as it's going no where, and can only cause deeper problems....

You, Jordan, and twr, carry on with your lives, and I'll carry on with the little bit that's left to mine..........kapt

jcindaville
04-10-2007, 07:42 AM

Signed,

LoveDoc

So true:red: :red:

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 07:52 AM

Once again I agree with ya.....This fueled the fire for Sharpton and Jackson, who sit in the wings waiting for these kind of events...........What he said was stupid and demeaning, and he should pay some kind of price for it........

People are way toooooooo sensitive about a lots of things.....agreed........but this is a sensitive subject.......we're at war OverSeas, don't need an internal one in the USA.........

Senseless comment, much like a first grader talking in class, after the teacher said sshhhhhhhhhhh....Now there must be some raimifications involved, or rules mean nothing.....IMO....and I also never did like the guy, he or Howard Stern.....Jackson and Sharpton fit this category of mine also....

What a wonderful world, we can all disagree in our own way.......Each person is entitled to his/her own opinion, and I certainly have mine.....Old School, as they say....Kapt

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Do i think racism is used and pro-longed by many who point to it every time something doesn't go their way? No doubt, athletes are famous for it at times. Do i think racism still exists in many people's brains? No doubt ... But i also think we have come a LONG WAY since a black lady took a seat on a bus too.

If my daughter went to Rutgers and played top level college basketball while getting a degree and i heard that ... Would i be pissed off and hurt by the comments? No doubt about it. There are white woman out there doing alot less with their lives that don't get commented on in this world.

Do i think he should be fired? No way. Freedom of speech built this country and we should accept each person for their thoughts and opinions as their own and their right to have them but it's easy to say it isn't a big deal by a few in this thread for one reason ... IT DOESN'T AFFECT THEM!

Alot of people would look at things differently in this country/world if they treated things as if it happened to one of their own and not a stranger. Maybe they should try to remember that the stranger is somebody's "Own" before they blow it off as nothing.

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Two things i find very interesting with this story is that the College he commented on is in the actual State he does his broadcast from. The 2nd thing is that Stern says much worse on his program daily but hears nothing because it is satellite radio. I have Sirius radio and trust me, what Imus said, is nothing compared to Howard on a daily basis. Maybe Imus needs to hit the Satellite scene i guess.

rwall
04-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I truly don't have a stong opinion either way on this.
I can understand both sides.
What I am uncomfortable with is the statements that the girls were hurt by the words. I'm sure after hearing an old white guy saying something stupid like this on the radio they decided to press play on their cd and listened to some moronic rapper tell stories about slapping hoes and bitches, selling drugs and killing people.

BUT that's not offensive.

I don't care for Imus, he shouldn't have been fired. The suspension was appropriate IMO.

jcindaville
04-10-2007, 08:52 AM
What I am uncomfortable with is the statements that the girls were hurt by the words. I'm sure after hearing an old white guy saying something stupid like this on the radio they decided to press play on their cd and listened to some moronic rapper tell stories about slapping hoes and bitches, selling drugs and killing people.

I don't care for Imus, he shouldn't have been fired. The suspension was appropriate IMO.

Wally i couldnt agree more. If anyone listens to today's rap music and a woman of any race doesnt find that offensive then nothing should offend them.

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 09:04 AM

I'm not saying they were "Hurt" per say physically or emotionally but think about it. First off, if they don't make the title game you probably never hear the comments and second, when you are a little "Down" after losing that game, the last thing you want to hear from a very popular radio host in your own state is that you are nappi headed ho's/whores. It simply put, isn't right and to say it isn't a little hurtful to be singled out in the national spotlight in this way instead of being on his show for their accomplishments instead ... Is very embarrassing (IMO).

gbell
04-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Break down his comment, and you tell me how you get a reference about a white girl there..........that's why you don't hear any comments from them, it wasn't directed at them....

Read, comprehend, and retain what you read, before making comments that are irelevant.....kapt

I don't think the comment was irrelevant.Do only colored people now own the words "nappy-headed ho"? Can't a ho be white? Can't a white person have nappy hair? How many white women are on the team? And who from the team has even responded to the words and confirmed they were offended and hurt? It seems like everyone is being offended and hurt for them.

savage1
04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Imus suspended for 2 weeks starting Monday.

The only sure thing is that no matter whose side you are on here, the 2 week suspension in actuality is a token punishment, as Imus is filthy rich and will not miss the money; he probably will enjoy having a "free" vacation.
The decision means about as much as fining Marc Cuban a couple of hundred grand for badmouthing an official if you catch my drift.
None of above reflects my own opinion regardig the matter, as I think I have already made it clear in a previous post;I am just pointing out that the decision seems to be a wavering and feeble attempt to please both sides.

gbell
04-10-2007, 09:37 AM
girls affected by the comments[/B].

I could be wrong here but is there any confirmation that the "girls" (of which I assume you are only referring to the colored ones) were "affected?"

gbell
04-10-2007, 09:39 AM
The only sure thing is that no matter whose side you are on here, the 2 week suspension in actuality is a token punishment, as Imus is filthy rich and will not miss the money; he probably will enjoy having a "free" vacation.
The decision means about as much as fining Marc Cuban a couple of hundred grand for badmouthing an official if you catch my drift.
None of above reflects my own opinion regardig the matter, as I think I have already made it clear in a previous post;I am just pointing out that the decision seems to be a wavering and feeble attempt to please both sides.

I think it is meant to buy some time and see if things rightfully blow over. Do you think he should be fired? What deciision would you have come up with since you don't like this one?

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't think the comment was irrelevant.Do only colored people now own the words "nappy-headed ho"? Can't a ho be white? Can't a white person have nappy hair? How many white women are on the team? And who from the team has even responded to the words and confirmed they were offended and hurt? It seems like everyone is being offended and hurt for them.

They are holding a press conference about it so what does that tell you.

savage1
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I think it is meant to buy some time and see if things rightfully blow over. Do you think he should be fired? What deciision would you have come up with since you don't like this one?
As I said in another post, I think there are issues happening in the world way, way more important, which involve human lives and ultimately could decide the fate of the human race. If say I was forced to choose simply between firing him and say simply issuing a simple rebuke I would choose the rebuke. Words cannot kill you or physically harm you even if they were ill advised and should not have been uttered in the first place.
Lets leave it at that.

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 09:51 AM

I said that the posters comment was irrelevant.........and also referenced that it could have been reversed, and made at white women..........My point is, either way, it's uncalled for, deragatory, and demeaning.......

Freedom of Speech was meant for talking freely about opinions.....Not making demeaning comments.....thus you have a thing in court called "SLANDER"...........

and yes, I am offended and hurt for them, as they were playing a BasketBall game, this bufoon made this comment......

Also remember, these girls are in College, bettering their education, to better themselves, and our Country.....

Did they deserve this.....IMO....NO.....do White girls have Nappy Hair, and are referred to as Hoes, you betcha.....Is that what he meant, I don't think so.....Just listened to him on NBC, and he said himself, after 35 years, he should have known better, and he shouldn't have said it, and he would try and curtail his remarks in the future....

He himself admitted "he was wrong", so how can you justify saying you're right.....

You're entitled to your opoinion, as I am mine.....I think that this kind of BS talking is disgusting, sickening, disheartening, and sad.........You may say there is a place for this kind of talk, I don't see where, and damn sure not on National TV (Radio)....kapt

wayne1218
I could be wrong here but is there any confirmation that the "girls" (of which I assume you are only referring to the colored ones) were "affected?"

Do you think the white girls are walking around going "Well, he wasn't talking about me". NO. I'm sure they are all friends on the team and if he called a team of all white girls "HO'S" i would react the same way and say it's wrong. Do i hate him or think he should be fired for it? No.

jt4545
I Could Care Less About What People Say! I Just Know If Someone Said Something Wrong, And It Don't Effect Me Or My Family How Can That Hurt Anything? I Say It's Just Words, I Don't Care If Someone Calls Me A Cracker. Or Uses The "n" Word I Could Care Less, Is That Going To Kill Me Or Put Me In The Hospital, No Remember This Anyone " Sticks And Stones Will Break MY Bones, But Words Will Never Hurt Me!!!!! I Always Wonder Why People Get So Upset About Words. I Just Try To Live And Let Live, Now If Someone Hits Me Then I'll Do Something Or If Anyone And I Mean Anyone Said My Gumbo Was Not The Best They Ever Tasted, I Would Kick Their Ass, Love You Guys, New Week Lets Win Some More $$$$$$$$$$.

gbell
04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
They are holding a press conference about it so what does that tell you.

I know. It's TOMMOROW. What does that tell you that nearly a week and a half AFTER the comment from Imus comes a statement. Safe to say all the hoopla is causing this statement as one would think if they were affected SO badly, a statement would have been issued immediately. Some pictures of them crying on the basketball floor too for more dramatic effect wouldn't hurt either!

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I know. It's TOMMOROW. What does that tell you that nearly a week and a half AFTER the comment from Imus comes a statement. Safe to say all the hoopla is causing this statement as one would think if they were affected SO badly, a statement would have been issued immediately. Some pictures of them crying on the basketball floor too for more dramatic effect wouldn't hurt either!

The coach did issue a statement, days ago. Where were you and why do the girls need to respond right away to tell us the obvious, it's wrong, when the man who said it, admitted that himself?

gbell
04-10-2007, 09:56 AM
I said that the posters comment was irrelevant.........and also referenced that it could have been reversed, and made at white women..........My point is, either way, it's uncalled for, deragatory, and demeaning.......

Freedom of Speech was meant for talking freely about opinions.....Not making demeaning comments.....thus you have a thing in court called "SLANDER"...........

and yes, I am offended and hurt for them, as they were playing a BasketBall game, this bufoon made this comment......

Also remember, these girls are in College, bettering their education, to better themselves, and our Country.....

Did they deserve this.....IMO....NO.....do White girls have Nappy Hair, and are referred to as Hoes, you betcha.....Is that what he meant, I don't think so.....Just listened to him on NBC, and he said himself, after 35 years, he should have known better, and he shouldn't have said it, and he would try and curtail his remarks in the future....

He himself admitted "he was wrong", so how can you justify saying you're right.....

You're entitled to your opoinion, as I am mine.....I think that this kind of BS talking is disgusting, sickening, disheartening, and sad.........You may say there is a place for this kind of talk, I don't see where, and damn sure not on National TV (Radio)....kapt

I never said he comment was appropriate or acceptable. He said he was wrong, he said he was sorry. The first (wrong)probably is to appease the corporate sponsors and the second(sorry) maybe he truly feels. I was referring to your comment about it being inapporiate for the poster to have brought up white women.

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I Could Care Less About What People Say! I Just Know If Someone Said Something Wrong, And It Don't Effect Me Or My Family How Can That Hurt Anything? I Say It's Just Words, I Don't Care If Someone Calls Me A Cracker. Or Uses The "n" Word I Could Care Less, Is That Going To Kill Me Or Put Me In The Hospital, No Remember This Anyone " Sticks And Stones Will Break MY Bones, But Words Will Never Hurt Me!!!!! I Always Wonder Why People Get So Upset About Words. I Just Try To Live And Let Live, Now If Someone Hits Me Then I'll Do Something Or If Anyone And I Mean Anyone Said My Gumbo Was Not The Best They Ever Tasted, I Would Kick Their Ass, Love You Guys, New Week Lets Win Some More $$$$$$$$$$.

One question. If someone referred to your daughter using those words on national radio, you wouldn't be bothered or affected by it ... or at least feel for her? I find that hard to believe. I guess i would think of the people it does affect before making comments like that on national radio but that's just me.

gbell
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
The coach did issue a statement, days ago. Where were you and why do the girls need to respond right away to tell us the obvious, it's wrong, when the man who said it, admitted that himself?

This comment was over a week ago. They would need to respond as they are the supposed "affected" and aggreved (sp). And unfortunately I wouldn't put a lot of stock into an apology from a man with a gun to his head. I guess b/c it's "obvious" to you, everyone must have the same opinion?

gbell
04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
One question. If someone referred to your daughter using those words on national radio, you wouldn't be bothered or affected by it ... or at least feel for her? I find that hard to believe. I guess i would think of the people it does affect before making comments like that on national radio but that's just me.

So you don't like Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock, or Dice Clay?

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 10:04 AM
I never said he comment was appropriate or acceptable. He said he was wrong, he said he was sorry. The first (wrong)probably is to appease the corporate sponsors and the second(sorry) maybe he truly feels. I was referring to your comment about it being inapporiate for the poster to have brought up white women.

I still say it was inappropriate for the poster to try and elude to the fact that he meant the white women on the team.....

Who, and what do you think he meant.....Listen to the Author himself refer to his statement, and see what you get out of it, if he meant the White girls, or the Afro American girls.....

I'm not naive or gullible enough to believe it was intended for the white girls....Either way, intended for Afro Americans, or whites, Freedom Of Speech was never intended for that kind of talk.........

Freedom of Speech entitles one to voicing their opinion, was that his opinion, or a slip of the tongue (erroneous statement)...Freedom of Speech, as good as it is, still doesn't allow for deragatory/demeaning comments........

I'm through with this subject, as it has been going on for hundreds of years, and just when you think there's progress, a bufoon like this, sets it back again.....

Your opinion is yours, mine is mine, they happen to differ....

You have a nice day....I'm out on this TOPIC....kapt

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Do i think he should be fired? No way. Freedom of speech built this country and we should accept each person for their thoughts and opinions as their own and their right to have them but it's easy to say it isn't a big deal by a few in this thread for one reason ... IT DOESN'T AFFECT THEM!

All i can go by is the mans words gbell, right or wrong. It isn't my place to judge which words he says are real and which are not. Either way the comment and apology were both his. I also stated above that everyone deserves their own opinions but i guess you missed that! :dontknow:

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 10:09 AM
So you don't like Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock, or Dice Clay?

Huh? Most comedy routines have always been looked upon differently. People seem to accept it as a "Joke" going in. Right or wrong. If Chris Rock went on david letterman, sat in the seat beside dave and said ... "I think the Rutgers womans team looks like a bunch of nappi headed ho's" do i think he would have received similiar bad press? You bet. But once again gbell, IT IS ONLY MY OPINION.

savage1
04-10-2007, 10:09 AM
To change the subject slightly, I can't stand Rush Limbaugh's views.
Over his long career, I have heard remarks made by him which I intrepet as racial such statements made by him and heard by me as saying in the middle of the afternnon, "Well I guess welfare recipients are just getting up now",,or how about the way he mocked in his intonations the way in which Bill Clinton spoke when he was still President or the nasty, slur implied way in which he referred to Reverend Jackson(you have to hear the way he says it to understand what he is saying and its racial implications).
No these and other comments made by him are not as obvious as what Imus said, but anyone who has listened to this man for any period of time such as I have would see that deep down inside he is a bigot and has a condescenging attitude.
That being said, I still feel he has a right to stay on the radio, and I do listen to him (even though I think he is a racist and arrogant turd).
The whole point again is that words are words, and do not affect your safety or health;you cannot say the same about the other stuff going on in the world.

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
To change the subject slightly, I can't stand Rush Limbaugh's views.
Over his long career, I have heard remarks made by him which I intrepet as racial such statements made by him and heard by me as saying in the middle of the afternnon, "Well I guess welfare recipients are just getting up now",,or how about the way he mocked in his intonations the way in which Bill Clinton spoke when he was still President or the nasty, slur implied way in which he referred to Reverend Jackson(you have to hear the way he says it to understand what he is saying and its racial implications).
No these and other comments made by him are not as obvious as what Imus said, but anyone who has listened to this man for any period of time such as I have would see that deep down inside he is a bigot and has a condescenging attitude.

That being said, I still feel he has a right to stay on the radio, and I do listen to him (even though I think he is a racist and arrogant turd).
Question for ya----you say all this, racist and terd, then WHY ??????? do you bother listening to him.........Find something else to do....There's other people on the Radio, and TV to monitor...

The whole point again is that words are words, and do not affect your safety or health;you cannot say the same about the other stuff going on in the world.

I wouldn't waste my time listening to Limbaugh, for the exact same reasonbs you pointed out in your own post....kapt

savage1
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
QUOTE=Kaptain]I wouldn't waste my time listening to Limbaugh, for the exact same reasonbs you pointed out in your own post....kapt[/QUOTE]
In all due respect, even though I don't listen to anywhere near his entire show, I don't want to shut him out either; I do want to know his views and take on things,as much as I disagree with them.
In essence, I think that the more one hears and reads about the differing points of view of others, the more one can solidify and/or clarify his/her own point of view.
I have in reality strayed a bit from the main topic here, which is Imus's remarks;the main point I was trying to make is that people are up and arms about one racial slur and saying he should be fired.
Rush Limbaugh, while not as obvious as Imus, has been saying or in many cases implying things for many years which could be construed as racial and/or demeaning to less fortunate folks-how about the hullabaloo about Donovan McNabb or Michael Fox! He is still broadcasting and in my opinion so should Imus;if the network fired him, believe me it would be for economic/ratngs reasons only and nothing to do with what he said.

TwoTonTony
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
i just think the case would carry more weight if the charge was being led by 2 people who were not hypocritical....(sharpton and jackson) who both have been accused of the same....hymie town....let...

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Anyone watching the press conference?

jt4545
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
wayne, yes that would hurt, but why make a big fuss about it? yes what he said was dead wrong, but what can i do about it, raise hell,get mad, what good would that do? i'm saying there are a lot more things i would rather fight than someones stupid words lilke drugs, rape, too much drunk driving, child abuse, i've heard everything in my adult life, and i know of no one dying from someone's dumd stupid remarks, i've seen and heard both black and whites say things that are wrong, forget it, just feel sorry for that person, i know a lot of blacks that can't stand white people and lots of whites that hate blacks so on and so on. this world is full of hate i bet anything if everyone told the truth about their feelings about each race and i mean all races it would not be a pretty site!!!!!

savage1
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
I guess I could have summed up my overall feelings of the matter in one word-trite.

gbell
04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Anyone watching the press conference?

Playing the victom card is sad. Nice recruiting speech for Rutgers though.

BettorsChat
04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Does anyone actually listen to the guy?

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
wayne, yes that would hurt, but why make a big fuss about it? yes what he said was dead wrong, but what can i do about it, raise hell,get mad, what good would that do? i'm saying there are a lot more things i would rather fight than someones stupid words lilke drugs, rape, too much drunk driving, child abuse, i've heard everything in my adult life, and i know of no one dying from someone's dumd stupid remarks, i've seen and heard both black and whites say things that are wrong, forget it, just feel sorry for that person, i know a lot of blacks that can't stand white people and lots of whites that hate blacks so on and so on. this world is full of hate i bet anything if everyone told the truth about their feelings about each race and i mean all races it would not be a pretty site!!!!!

I actually agree. Honestly, you're right, it didn't really bother me either. I do think it was wrong to say and i do not agree with it though.

I also saw the Sharpton interview with Imus and i have to be honest again in saying Sharpton was a bigger ass and moron than Imus was in his comments. I can't stand Sharpton. He thinks he is the see all and be all and i think he is full of BS.

I also think this Rutgers press conference is way blown out of proportion. It's ridiculous to give a 2 hour speech over a stupid "Shock Jock" and one of his off the cuff comments.

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 12:07 PM

back to me pointing you out.....I rest my case once again....it's all you apparently see....The world against you....no bullseye my man, just insecurity on your part...

Hilarious, that I base my opinion of you and your life by the games you cap, would be true, had I done that, but I based em on your non sports comments, and the way you react to others....Not capping........

What is ridiculous though, is me wasting my time, to try and change the spots on a Leopoard.......

I'm through with this conversqtion, as it's going no where, and can only cause deeper problems....

You, Jordan, and twr, carry on with your lives, and I'll carry on with the little bit that's left to mine..........kapt

im not understanding something here...if your done, why in the world are you replying to this thread, you have the most replies on here, but you said you're done.....

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
im not understanding something here...if your done, why in the world are you replying to this thread, you have the most replies on here, but you said you're done.....

It damn sure isn't the first and only thing you haven't understood in this Forum........

If you use your common sense, which I'm starting to doubt you have, my last post said I was through, and then I applauded TwoTon Tony's comments.....

You are probably the most negative person on this site, bar none, and never have anything constructive to say.....You always seem to wind up in the controversial issues threads, which is probably where you should stay....

You thrive on it....You exist on it, you, in your own mind, justify your belonging to anything, by controversy....

I said I was through with this subject, and I am, but I'll never be through with arrogant losers such as you....

I'll get out of this thread, and I'll stay away from you, as I personaly don't like you, and what you stand for, IMO, and thats the one that counts for me....

You try and do the same, and leave me the hell alone....I have nothing to say to you, or the likes of you....

You enjoy yourself, and you have a nice day....kapt

savage1
04-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I actually agree. Honestly, you're right, it didn't really bother me either. I do think it was wrong to say and i do not agree with it though.

I also saw the Sharpton interview with Imus and i have to be honest again in saying Sharpton was a bigger ass and moron than Imus was in his comments. I can't stand Sharpton. He thinks he is the see all and be all and i think he is full of BS.

I also think this Rutgers press conference is way blown out of proportion. It's ridiculous to give a 2 hour speech over a stupid "Shock Jock" and one of his off the cuff comments.

Although I don't think much of George Bush, I shudder to think of the possibility of Al Sharpton as President.

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I still say it was inappropriate for the poster to try and elude to the fact that he meant the white women on the team.....

Who, and what do you think he meant.....Listen to the Author himself refer to his statement, and see what you get out of it, if he meant the White girls, or the Afro American girls.....

I'm not naive or gullible enough to believe it was intended for the white girls....Either way, intended for Afro Americans, or whites, Freedom Of Speech was never intended for that kind of talk.........

Freedom of Speech entitles one to voicing their opinion, was that his opinion, or a slip of the tongue (erroneous statement)...Freedom of Speech, as good as it is, still doesn't allow for deragatory/demeaning comments........

I'm through with this subject, as it has been going on for hundreds of years, and just when you think there's progress, a bufoon like this, sets it back again.....

Your opinion is yours, mine is mine, they happen to differ....

You have a nice day....I'm out on this TOPIC....kapt

Moron, does it not say "im out of this topic""????? you continue to be a sham to everyone but a few....your stuck in your old ass ways and have ***** blinders on, i never disrespect you in any way, you continue to do so....your a fraud on this site, i see it clearly.....

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 04:07 PM
It damn sure isn't the first and only thing you haven't understood in this Forum........

If you use your common sense, which I'm starting to doubt you have, my last post said I was through, and then I applauded TwoTon Tony's comments.....

You are probably the most negative person on this site, bar none, and never have anything constructive to say.....You always seem to wind up in the controversial issues threads, which is probably where you should stay....

You thrive on it....You exist on it, you, in your own mind, justify your belonging to anything, by controversy....

I said I was through with this subject, and I am, but I'll never be through with arrogant losers such as you....

I'll get out of this thread, and I'll stay away from you, as I personaly don't like you, and what you stand for, IMO, and thats the one that counts for me....

You try and do the same, and leave me the hell alone....I have nothing to say to you, or the likes of you....

i NEVER go into as much as read your threads, ill out KAp you anyday, go on and be a hypocrite and cry somewhere else...

kbsooner21
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Jordan, I just made you a fresh new pot....enjoy http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/images/avatars/avatar_1328.jpg

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
ahhhhh taste good..
truth hurts here in America....go press #2 for spanish

GOLDENGREEK
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM

Really Kapt ? This is what you wrote:

"You are a "Contrarian"....your picks show that, your arguementative personality displays that, and every reply you make in here, enhances that......."

gbell
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Was the site around when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were using the terms "hymietown" and "white interlopers"? I know it was around when Dusty Baker said what he did, as well as Michael Irvin. Even Charles Barley. Besides the Irvin thread, I can't find others. I assume Kapt would have commented in those threads about this "vile" speech?

GOLDENGREEK
04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Barkley is GREAT !! He tells is like it is and dosent back down. He gives his opinions on both blacks and whites. I have heard him say some harsh "truths" to / about black people that no other black man would have the balls to say. Barkley is the man!!

heleanth
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Comments like the ones Imus made are happening less now than they did 5 or 10 years ago. The reason is not that people like Imus have more tolerance. He is the same predudiced bigot he was then. The reason for it is that those that are that thoughtless have been made to pay for perpetuating the type of thinking that Imus perpetuates with that kind of comment. I think a two-week suspension is appropriate. I doubt he will make a thoughtless mistake like that again.

Kaptain
04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
i NEVER go into as much as read your threads, ill out KAp you anyday, go on and be a hypocrite and cry somewhere else...

Now here's and immature and cocky statement coming from someone who......

doesn't even post plays, just lurks around waiting for controversial topics so he can put his erroneous opinions in.....

threads that were designed to initiate trouble........

You started this damn stupid ass thread, in the wrong section naturally, and made yet another snipe by stating the "democracks" will be coming out...etc.........

This is yet another method of yours to initiate controversy.....looking for rebuttals and disagreements.....

You're a whopping 34 years old.....Were you around in the 50's and 60's, when racial problems were killing people....When certain people couldn't use the same bathroom, the same bus, the same water fountain, the same church, etc. etc., because others had the same sick demented ideas you posess....

I was there you young ass punk, and it wasn't pleasant.....were you around the war front to watch soldiers, some Afro American, get their heads blown off, for the wonderful, right to "Freedom of Speech"....course not....you were probably lurking then....

Others gave you the right of Freedom of Speech, and you damn sure don't do it justice by your attitude....I'm one of those fvkn others, and it makes me sad, that lives were lost for assholes like you....

Lets see some of that great capping....Put a play out there....How many have you put out there since you invaded this forum.....I don't see many.....

You, and your logic, are a disgrace to what I call a classy forum, which is slowly evolving backwards, as long as assholes like you are allowed here....

You say hypocrite, and go cry somewhere else.....Not a hypocrite, just believe in fairness to mankind, I'll leave open an exception in your case....Cry.....You got me crying right now, to think that others put their lives on the line, so you can misconstrue and misuse the "Freedom of Speech" that was given to you.....

You're obviously a racist, to condone that statement, and hoping the "democracks", quote you, would pick up on it.....Is there a difference in a Democrat, or Republican opposing your beliefs.....Or, are you close minded there also.....

You're a disgrace to this Forum, and I'm ashamed to consider that I belong to the same Orginization as you.....

Go ahead young man, keep your beliefs.....We can't win em all....

PS---thanks for all the "Great PLays" you've given this Forum, you've made us all a "Ton of Money"....Now that's hypocritical....Fvkn Clown.....Loser......I can't even describe your sorry ass....

ChuckLazar
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Racial comments will continue to be a topic in the world forever after we are dead and gone.

Everyone has a different opinion on the topic, brought mostly about from the way they are raised as adolescents (by parents and community), and then developed as they are today, from years of personal experiences (friendships or gang violence, to name a few) with other races.

If you are white and had an Archie Bunker for a father, you probably hate blacks. If you are a Black Female and was rapped by a White Man, you probably hate Whites.
I grew up in the inner city of Pgh and lived and played with all kinds of races. I guess you might say, I'm color-blinded.

Arguing about what other people say on This Topic on a Gambling site, is as useless as arguing about Politics, and is nothing more than wasting some valuable time in your life. :blah: :blah:

rented mule
04-10-2007, 06:04 PM
First of all, the only thing Imus should be fired for is being unfunny and completely unentertaining.

Secondly, who gives a shit what some senile, bitter old coot says on the radio? How does that affect any of your lifestyles?

This world has become way too politically correct. You want to sensor what someone says on the radio? Why not prevent us from gambling online or daytrading, while you're at it?

Oh wait......they did that already.

He's an idiot and what he said was stupid and wasn't even close to being funny. Anyone looking to Imus for meaningful social commentary needs to get a life.

Hey Kaptain....i'm a huge Stern fan. Does that make me a bad person?

GOLDENGREEK
04-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Here are some great Barkly quotes. I believe he can say what he wants and I agree with most of what he says. The diffrence is he has never gotten in trouble for saying any of these things. There is a definate double standard and if people dont believe that they are only fooling thenselves.

Barkley:

On throwing an elbow at an Angolan: "Well, he might have pulled a spear on me."

The worst thing is that she may go and kiss up to them. When the Reds won the World Series, she was drinking champagne with the brothers and calling them million-dollar niggers behind their backs. I have more respect for the Klan, because when they call you nigger they don't sit there and drink with you.

"You can be as successful as you want to be but you have to push yourself, and the only way to do that is through education. You can't blame your Mom, you can't blame your Dad,you can't blame white people, you have to take control of your own life and make yourself successful."

It's really wrong for black people to be racists, because two wrongs don't make a right. White people don't know any better, that's the way they were taught, but black people knowhow it feels."

Best socio-political analysis: Charles Barkley, of course. After Beyonce Knowles' halftime show, during which she removed nary a stitch of clothing but made Janet Jackson look like an overanxious has-been, Chuckster said, "I think in America that gay people should be allowed to get married. I think that's their business. But when you see Beyonce, why would you want to be gay?"

I always say two things: Black people will borrow money and not pay you back and white people cannot dance. If somebody wants to think that is racist, I said it in humor and jest. If somebody wants to make it into racism, I don't worry about it.

Sir Charles, on Bill Maher's show, about the Democratic Presidential Debates, "Al Sharpton need to get out, too. And that sistah-girl (Carrol Moseley Braun). Hey, I love Al Sharpton and I love the sistah-girl, but hey, we can't even get black coaches in the NFL, you think we gonna have a black president?"

To Kenny the Jet, who was late to work: "When we say go on at seven, that don't mean black folk time."

We as black folks have to do a better job... . Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard...

Black people get treated like crap in this country. White folks who don't have money get treated like crap. So listen, if you don't like it - Don't watch! Okay Ernie, let's talk about basketball."

"I just wish all these young black kids would realize how significant it is to stop acting a fool out there, killing each other, not getting their education. You know, people have died to put us in a situation to be successful."

When people talk about Katharine Hepburn, she's called an icon. She had an affair for 20 years, but Kobe is called a slut. And what about Rudolph Giuliani? He had two women fighting to get into the (New York) mayor's mansion. But Kobe is a slut.

If you're a grunt for CNN, those people are exploited. The guy behind the camera I talk to, he's exploited. This guy is making $17 million, and he's exploited? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Rasheed Wallace is making $17 million and has been making almost that much for the past five years. He's way overpaid.

While watching someone in Australia put $1 million worth of rubies on a table: "Damn, must not be any black folks in Australia. You can't just leave $1 million worth of jewelry lying around the 'hood."

"Sports are a detriment to blacks, not a positive. You have a society now where every black kid in the country thinks the only way he can be successful is through athletics."

Poor black people are in great shape. Black people use duct tape for everything. You break a chair, use duct tape. Your pants rip, use duct tape. You tear your ACL, use duct tape!" -- Barkley, on the nation's warning to the public to buy duct tape.

"I don’t think I run my mouth. That’s just what redneck sportswriters say when you voice an opinion they disagree with. And I don’t think I’m someone who gets in trouble. If someone throws a drink in my face, I’m gonna defend my damn self."

"I'm rich, man. I can't be hitting people. It's a liability issue. Especially with all these white people in the crowd at golf tournaments. I can see the headlines: 'Charles Barkley kills white dude with a golf ball.' I don't need to be looking for my Al Cowlings."

"I don't know anything about a lot of things, but I would ask somebody and try to make a fair, honest decision for the majority of the people. Not the rich, not the poor, not the black, not the white. When you get elected to public office, you're supposed to represent everybody. Your job is not to take care of the rich or the poor or the black or the white. Your job is to take care of everybody."

Barkley: Reggie was the stunt double in Brokeback Mountain.

On a new TV show called "My Boys", which starred a blonde, Jordana Spiro, as a sportswriter. "Sportswriters don't look like that. They’re more like the troll variety."

On Steve Nash: "I’ve only said this two times in my life, but that's a bad ass white boy."

After a Brokeback Mountain joke showing Barkley and Kenny's heads superimposed onto the bodies of the film’s gay cowboys: "I was behind Kenny! I was the Mountain part. He was the Brokeback."

Talking about the Portland Trailblazers and their inconsistent play: "You never know what team is gonna show up on a given night, but you can bet they will be high."

I'd never buy my girl a watch... she's already got a clock over the stove.

On Saddam Hussein: "I think he's still alive. . . . Look at Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein - they used to both work for the United States and now they're enemies. That's part of the hypocrisy that goes on here."
On the flak celebrities get for their anti-war beliefs: "That's part of the hypocrisy that goes on when you're in the limelight - if you say something, you're anti-American or unpatriotic or too liberal. We're all free to say what we want to, but if you ever forget your place, we'll put you back in your place."

Barkley (on David Letterman): I'm black and when I was growin up a lotta black people weren't sayin we gotta hurry up and grow up and move to Oklahoma. You never heard that, Dave! You know? We wanted to go to New York City, Philadelphia, Miami... none of the brothers said let's grow up and move to Oklahoma.
Letterman: I assume there are black people in Oklahoma.
Barkley: We got to assume that! We never been there!

Reggie Miller: "Gonzaga. That's my dark horse."
Charles: "They ain't that dark."

"Being black or white isn't an accomplishment. What you do with your life — or what you accomplish with your life — dictates what you should be proud of."

At halftime of the all star game, in response to seeing Beyonce in the crowd, Barkley said, "All I wanna know is when ya see someone that pretty, how can you go to Brokeback Mountain?"

On Supreme Court nominee John Roberts: "I'm disappointed that George Bush is going to get to pick, most likely, two Supreme Court Justices. I'm very disappointed in that. It's a good thing I don't need an abortion and it's a good thing I don't need an affirmative action job."

Charles on Jim Brown: "He’s not a martyr. He’s an ass."

Summarizing Hootie Johnson's stance on keeping women out of Augusta: "Translating it into Ebonics. ... What he's saying is, 'We are golf, we've always been racist and sexist.'"

New Jersey and Washington never looked at a scouting report," Barkley said, referring to the book on Wade. "Every time Dwyane Wade goes left, he stops and shoots a step-back jumper. Every time he goes right, he goes all the way to the basket. I don't think any of these NBA players today ever look at a scouting report. This is just very simple and they're just dumb.

Ernie: "We're on our way to Detroit, aren't we?"
Barkley: "Damn, I gotta get my bulletproof vest."

Charles responding to an Orlando Sentinel poll that showed that 62% of respondents did not want the Orlando Magic to re-sign free agent Shaquille O'Neal: "Just shows you that 62% of the people in Orlando are stupid."

"Poor People and minorities tend to vote Democrat. That's why they're poor."

After Ernie asks if Charles has ever been to another country: "I've been to Alabama, that's like a third world country."

"These black guys who have three or four babies by different women should have their balls cut off."

Charles on how so many NBA players think they are better than they really are, aka his "Playboy Bunny Theory":
"Most guys think they are married to Playboy bunnies, when in reality they're married to rabbits."

"Danny Ainge has to realize that some of the best basketball players are some of the best dumb guys in the world. Until he learns that, the Boston Celtics will not be successful. You don't go to Harvard and Yale to get great basketball players...you go there to get lawyers and accountants. You have to go to the ghetto to get the good players. You have to learn that Danny Ainge." -- Barkley, on Ainge's plan of finding "smart" players.

Charles Barkley: "I'm so sick of fat people."
Kenny Smith: "Why? You can't live with yourself?"
Barkley: "First of all, they killed Oreos. You know they can't make the Double-Stuff Oreos anymore because fat people can't keep their mouths shut. Now they're killing the McDonald's super-size. Can you believe that? Just because fat people are lazy and don't work out and can't keep they're mouths shut, they have to ruin it for everybody. They'll probably kill ice cream next! Is that my fault they can't stop eating? I'm so sick of these fat people suing these companies. Stop eating!"

"Kobe Bryant is like OJ Simpson - you know, the guy who killed those two people."

"Hard fouls are part of the game. This ain't the WNBA."

On his way to watch a Nascar race at Talladega one time, Barkley said he saw a bunch of "Confederate flags flying around," and went back home.

Women be milking it!" -- Charles Barkley, on how it's easier for a woman to give birth than for a man to play an NBA game on a sprained ankle.

If you're working at Wal-Mart and have 10 kids, quit having kids.

You know the world is off tilt when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest basketball player is Chinese and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

On Jerry Krause still being able to keep his job as GM of the Chicago Bulls: "Jerry Krause must have pictures of his boss's wife having sex with a monkey."

"when I was recruited at Auburn [university], they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those titties on Buffy, I knew that Auburn met my academic requirements."

"The NBA's in disarray - a white guy won the slam-dunk competition. We need to have another Million Man March." Sir Charles responding to L.A. Clippers rookie Brent Barry winning the slam dunk competition.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

You mean to tell me they're holding our plane and soildiers hostage, and we're giving this Chinese guy a three year contract"

Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them."

His greeting to new Rocket Elmer Bennett: "Elmer? I ain't never met a brother named Elmer. I can't believe that. A brother named Elmer. I have been alive 33 years, and I ain't never met a brother named Elmer. I've heard of Elmer Fudd, but that's it. They named a fella Elmer."

ChuckLazar
04-10-2007, 06:10 PM

doesn't even post plays, just lurks around waiting for controversial topics so he can put his erroneous opinions in.....

You started this damn stupid ass thread, in the wrong section naturally, and made yet another snipe by stating the "democracks" will be coming out...etc.........

This is yet another method of yours to initiate controversy.....looking for rebuttals and disagreements.....

You're a whopping 34 years old.....Were you around in the 50's and 60's, when racial problems were killing people....When certain people couldn't use the same bathroom, the same bus, the same water fountain, the same church, etc. etc., because others had the same sick demented ideas you posess....

I was there you young ass punk, and it wasn't pleasant.....were you around the war front to watch soldiers, some Afro American, get their heads blown off, for the wonderful, right to "Freedom of Speech"....course not....you were probably lurking then....

Others gave you the right of Freedom of Speech, and you damn sure don't do it justice by your attitude....I'm one of those fvkn others, and it makes me sad, that lives were lost for assholes like you....

Lets see some of that great capping....Put a play out there....How many have you put out there since you invaded this forum.....I don't see many.....

You, and your logic, are a disgrace to what I call a classy forum, which is slowly evolving backwards, as long as assholes like you are allowed here....

You say hypocrite, and go cry somewhere else.....Not a hypocrite, just believe in fairness to mankind, I'll leave open an exception in your case....Cry.....You got me crying right now, to think that others put their lives on the line, so you can misconstrue and misuse the "Freedom of Speech" that was given to you.....

You're obviously a racist, to condone that statement, and hoping the "democracks", quote you, would pick up on it.....Is there a difference in a Democrat, or Republican opposing your beliefs.....Or, are you close minded there also.....

You're a disgrace to this Forum, and I'm ashamed to consider that I belong to the same Orginization as you.....

PS---thanks for all the "Great PLays" you've given this Forum, you've made us all a "Ton of Money"....Now that's hypocritical....Fvkn Clown.....Loser......I can't even describe your sorry ass....

Kapt, I used to have my younger sisters run home every day after school, while I had to fight to keep my lunch money or tennis shoes or the coat on my back.
Most of these kids here were spoon-fed growing up and think there shit don't stink.They would be the first to run if you were walking down the alley with them, and 10 Black kids were coming the other way. Don't waste your time. :gives:

GOLDENGREEK
04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
First of all, the only thing Imus should be fired for is being unfunny and completely unentertaining.

Secondly, who gives a shit what some senile, bitter old coot says on the radio? How does that affect any of your lifestyles?

This world has become way too politically correct. You want to sensor what someone says on the radio? Why not prevent us from gambling online or daytrading, while you're at it?

Oh wait......they did that already.

He's an idiot and what he said was stupid and wasn't even close to being funny. Anyone looking to Imus for meaningful social commentary needs to get a life.

Hey Kaptain....i'm a huge Stern fan. Does that make me a bad person?

No, apparently just me.

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM

now this is comedy.........:red:

KR-V3
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Jordan, I just made you a fresh new pot....enjoy http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/images/avatars/avatar_1328.jpg

:red: :red: :red: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

I'm fucking rolling!!!!

moondog22
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Does anyone here really know how much Imus does for the underprivileged,needy kids?How many know about his non-profit ranch out west he started for these kids? Imus has given back to the American people in a Christian way far better than any so called "Man Of God" televangelists or main stream religious follower of Christ.

gbell
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM
And he was one of the first to speak out about the racial undertones to the FEMA response (or lack of) and how horrible that was.

GOLDENGREEK
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Does anyone here really know how much Imus does for the underprivileged,needy kids?How many know about his non-profit ranch out west he started for these kids? Imus has given back to the American people in a Christian way far better than any so called "Man Of God" televangelists or main stream religious follower of Christ.
Dont be silly! None of that counts!! *wink wink*

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Holy Shit moondog ... WELCOME BACK! :clapping:

We have been wondering about you for months now. How are you?

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM

I agree but i think the suspension was right. I mean seriously, pacman jones has done good things too but you have to pay the price when you do or say things your employer doesn't like.

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 06:50 PM
The mainstream ppl like Kapt are too naive to READ what the tv doesnt tell them....

wayne1218
04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey jordan, You've made your point and you continue to point people out here with your comments. Do something constructive here for once in your life.

BettorsChat
04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Moving this thread

AUeagle100
04-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kaptain

you just preached earlier in the thread that you cannot stand people that degrade and humiliate people, but at the same time you are doing the same thing i.e. "young ass punk" "assholes" etc..

but ill keep it at that. i dont get much time to be here so apparently unless you post your picks hourly and daily like a lot of yall here then i don't deserve to post here.

by the way i'm not offended at what imus said, but i can assure you his apology is bs b/c he's had a history of calling people "spics, greasers, japs" etc.

BettorsChat
04-10-2007, 07:42 PM
you just preached earlier in the thread that you cannot stand people that degrade and humiliate people, but at the same time you are doing the same thing i.e. "young ass punk" "assholes" etc..

but ill keep it at that. i dont get much time to be here so apparently unless you post your picks hourly and daily like a lot of yall here then i don't deserve to post here.

by the way i'm not offended at what imus said, but i can assure you his apology is bs b/c he's had a history of calling people "spics, greasers, japs" etc.

He didn't call jordan that until he pissed kapt off. Also a racist remark vs. calling someone an asshole is a big difference.

Jordan does like being negative too.

jordanrules23
04-10-2007, 08:01 PM
He didn't call jordan that until he pissed kapt off. Also a racist remark vs. calling someone an asshole is a big difference.

Jordan does like being negative too.
Monte, where did i piss him off??? the poser is in the wrong and i demand an opology...or im calling up jesse, Al, and Martin

spreadman
04-10-2007, 08:47 PM
This stuff is better than TV........

ChuckLazar
04-10-2007, 11:32 PM
This stuff is better than TV........
Some of these guys should be on Jerry Springer.:red: :red:

gbell
04-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Some of these guys should be on Jerry Springer.:red: :red:

That show brings nothing to the world and anyone who watches that is stupid and ignorant.

Signed,
Kapt

:red:

Ldawg
04-11-2007, 02:21 AM
That show brings nothing to the world and anyone who watches that is stupid and ignorant.

Signed,
Kapt

:red: Ez there Tiger !

Kaptain
04-11-2007, 06:33 AM

You have a valid point there.....I should practice what I preach, and I put my self in the samecategory as he.....heaven forbid........I just detest racism, and I guess I flew off the handle too much.....

Re your statement, I agree, and I apologize for making the statement re young punks, cause I was young once my self......Shouldn't have utilized that phraseology....Didn't want it to be generic, cause all youn people are not punks and assholes....With thius I agree, and I apologize to you, and others I may have offended, in his case, he's the typr that stereotype others in a bad way....

You don't have to post your picks here hourly and daily to have a voice here my man....Yours is welcome, and was openly received by me....

Let us hear more from you....Best to you.....kapt

Kaptain
04-11-2007, 06:37 AM

Signed,
Kapt

I wouldn't necessarily say stupid, and ignorant, but they certainly are lacking something in their lives to watch and enjoy, the pre staged and set up BS they display......

Another show that depicits, and displays, and mocks others hardships...........I think it's a mockery, and disgusting......But that's my opinion.....I've got better things to do than watch Jerry Springer........

Each to his own.....know what I mean Verne.....kapt:red: :red: :red:

rwall
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
When Chuck Norris crosses the street, the cars have to look both ways.

rwall
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

rwall
04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Chuck Norris killed the Pope with a roundhouse kick to the chest after an argument over who had a better beard, Jesus or Norris.

TwoTonTony
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
chuck norris does not tea-bag chicks...he potato sacks them

TwoTonTony
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
chuck norris went to burger king and ordered a BIG MAC......and got one!!

gbell
04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Imus Out at MSNBC
Posted Apr 11th 2007 6:26PM
Filed under: TV

MSNBC just announced it will no longer simulcast Don Imus' radio show.

It was just announced that the FCC has opened an investigation into Imus' disgusting remarks.

story to follow shortly

TwoTonTony
04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
2. Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a f***ing Indian.
3. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Chuck Norris, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.
4. Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down.
5. If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'till." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face
6. Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse-kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
7. Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.
8. Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.
9. When Chuck Norris sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes only a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. Chuck Norris has not had to pay taxes ever.
10. Chuck Norris once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger, by yelling, "Bang!"
11. Chuck Norris once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Chuck Norris re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.
12. Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.
13. Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Chuck Norris .
14. Chuck Norris does not teabag the ladies. He potato-sacks them.
15. Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.
16. Chuck Norris was the fourth wise man, who gave baby Jesus the gift of beard, which he carried with him until he died. The other three wise men were enraged by the preference that Jesus showed to Chuck's gift, and arranged to have him written out of the bible. All three died soon after of mysterious roundhouse-kick related injuries.
17. Chuck Norris once ate a whole cake before his friends could tell him there was a stripper in it.
18. There are no races, only countries of people Chuck Norris has beaten to different shades of black and blue.
19. A Chuck Norris-delivered Roundhouse Kick is the preferred method of execution in 16 states. .
20. When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was aired in France, the French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.
21. While urinating, Chuck Norris is easily capable of welding titanium.
22. Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with more than 20,000 women in his lifetime. Chuck Norris calls this "a slow Tuesday."
23. For some, the left testicle is larger than the right one. For Chuck Norris, each testicle is larger than the other one.
24. Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO.
25. Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

Kaptain
04-11-2007, 06:49 PM

see post #103 :red: :red: :red:

Dead Presidents
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
ds:angry3: :angry3: :angry3: :angry3: :angry3:

Lsufan
04-11-2007, 08:08 PM
You have a valid point there.....I should practice what I preach, and I put my self in the samecategory as he.....heaven forbid........I just detest racism, and I guess I flew off the handle too much.....

Re your statement, I agree, and I apologize for making the statement re young punks, cause I was young once my self......Shouldn't have utilized that phraseology....Didn't want it to be generic, cause all youn people are not punks and assholes....With thius I agree, and I apologize to you, and others I may have offended, in his case, he's the typr that stereotype others in a bad way....

You don't have to post your picks here hourly and daily to have a voice here my man....Yours is welcome, and was openly received by me....

Let us hear more from you....Best to you.....kapt

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Lsufan116/RevKapt.jpg

wayne1218
04-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Bwaaaaaaaahahahahaha :hahaha:

Spark
04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
OMG .... hahahahahaha

jcindaville
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Damn JOhn, were have you been

savage1
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Imus Out at MSNBC
Posted Apr 11th 2007 6:26PM
Filed under: TV

MSNBC just announced it will no longer simulcast Don Imus' radio show.

It was just announced that the FCC has opened an investigation into Imus' disgusting remarks.

story to follow shortly

What a stupid choice of words-an "investigation" into his remarks??? What are they going to do call in the FBI to "investigate"!!!!
In my opinion this thing has gone to far, and while I rarely watch Imus, I think he said everything in jest, and lets not forget, they were only words!!!
The only thing I can say and this goes way back to an expression used in my college days, "Fuck em if they can't take a joke!"

baseballdave
04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Lsufan116/RevKapt.jpg

:hahaha: :hahaha:

I hope I don't get on your bad (or good) side Jimmy:red: :red:

Dave

baseballdave
04-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh and I forgot Chuck Norris is gay !!!

jordanrules23
04-11-2007, 11:54 PM
:hahaha: :hahaha: